Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    That was good issue for Forge. I love how he changes his mind, from abandoning Laura to rescuing her after talk with Caliban and Serafina. Also that last page with them talking and him apologizing to Caliban for misusing his mutant abilities.
    What I hate is that we get Synchverine, again. I want Synch to interact with GenX pals, I want him to at least talk with Monet, hell, I want him to be his own character, not to be defined by that "lovestory".
    I want Laura to be something more then a prop in his development. I get, great that we get that whole scene that looks like Jean and Scott giving their son a gift for X-Mass, but I'd like at least one panel to hear how she feels, maybe she saying something like "Did he make it, can I see him?" or anything like it. Cool that it was her decision to kiss him, that's a bare minimum.
    I really don't enjoy this plot, for both of them.
    So I dont get it and have really tried. Can you explain something to me, not trying to be rude but really just dont understand the mindset and would like to. You don't want synch to be defined by that one "love story" but you want him to interact with his old classmates, esipically his old love monet. Isn't that defining him by his first "love story". Doesnt that contradict the whole idea?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still concerned about what it means being her age now that she's outside of the Vault. Can her healing factor stall the aging process that much? How old was Old Man Logan supposed to be, do we know? The data page mentioning Forge using Tempo's powers to dodge the "temporal storm" made me doubly concerned.
    Old Man Logan was at least 100 but Hickman did some sci-fi voodoo where Synch, Darwin and Laura being together slowed down their aging.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still concerned about what it means being her age now that she's outside of the Vault. Can her healing factor stall the aging process that much? How old was Old Man Logan supposed to be, do we know? The data page mentioning Forge using Tempo's powers to dodge the "temporal storm" made me doubly concerned.
    Yupp.

I can see Their joy and reunion tragically short-lived. (As heartbreaking as that might be for Ev...it could be great emotional storytelling)

But then...

I remember Wolverine was one of the very last mutants alive in the "Zoo" towards the end of Hickman's PoX so...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So I dont get it and have really tried. Can you explain something to me, not trying to be rude but really just dont understand the mindset and would like to. You don't want synch to be defined by that one "love story" but you want him to interact with his old classmates, esipically his old love monet. Isn't that defining him by his first "love story". Doesnt that contradict the whole idea?
    Sure thing.
    I'm not saying that's all I want for him, it's just something I wish to see. For now it's huge part of him after resurrections, and since I only lately, after Vault begun, read Generation X, I'd love to see how much have changed, how all the characters grew.
    Just like I'm not saying yeet everything away, but I thought we already got him coming to terms that it's over. I feel like much of Krakoan era Synch and Laura are about each other and for both of them I'd like to see something more. Hope that's clearer, I currently have migraine and writing in english gets a bit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Old Man Logan was at least 100 but Hickman did some sci-fi voodoo where Synch, Darwin and Laura being together slowed down their aging.
    Normal Logan is like 130, OML was like 200; but he was slowing dying from Adamantium poisoning as having a completely Adamantium skeleton was overwhelming his healing factor. This version of Laura wouldn't have that problem, to that degree anyway; it was just Synch borrowing from the other two to stay alive.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-23-2022 at 11:36 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Normal Logan is like 130, OML was like 200; but he was slowing dying from Adamantium poisoning as having a completely Adamantium skeleton was overwhelming his healing factor.
    Interestingly, Vault Laura shouldn't have that problem though. Because she was sent in way before the later resurrection snafu when Proteus accidentally gave her an adamantium skeleton cuz Duggan forgot she didn't have one.....so this Laura shouldn't have any adamantium for her healing factor to deal with.

Old Man Logan also seemed to get the gray hair from the trauma more so than the age. As we’ve seen him live much longer in other timelines where he wasn’t even fully gray (e.g., in Powers of X).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Oh yes I forgot about that, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.

I can see Their joy and reunion tragically short-lived. (As heartbreaking as that might be for Ev...it could be great emotional storytelling)

But then...

I remember Wolverine was one of the very last mutants alive in the "Zoo" towards the end of Hickman's PoX so...
    I agree in that if they have her pass away due to rapid aging it could make for great storytelling, as heartbreaking as it would be. But there would be some closure and him by her side for her final moments. The cover and solicit for the next issue make me think this may be the direction they go. Or they'll just come up with something to say she's still aging slowly and have her stick around.

Normal Logan is like 130, OML was like 200; but he was slowing dying from Adamantium poisoning as having a completely Adamantium skeleton was overwhelming his healing factor. This version of Laura wouldn't have that problem, to that degree anyway; it was just Synch borrowing from the other two to stay alive.
    Much appreciation for the info.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's weird. This is technically, like, the original Laura right? But it feels so emotionally disconnected with normal Laura running around and the whole Synch thing although it feels like they're also treating her like the same Laura they all knew and loved.

Not even sure what there is to do with her other than as a supporting character for Synch's story, which seems to be what's happening, but I guess it gives Duggan a Laura with more of a blank slate so people can maybe complain less about how he writes her (probably not).

I'm trying to figure out how I got only 100 from ~1890 to 2070+. I must be older than Logan.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird. This is technically, like, the original Laura right? But it feels so emotionally disconnected with normal Laura running around and the whole Synch thing although it feels like they're also treating her like the same Laura they all knew and loved.

Not even sure what there is to do with her other than as a supporting character for Synch's story, which seems to be what's happening, but I guess it gives Duggan a Laura with more of a blank slate so people can maybe complain less about how he writes her (probably not).
    I recall Laura dying and getting resurrected at least once prior to the Vault storyline. If I'm right, and if this whole resurrection thing is really just cloning (and at this point is there any real argument that it isn't?), Old Laura is a clone of original Laura who died a couple of times before she hit the Vault. So she is a clone of the clone (and possibly several more iterations) of Logan's clone.

(Please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. You guys know better and remember much more than me.)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I recall Laura dying and getting resurrected at least once prior to the Vault storyline. If I'm right, and if this whole resurrection thing is really just cloning (and at this point is there any real argument that it isn't?), Old Laura is a clone of original Laura who died a couple of times before she hit the Vault. So she is a clone of the clone (and possibly several more iterations) of Logan's clone.

(Please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. You guys know better and remember much more than me.)
    I don't recall her dying on Krakoa before Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I don't recall her dying on Krakoa before Vault.
    I do not recall that either.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Laura only appeared in Fallen Angels with Teen Cable and Psylocke and I don't think any of the heroes died in that book. Her Vault adventure was right after that book got canc- I mean, ended.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So, no Darwin rescued after all. That is sad.

So the Children just let Forge (and Caliban) leave without a fight? Surprizing to say the least.

Finally, I want the newer Wolverine version, meet the older one and have a fight over which version should life!!!
    Laura would never do that. She'd probably embrace this older version as one of her clone sisters before she decided to fight her to the death.

Onto the issue itself... like others have said, LOVED the Forge content. THIS is how you do morally ambiguous scientist (take notes Percy).

The Synchverine discourse honestly exhausts me. I have a lot of love for both characters individually so I just wanna see them thriving.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ditto. I don't see this ending well at ALL.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-23-2022 at 12:19 PM.