View Poll Results: Who Should Put Him to Sleep?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colossus

4 6.25%
  • Jean Grey

8 12.50%
  • Cecilia Reyes

6 9.38%
  • Sage

14 21.88%
  • Wolverine

22 34.38%
  • Emma Frost

7 10.94%
  • Professor Xavier

0 0%
  • Exodus

2 3.13%
  • Mystique

0 0%
  • Mister Sinister

1 1.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Who it'll probably be, Logan.

Who I'd like it to be? Simon.

Also the rest of the 05.

Not gonna lie, Wonder Man being the one who has to put Beast down would be poetically tragic.

Especially if they reference this iconic panel

Incredible Member

Cecilia would also be tragic since they were romantically involved.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    i personally think they should all just take turns, a couple of hits each
    Yes.
    But in lieu of that, I want Wolverine to claw him at least once for every person on the list (except Sinister) Plus Angel and Iceman, Scott, Kate, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Rachel, Betsy, Kwannon, All the New Mutants...plus his Defenders and Avengers colleagues for the time he served on those teams.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-24-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

After further consideration, I'd actually really enjoy (ducks and shields his face) seeing EXODUS confront Beast.

Astonishing Member

Some kind of confrontation with Beast is inevitable, and while I don't want Bobby to kill him, lol, I do want him to be central to that storyline. Its very frustrating how he gets sidelined for every major event featuring characters he has tons of history with, and way past time for him to get to be relevant to a major storyline with long-reaching effects like any kind of face-off/trial/accountability for Hank should have at this point. Let's go to the tape:

Dark Phoenix Saga - Bobby was the only member of the 05 not present at Jean's death, and has never gotten more than a panel of face-time with her in any of her major resurrections.

Dark Angel Saga - Despite being the one who broke Warren out of his brainwashing when Apocalypse first turned him into Archangel (by faking Warren out with an ice-clone Warren sliced in half, making him believe he'd killed his friend and shocking him out of it) Bobby's been irrelevant to any follow-up of Warren's various Archangel/Dark Angel stories, except for when he after-the-fact took in the mind-wiped version of his friend.

Cyclops - Played virtually no role in any of the major conflicts involving Scott 5+ years ago, despite a couple scenes where he expressed concern about the road Scott was going down but still solidified his support for Scott regardless....then cut to when he sided with Logan during Schism after Logan specifically sought him out and made a big deal about how important he was to the X-Men and his support in this Schism....after which Bobby played...zero significant role in any of that, nor did his input ever seem sought out or like it mattered in any of the following events with Scott or the fallout.

Rinse and repeat. His connections and history with Rogue, Sam, Jubilee, Lorna, Emma, JP, etc, all like.....vanish or are considered irrelevant during majorly eventful or impactful storylines. Which is a huge part of why Bobby feels so superficial as an X-Man and disconnected from major storylines and character arcs other than his own, because....nobody ever bothers to acknowledge his connections.

So like....if Hank's storyline is building to some kind of inevitable confrontation and fallout, I really do hope that Bobby is heavily involved as part of the emotional stakes of such a confrontation, because way before even Hank and Simon were best buds, and long after their most iconic duo-storylines too...Bobby and Hank were the BFFs of the X-Men, one of the most iconic friendships of the entire franchise, and it'll be annoying as hell if once again, that doesn't matter or play any kind of role.

(Especially because Bobby could arguably have resentments over the role Hank played in forcing him into over a decade of repression and self-loathing since the time-travel coming out storyline meant that upon younger Bobby's return to the past, there was literally no way he ever could have come out before the present day arrival of the young 05...or else the timeline went kablooey. And since Hank's hubris in bringing the 05 to the present to shame Scott was not only hugely hypocritical, given his current demeanor, but also a major stepping stone in his road to full on god complex.....it could be a very good thing to callback to, with his (former) best friend pointing out what a major turning point it was for him, like "did it ever even occur to you, let alone matter, how massively you FUCKED with my life with your whole Ghosts of Christmas Past bullshit back then? If time travel bullshit had never come into play, who knows when I might have naturally come out on my own, without anyone ever having to consider 'preserving the timeline' a bigger deal than letting me live my life. So I'm just wondering, Blue, if the reason you never gave a shit about that was because that was around when you just checked out completely and started figuring that other people just flat out don't matter to you as anymore.")
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 11-24-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Cecilia would also be tragic since they were romantically involved.
    I know they were married with children in Claremont's alt future The End, and I do remember the suggestion of flirting back in her late 90's debut, but did they actually date in the mainstream continuity?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Voice of Sol can pass judgement on the Beast. She's been open to putting him down before when he was getting out of line. She just needs to up the amperage/voltage next time.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm not very fond of Sage, but of the characters on this list she should be the choice. Beast has driven her towards alcoholism, through forcing her to watch the evil garbage that he is doing and turning X-Force into an incompetent force of evil. That or you can easily read the story as Beast having drugged the character, causing her alcoholism. It would be fun to see her get some retribution on Beast.

I wish that the rest of the O5 were available as an option though. It would be great to see his close friends have to take action against Beast. Right now, they mostly just turning a blind eye to the trash he is pulling. At least the ones who know what he is doing like Jean Grey is. I think that she only confronted him once. More is needed from the O5 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Voice of Sol can pass judgement on the Beast. She's been open to putting him down before when he was getting out of line. She just needs to up the amperage/voltage next time.

That was such a weird era… with old Wolverine from the future and the young O5 from the past running around in the present day… but Leinil Yu’s rendition of Old Man Logan was dope AF.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I hate what they have done to Beast. It just reminds me too much of what they did to Bishop years ago or when Cyclops went so far radical, and we thought he had done something so terrible that he had been compared to a very evil historical figure. Those were dark days, and here we are again. It feels like a gut punch. The X-men have enough villains without turning one of the 05 to a monster imo.

But I say this as someone who loves the Beast especially the OG days, X-factor, and early to mid 90s. Morrison's Beast was a favorite of mine but that started him on a darker path in a way (he was moody and had depression issues).

But if characters like Bishop, Cyclops, Emma and others can be redeemed so can Beast. It is possible... but when I see all the hate about Beast on twitter, the discords .. I really think it will take a lot for the younger fans to accept Beast as a hero again. It would take years probably.

I don't think that it would take years for younger or older fans to accept Beast as a hero again. All that Marvel would have to do is say that Krakoa Beast is really just Dark Beast. It would be a lazy explanation, but it would be a simple way to explain why Beast hasbeen acting this way.
    The other dubious things that Beast had been doing before the Krakoa era like bringing the Teen O5 to the future or siding with the Inhumans can be seen as Beast making morally suspect and ambiguous decisions but, not necessarily evil decisions. Depends on how you want to interpret the stories I guess.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Incredible. He truly has become everything he hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't think that it would take years for younger or older fans to accept Beast as a hero again. All that Marvel would have to do is say that Krakoa Beast is really just Dark Beast. It would be a lazy explanation, but it would be a simple way to explain why Beast hasbeen acting this way.
    The other dubious things that Beast had been doing before the Krakoa era like bringing the Teen O5 to the future or siding with the Inhumans can be seen as Beast making morally suspect and ambiguous decisions but, not necessarily evil decisions. Depends on how you want to interpret the stories I guess.
    For sure. Just establish that Brand corrupted his Cerebro backup with Dark Beast’s persona or something. Problem solved.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For sure. Just establish that Brand corrupted his Cerebro backup with Dark Beast’s persona or something. Problem solved.
    I would say to have it be Xavier. He does have a proven history of being a world class bastard when it comes to ends justifying means. So why not have had him manipulate Hank's mind to be the guy he needs to do the dirty work.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say to have it be Xavier. He does have a proven history of being a world class bastard when it comes to ends justifying means. So why not have had him manipulate Hank's mind to be the guy he needs to do the dirty work.
    Couldn’t it be Beast himself? He might have tampered with himself to be capable of getting the job done. It wouldn’t be the first time he experimented on himself.