Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax_X View Post
    I had thought the cover was changed , but checking it looks like your post is missing
    That explains the lack of votes.

Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

i feel like my covers don't even get slightly acknowlaged
    ya see the thing with humor is that it could either be real funny or completley terrible, the nightmare comes with everyone thinking your unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by PantoTako View Post
    Mine hardly ever get voted for but it is still a fun contest. And at some point you will post one that blows people away. I have won twice but those wins were a long time between.

I have a limited comics knowledge for things outside of the big two. So a lot of the more interesting covers I dont know as much about and if they arnt on Google I dont see them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm sort of in the same boat as you two I am stronger on Marvel covers than the other companies but going to mycomicshop.com helps in that regard. I was happy to get 2 votes this time. And I haven't won a contest in over a year! I did have a sort of double tie earlier this year but lost the tie breaker vote

Sometimes I have a hard time making a choice but still want to acknowledge the cover I didn't pick by calling them my "runner- up" or "honorable mention". Your cover was certainly worthy of that at least! Don't give up!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-30-2022 at 04:30 PM.

I acknowledge stealing it for my cover collection.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congratulations to Tami and thanks to WestPhillyPunisher for tallying the votes!
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Mine hardly ever get voted for but it is still a fun contest. And at some point you will post one that blows people away. I have won twice but those wins were a long time between.
    Yes, just keep trying at it. I've had my fair share of wins but until I won alternating weeks they were pretty spread out. And many of my covers don't get any votes too. Still fun to join in.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Congratulations to Tami and thanks to WestPhillyPunisher for tallying the votes!

Yes, just keep trying at it. I've had my fair share of wins but until I won alternating weeks they were pretty spread out. And many of my covers don't get any votes too. Still fun to join in.
    Before this week the last time I won was in January. I hope players who are not seeing wins don't give up or give up hope.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you two I am stronger on Marvel covers than the other companies but going to mycomicshop.com helps in that regard. I was happy to get 2 votes this time. And I haven't won a contest in over a year! I did have a sort of double tie earlier this year but lost the tie breaker vote

Sometimes I have a hard time making a choice but still want to acknowledge the cover I didn't pick by calling them my "runner- up" or "honorable mention". Your cover was certainly worthy of that at least! Don't give up!
    This Certainly does make me feel more optimistic thanks. and i suppose i do really like showing somewhat more obscure covers when i get the chance to do so.
    ya see the thing with humor is that it could either be real funny or completley terrible, the nightmare comes with everyone thinking your unfunny.

PantoTako,
    fwiw your beautiful cover--with those glorious colors--and was actually high on my "final contenders" list, as was Stony's. I should have acknowledged you both as "honorable mentions."
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 11-30-2022 at 09:56 PM.

Congrats Tami -- and thank you for the vote!

And thank you to Nschornhorst and Iron Maiden for the mentions

This Certainly does make me feel more optimistic thanks. and i suppose i do really like showing somewhat more obscure covers when i get the chance to do so.
    I like to think/remember that the real prize was the friends we made along the wa-- I mean, sharing covers that in some way we love that also fit a theme. It can be wonderful seeing how people think and what they find. You may also find a few covers that you have never seen before or series you didn't know about but the cover someone chose piques your interest to try them. Actually 'winning' and choosing a new theme is a bonus (and a curse if you're determined to do something we haven't done in the past... it's a looooong list).

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I like to think/remember that the real prize was the friends we made along the wa-- I mean, sharing covers that in some way we love that also fit a theme. It can be wonderful seeing how people think and what they find. You may also find a few covers that you have never seen before or series you didn't know about but the cover someone chose piques your interest to try them. Actually 'winning' and choosing a new theme is a bonus (and a curse if you're determined to do something we haven't done in the past... it's a looooong list).
    Actually, winning is more work and less play…

But I agree: I prefer losing with a cover I like than winning with a cover I don’t like. For me, it’s more about showing beautiful covers. (But winning is nice too…)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe