Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Solo 2 SHOULD Happen.

https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-kasdan-...olo-star-wars/

I think time is slightly kinder to Solo since its release and if Disney honestly accepts that it was the backlash to Last Jedi that was the biggest reason for Solo’s flop I think they could do a great job. Certainly many of the characters introduced in Solo like Qi’Ra and Glovers Lando have become fan favourites, and I think Aiden did a good job as Solo. All they need to do is erase Kathleen Kennedy’s notion of not letting other actors play established characters again (something she’s only doing to focus on her own original content) we could have an interesting project. No reason why it couldn’t even be a direct to Disney Plus project…

What do you think, would you like to see a sequel to Solo?

I have nothing against the idea. If they follow up with Qi'ra, Crimson Dawn, throw in Boba Fett in his prime etc... it could be a good crime flick in space or something.

Same problem as SOLO, I can't see anyone but Ford as Solo.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have nothing against the idea. If they follow up with Qi'ra, Crimson Dawn, throw in Boba Fett in his prime etc... it could be a good crime flick in space or something.
    The Marvel comics have pretty much been doing this exact same thing for the past two years, although with Qi'ra's whereabouts in the OT era, so I guess there's some wiggle room. There's still the story of how Darth Maul wound up stuck on Malachor.

Lando is still I think getting a Disney+ show. Skeleton Crew & Acolyte are now filming, Ashoka and Mandalorian season 3 are pretty much almost ready to go and I'm guessing it'll be a while for Andor season 2 so I think it's next on the slate. Subject to Disney shakeups and Glover's schedule of course.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I hope the Lando show happens and they just film the "Community" movie on their set. (it could be Abed's imagination) Just have Glover film a scene for Lando, scene for Community, scene for Lando, scene for Community... That could work, right?

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

I could go for Solo 2.

I would want a Solo Disney+ show more though.

I was never a Han Solo fan growing up, but I loved Alden Ehrenreich's Han Solo. He is Han Solo to me. Just as Donald Glover is Lando Calrissian to me. Those two were much better than the originals, I thought.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's actually a pretty good movie. I've been wanting to re-watch it for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to it. I wouldn't mind but I think the biggest problem with going back to the original characters is that we all know their fates. It's hard to watch anything with them in it without it affecting how you see the movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Rather have it be Lando.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I agree! Mario Van Peebles was underrated!

...oh you mean the OTHER Solo.

I would prefer they did something different. A day in the life of a Cantina singer or something like that...Or maybe a Jar-Jar Arbor Day special!

Didn't care much for Solo when I saw it, but I watched it again a few months back and enjoyed it a lot more. I wouldn't be against the idea of a sequel.

I think Glover's Lando was better and if given a choice would rather a Lando film/show with Alden's Han in a supporting role but I'd be cool either way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm in the camp of "I didn't hate it when I originally saw it" so yes, while not perfect, it is deserving of a sequel.
    The consensus from the film I've noticed is that Lando was the breakout character so give him more to do as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There was the announced Lando series but it still seems to be lower priority compared to the the currently running series & shows in development, and I don't think it's ever been confirmed that Glover or Williams would be involved, or are available.

Ultimate Member

Definitely! Solo and Rogue One were both my favorite of the last decade or so of Star Wars movies.

Lando was amazing. They must have had to mop the floors after his scenes, he was oozing so much charisma! Q'ira and 'young Han' were also good. Even Dryden Voss and Beckett were memorable (even if they obviously won't be in a sequel...).

In my lifetime, James Bond transitioned from Sean Connery to Roger Moore to Timothy Dalton to Pierce Brosnan to Daniel Craig (and I found stuff to like in all of them), I've got ZERO issue with a new person playing an older role, and Alden did a great job as Solo.

Think with Ford it's a bit more tricky as he stayed much longer in both Han and Indiana Jones, whereas Connery left fairly soon (although he was of course asked back a few times).

Bond also started as a literary character while both Han and Indy were created for movies.