Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is it boring serial killers are hot jam right now, those dahmer numbers were no joke
    Heartless isn't Jeffery Dahmer though, he's just a grouping of cliches.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Late but I finally read the Heartless story

I gotta agree this doesn't really actually make Heartless that interesting. Because Chamberlain spends the entire story narrating, it also means we never really get any inner thoughts from Heartless himself. We don't even get much motivation as to why he's doing all this beyond I guess general sadism. Its like he gets in an accident, gets some bionics, and is all "Well I might as well be a supervillain", and puts on a random mask.

Like the whole body-modding thing is fairly interesting but it doesn't really go much into that like say him being addicted to surgery and ****.

At most the genuine love Shelton feels for Chamberlain is the most interesting part about him but otherwise Heartless just feels like some bum instead of a great threat not helped by the extremally generic serial killer cliches. It feels like Taylor pulled out every trope in the book for this.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll largely agree that this didn't set the world on fire, but I did enjoy the mirroring of the Bat-Family. If you're going to do, go all in.

I kinda wanted him sitting in a line with Bruce and Tim (and family) at the circus to see their horror and Shelton's delight. Heck, add Raptor. We could have a whole section full of people with varying reactions to the Grayson's deaths.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Babs is going to be added in at some point, I'm sure .

Extraordinary Member

Just so long as Shrike doesn't come back. That character couldn't make a phonebook exciting let alone a superhero comic.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'll largely agree that this didn't set the world on fire, but I did enjoy the mirroring of the Bat-Family. If you're going to do, go all in.

I kinda wanted him sitting in a line with Bruce and Tim (and family) at the circus to see their horror and Shelton's delight. Heck, add Raptor. We could have a whole section full of people with varying reactions to the Grayson's deaths.
    After a certain point, you have to wonder - if Haly's Circus was already so famous that them doing a show in Gotham attracted every mover and shaker in town and then it ended in horrible tragedy....

...filtered through the reduction in plots revolving around Bruce doing things publically/being a darling of the media...

....if you were an average Joe in Gotham, would you be more likely to have heard of Dick Grayson than of Bruce Wayne?