Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Lets be honest if Alan Moore hadn't wrote the book, no one would've remembered or cared about it. IMHO that is the sad thing with books like Supreme it took 40 issues and about 5-7 years for someone to make it more than "Superman with bad attitude" concept that was played out by #12, and it's the same with Moore's run on Wild C.A.T.s and Ellis' run on Stormwatch.
    You're not wrong, but I'll stick up for James Robinson's run on Wildcats which happen right before Moore. And while I didn't read it, I know there's folks out there that like Ron Marz version of Stormwatch right before Ellis ( which I did read).

But yeah, take Youngblood...before Moore did his take, which was only a few issues, but it gave other creators a clear concept to build on, all anybody remembers about Rob's version is how absurdly late it was in coming out.

Mighty Member

Sad we will never see it again along with youngblood thanks to some scam artists

I have a lot of the Supreme series and all of the Alan Moore run. This book was very enjoyable. If it suffered , it was mostly due to some of the artwork after the first 25 or so issues. Larsen did a nice wrap-up to the story Moore left on the table. Yeah, Liefeld sold or lost the rights to these properties , but I would hardly call him a bad manager of his catalogue. Prophet is being made into a movie with big time names attached to it. If he's stayed with Marvel and created these titles, he would get nothing but a pat on the head if they were used for Movies/TV shows.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I remember in the very late 90s, there was a crossover between Supreme and Marvel's Gladiator. I never understood why that existed.
    Yes, I've got that. Gladiator has always been my favorite Marvel Superman clone, though I have not been crazy about how they've used him.

I did not know much about Supreme before getting that comic and he certainly was not portrayed in heroic terms. If I recall, even though Gladiator certainly stood up to Supreme very effectively -and even "won" by faking his own death - at one point Gladiator indicates that he thinks Supreme is much stronger than he is. That surprised me.