Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Whatever happened to Supreme?

    I really liked him back in the 90's. Too powerful and they just whisked him away?

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I really liked him back in the 90's. Too powerful and they just whisked him away?
    The first series briefly ended at #56 in 1998. Then there was Supreme: The Return #1-6 starting in 1999. Then the old numbering picked up with 63-68 in 2012. There was also Supreme: Blue Rose #1-7 in 2014. Alan Moore's run was outstanding. I bailed out of the Blue Rose mini.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    He's not mentioned as much as Youngblood but Supreme's publishing rights were also sold to Andrew Rev and his Terrific Production by Scott Rosenberg, who Liefeld had in turn given the rights to at the end of the 90s when they split the Extreme properties. Full story here

    My understanding is that Rev let that licence lapse, or anyway Terrific Production never actually amounted to anything, and so publishing rights are now back with Rosenberg, who's probably hoping to find another publisher for Youngblood and Supreme eventually.

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    455

    Default

    I’d hope that they would let Rob have the rights back or let him have the opportunity to do anything he wants with his creations. I wonder if the offer to sell them back to Rob ever arose.

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Supreme was a fantastic example of a male power fantasy. It was just a really fun comic. I think it got derailed by Alan Moore when he basically did a Silver Age Superman riff.

    I wish it was digitized onto Comixology.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’d hope that they would let Rob have the rights back or let him have the opportunity to do anything he wants with his creations. I wonder if the offer to sell them back to Rob ever arose.
    Why? So he can mismanage them again?

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18,262

    Default

    Want to say Erik Larsen did a run after the Warren Ellis mini. I didn't read it though.

    Personally, I really liked the Ellis story. It was sort of a Philip K Dick "what is reality, what is identity?" take on the concept. But I can see how it might not be top everyone's taste.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why? So he can mismanage them again?
    To be fair, when Rob had control of those characters he was willing to let other creators do some really interesting takes on them. This is the stuff that people most remember.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Want to say Erik Larsen did a run after the Warren Ellis mini. I didn't read it though.

    Personally, I really liked the Ellis story. It was sort of a Philip K Dick "what is reality, what is identity?" take on the concept. But I can see how it might not be top everyone's taste.
    Erik Larsen was the artist on 63-68, right before the Blue Rose mini by Ellis.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    18,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Erik Larsen was the artist on 63-68, right before the Blue Rose mini by Ellis.
    Ouch! I got it backwards!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •