Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Thanks for the recap. Great for Synch, but I'm with the Laura fans who see this as a shaft of Laura. She is just a prop. Hope in the future they make her at least equal in the story. But doubt it...

I don't pick up this line, so can someone tell me how it comes about that Seraphina is just A-OK with leaving the Children in the X-Men's trap? That sounds so contrived and forced as a story beat...the opposite of everything the Children have been written as. Even if she feels a debt for being freed from Orchis, this plot point just doesn't make sense to me. Another interesting potential recurring enemy thrown away by the writers for what will likely be more jobbers of the week.
    I'm actually fine with OWLaura sticking around so she can be with Everett and current Laura can live her life. There's a lot to mine from OWL and her time in the Vault, the trauma she will need to heal from and what the real ramifications may be of all that time in the Vault.

I don't think Serafina is okay with the trap and she likely has the City already working on a workaround. I thought things were left off pretty tense and foreboding with the Children. They're going to strike back at some point and it's gonna be major.
    Last edited by JB; 11-23-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm actually fine with OMLaura sticking (...)
    Is that Old MILF Laura?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Is that Old MILF Laura?
    Haha no, just an error! I do that a lot. LOL

Scott's "Don't worry about Alex" had me howling.

Lovely issue, gold stars all around. Very excited for Synch's unpacking of what happened next ish

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Agreed, this was one of Duggan's strongest issues for sure. I'm excited to see where these story beats go, he was able to weave a bunch of different plotlines (with further ramifications) into the same issue pretty tightly. I'm impressed. It seems like Forge just got a huge power boost.
    My guess is Serafina transmitted something to Forge through that blade or perhaps Darwin put some of his code in Forge's mind of what he's learned.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So we're just gonna keep waiting on the whole "Is it a clone or not" thing with the protocols huh

This issue reminds me of The Girl who Waited, except this Rory chose the right Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'm not going to say much about the Synch/Wolverine relationship debate because for me it's too early and there's still a lot of story to be told. Plus emotions are running high so I rather stay out of it. But there was a comment that Synch is defined by this love story and I just want to put on record that I strongly disagree with that. It's obviously a big part of his story but he's shown to be a competent strategist, a leader, and always wanting to learn more. He and Bobby have a really fun dynamic and his growing relationships with Scott and Jean are some of the most beautiful I've seen in this era. He is loved by all as we see in those panels - could Magik be smiling any bigger? Yes, I'd like to see him spend some time with his fellow GenX classmates but he's also mentally and emotionally hundreds of years older than them and up until this issue he's been alone in a lot of ways.

All I know is that Duggan said Synch is going to have a big 2023 and I couldn't be more ready for it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So, no Darwin rescued after all. That is sad.

So the Children just let Forge (and Caliban) leave without a fight? Surprizing to say the least.

Finally, I want the newer Wolverine version, meet the older one and have a fight over which version should life!!!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm not going to say much about the Synch/Wolverine relationship debate because for me it's too early and there's still a lot of story to be told. Plus emotions are running high so I rather stay out of it. But there was a comment that Synch is defined by this love story and I just want to put on record that I strongly disagree with that. It's obviously a big part of his story but he's shown to be a competent strategist, a leader, and always wanting to learn more. He and Bobby have a really fun dynamic and his growing relationships with Scott and Jean are some of the most beautiful I've seen in this era. He is loved by all as we see in those panels - could Magik be smiling any bigger? Yes, I'd like to see him spend some time with his fellow GenX classmates but he's also mentally and emotionally hundreds of years older than them and up until this issue he's been alone in a lot of ways.

All I know is that Duggan said Synch is going to have a big 2023 and I couldn't be more ready for it.
    Agreed my man. I'm going to enjoy today and not let any of the debate dampen how much I enjoyed the issue. Also I do believe this was the first time we got a glimpse of Firestar actually being happy on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

So the Children just let Forge (and Caliban) leave without a fight? Surprizing to say the least.

Finally, I want the newer Wolverine version, meet the older one and have a fight over which version should life!!!
    She will team up with Old Wolverine

"The Old W"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Can't say I'm interested in the fight thing, but I AM very curious to see what a conversation between the Lauras would be like. Also would very much enjoy Gabby being involved. She can be the mediator. haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can't say I'm interested in the fight thing, but I AM very curious to see what a conversation between the Lauras would be like. Also would very much enjoy Gabby being involved. She can be the mediator. haha.
    You know it's only going to be used to reset Young Laura back into the pre-Liu Clone Identity Angst.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I mean... 🥹🥹🥹🥹😭😭😭😭

damn it, I'm gonna have to buy X-Men again!?

This month I am buying X-Men Red and X-Men after so many months things are finally happening