Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You know it's only going to be used to reset Young Laura back into the pre-Liu Clone Identity Angst.
    I don't actually. Have you seen spoilers? Do you have the inside scoop, Amby?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I don't actually. Have you seen spoilers? Do you have the inside scoop, Amby?
    It's a logical prediction because comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed my man. I'm going to enjoy today and not let any of the debate dampen how much I enjoyed the issue. Also I do believe this was the first time we got a glimpse of Firestar actually being happy on this team.
    Firestar saying it’s a good day was really sweet. Scott even let his hair out. I like it loose with his current costume.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This Issue felt very Short to me, but i'm happy Synch got his Woman back. This may be wishful thinking, but hopefully Serafina can repay the Mutants back for rescuing her from Orchis.
    My take is...she just did.

By allowing Forge to leave and take OLLaura with him without incident...and without alerting the other Children to the simulation ruse.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So we're just gonna keep waiting on the whole "Is it a clone or not" thing with the protocols huh
    Well...if that's what you choose to do...go right ahead. Wait as long as you like.

While I will not speak for anyone else...I have moved on and moved past it long, long ago.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...if that's what you choose to do...go right ahead. Wait as long as you like.

While I will not speak for anyone else...I have moved on and moved past it long, long ago.
    I mean given all of Laura's clone angst you would think that after all this time learning that now she for sure is just a clone and not a real person would be kind of a big deal

Enh. New Laura hasn't learned yet that Old Laura is alive and well on Krakoa.
    Clearly that story is yet to be told.

If ever Duggan decides to tell it...when New Laura gets back from either fighting Brood in space or having the worst/best night of her life fighting Vampires.

I'm surprised so many people seem emotionally invested in Synch/OWL.

I mean given all of Laura's clone angst you would think that after all this time learning that now she for sure is just a clone and not a real person would be kind of a big deal
    But she'd always been "just" a clone, her sisters "just" a clone; at this point why would she see this as in anyway de-validating of herself as an individual?

I think she'd be one of the ones to take it best.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    But she'd always been "just" a clone, her sisters "just" a clone; at this point why would she see this as in anyway de-validating of herself as an individual?

I think she'd be one of the ones to take it best.
    The difference is now she'd literally not even be Laura.

The difference is now she'd literally not even be Laura.
    Fair enough, but "My life is a lie" is sightly different then "Clone angst".

I still think she'd find a measure of comfort in that she didn't lose several lifetimes worth of experiences, and be one of the ones better mentally equipped to having several versions of herself walking around.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

You know it's only going to be used to reset Young Laura back into the pre-Liu Clone Identity Angst.
    But I can hope that means a Young Laura brings back the New X-Men and they do it right this time. (I know I won't get it. But I can hope...)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Fair enough, but "My life is a lie" is sightly different then "Clone angst".

I still think she'd find a measure of comfort in that she didn't lose several lifetimes worth of experiences, and be one of the ones better mentally equipped to having several versions of herself walking around.
    I don't see this as a Laura problem as much as a Krakoa problem. All of the replacement mutants are clones and their lives are lies. Young Laura is just slightly better equipped to deal with that than anyone else.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Pretty much. @Nazrel

She may not be The Laura but she's A Laura...Who has her own identity and memories post resurrection quite separate and distinct from newly returned Old Laura.

And now I really want that conversation to happen between the two. It could be used to clear up a lot of "misconceptions" about resurrected persons and just how valid their lives and memories and experiences are in the present and going forward.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2022 at 10:38 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Doubt it. Pretty sure Duggan's gonna solve this ASAP.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm still concerned about what it means being her age now that she's outside of the Vault. Can her healing factor stall the aging process that much? How old was Old Man Logan supposed to be, do we know? The data page mentioning Forge using Tempo's powers to dodge the "temporal storm" made me doubly concerned.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!