Extraordinary Member

Default Monkey D. Luffy, Naruto Uzumaki & Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Dante, Sora & Kratos

The Big 3 of their era of Shounen battle manga takes on three classic Playstation heroes.

The battle will take place in *rolls dice* Dublin. Standard starting distance apply.

Monkey D. Luffy has his current stats and abilities.

Naruto Uzumaki has his stats and abilities from his final battle with Sasuke.

Ichigo Kurosaki has his stats and abilities from when he and Orihime fought Yhwach.

Dante has his DMC5 stats, abilities and weapons.

Sora has his KH3 stats, abilities and weapons.

Kratos has his GoW:R stats, abilities and weapons.

Fight 1: Standard fight.

Fight 2: Their base forms have equalized speed.

Fight 3: They're split into three 1v1 fights, base forms have equalized speed:
    - Luffy vs. Kratos
    - Naruto vs. Sora
    - Ichigo vs. Dante

Which trio wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

In the standard group fight, Kratos is too slow to really matter here. Though he does have... Realm Shift from Heimdal which allows him some measure of slow time but it's hardly that aggressively powerful. Dante is competitive in speed but kind of lacks enough gun to really scratch the paint of the Shonen side and I don't know what KH3 did for Sora. Shonen boys should sweep unless Sora has some wild shenanigans.

Equalised speed helps the PS side a lot because now Kratos can get in the mix and he is strong enough to do damage and he is extremely durable. Luffy is still stronger though and his resistance to blunt force kind of removes a lot of Kratos' primary offensive ability and no one else on the enemy team can match Naruto for a combination of sheer firepower and versatility. Would still back the shonen lads here.

For the 1v1s:

- Luffy vs. Kratos: Luffy is stronger, is stupidly resilient to damage, can bypass durability with Ryou, has combat precog and can maybe awaken his fruit and become Nika if things get really hard which puts him in an entirely different class. Kratos has a lot of tools and can go a while but he's outranged, has way less mobility and, for once, can't just Spartan Rage and punch his opponent until they fall down.
    - Naruto vs. Sora: I don't really know where Sora is at these days but Naruto has a metric ton of options at his disposal and is several levels beyond mountain buster in terms of sheer firepower. From what I recall of KH2, Naruto will know that he's been in a fight but I don't think Sora hits hard enough to win here.
    - Ichigo vs. Dante: While endgame Ichigo is more like a statement-y kind of guy rather than an actually doing things kind of guy, even with the few feats he has, being more just annoyed than anything when jumped by like eight Vandenreich guys rather than in real danger, he should be pretty well beyond Dante's ability to hurt. Sin Devil Trigger, Devil Sword Dante and double Kalina Ann railgun might do some damage but I just don't think Dante plays at a high enough level here.

I really only know Kratos, and that's from other people's Let's Plays. And while super strong and durable, the likes of Luffy is on another level. Though Krato's weapons, being mystically imbued, could do damage to Luffy, if he could catch him. That's about it. Similar deal with Naruto and Ichigo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Luffy is still stronger though and his resistance to blunt force kind of removes a lot of Kratos' primary offensive ability
    Not that it really changes the outcome, but how would the blunt force trauma resistence help against Kratos? All of his primary weapons are blades of some sort

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Not that it really changes the outcome, but how would the blunt force trauma resistence help against Kratos? All of his primary weapons are blades of some sort
    Some of Kratos' highest DPS and his usual fight winner is activating Spartan Rage and punching his opponents a lot. That specifically won't work on Luffy.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Some of Kratos' highest DPS and his usual fight winner is activating Spartan Rage and punching his opponents a lot. That specifically won't work on Luffy.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Haki gives Luffy resistance to edged and piercing attacks from people in his own weight class, as well as a more nebulous resistance to some types of esoteric attacks, like Law's Shambles, though that kind of resistance can itself be overcome like Law eventually managed to do to Virgo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Haki gives Luffy resistance to edged and piercing attacks from people in his own weight class, as well as a more nebulous resistance to some types of esoteric attacks, like Law's Shambles, though that kind of resistance can itself be overcome like Law eventually managed to do to Virgo.
    So, call it a resistance. It works, but only to a degree. And Kratos' weapons being literally God tier (for his universe), with various mystical elements, does make it interesting.