Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

As far as the Synchverine stuff goes, I'm just over here in the corner contentedly waving my "Bring Back Gaia" sign.

Unless this Laura is a Sleeper Agent and doesnt know it
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean given all of Laura's clone angst you would think that after all this time learning that now she for sure is just a clone and not a real person would be kind of a big deal
    To be fair, everyone who goes through the RP who can't transfer their own minds from their previous body to the next is a clone/duplicate. Neither the body nor the memories/mind are direction continuation of the person who died.

Considering the shoddy work they do with recovering bodies and X-factors slow pace (and seemingly not existing anymore), it's a suprise there haven't been more examples of mutants being still alive while they allready created a new duplicate via the RP.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Unless this Laura is a Sleeper Agent and doesnt know it
    How would that even work?

Why set up Laura as a sleeper agent when the Krakoans just resurrect themselves without the need to recover the previous body?
    How would the Vault even know the X-Men were going to come back for a rescue mission? And the Vault knew the X-Men were coming back but not about Forge's trap?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    To be fair, everyone who goes through the RP who can't transfer their own minds from their previous body to the next is a clone/duplicate. Neither the body nor the memories/mind are direction continuation of the person who died.

Considering the shoddy work they do with recovering bodies and X-factors slow pace (and seemingly not existing anymore), it's a suprise there haven't been more examples of mutants being still alive while they allready created a new duplicate via the RP.
    Editorial has said that it's more than just clones with memories. Specifically this is why instances of bodies without backups put in aren't considered people, since they apparently can't survive on their own

Glad they showed respect for Darwin's powerset. Seems like there's 2 Darwins running around now. Krakoa Darwin and vault Darwin

I still want Ev and Monet to have a proper conversation(and reunion). I dgaf about Old Lady X23. Hickman thought he was so clever with that story, but really it didn't work for me. Not the love story. Not the Children of the Vault. Not Darwin dying(who would have thought Duggan would exceed Hickman in this regard?). The art was good here, but other than that, I'm not really feeling this book.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Glad they showed respect for Darwin's powerset. Seems like there's 2 Darwins running around now. Krakoa Darwin and vault Darwin
    I'm thinking the panel image we saw of Darwin being resurrected (along with Laura) was an artist/Hickman mistake. (Similar to Petra and Sway being alive when they weren't supposed to be) These things happen.

At least that's how Duggan might be looking at it...or else he wouldn't have Forge go on a mission to save Darwin who they believe was still alive and needed rescue. They were more certain that Laura had been killed (from Synch's report) when they tried to exit the Vault and she gave up her life for him...not thinking that she was kept alive.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Great issue. When Duggan delivers, he's absolutely on fire. I wonder what's next for the Lauras now though...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So I dont get it and have really tried. Can you explain something to me, not trying to be rude but really just dont understand the mindset and would like to. You don't want synch to be defined by that one "love story" but you want him to interact with his old classmates, esipically his old love monet. Isn't that defining him by his first "love story". Doesnt that contradict the whole idea?
    Low-key, are you very much correct. It's kind of backhanded love slander on any current hook-up opportunities for Synch.

Mighty Member

I am confused... Are there TWO Lauras now?

Vault Laura and Rebirthed Laura?

If not, then what happened to Rebirthed Laura?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am confused... Are there TWO Lauras now?

Vault Laura and Rebirthed Laura?

If not, then what happened to Rebirthed Laura?
    Yes, there are both of them now.
    Vault/Old Laura is in X-Men and New/Resurrected Laura is in X-Terminators and Captain Marvel series

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yes, there are both of them now.
    Vault/Old Laura is in X-Men and New/Resurrected Laura is in X-Terminators and Captain Marvel series
    Suffice to say, with JDW's past comments about how he dislikes when there's multiple versions of the same character, I think it's safe to say one of the Laura's days are numbered.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Very sweet issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I still want Ev and Monet to have a proper conversation(and reunion). I dgaf about Old Lady X23. Hickman thought he was so clever with that story, but really it didn't work for me. Not the love story. Not the Children of the Vault. Not Darwin dying(who would have thought Duggan would exceed Hickman in this regard?). The art was good here, but other than that, I'm not really feeling this book.
    I vote for Laur-Ev/ Eveaura all the way.

While it makes for Ev and Monet to have that long awaited chat... But that chat should be about closure, moving on and her all that has happened while he was gone....but acknowledge how much they have changed and made peace with it deciding to still just be team pals. Perhaps Laura joined the chat towards its end and we see all three of them have a good laugh together.