Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I mean, Ms MArvel did do pretty rough. No doubting that. MAybe some people liked it, but a whole lot didn't. I like the character, but the show wasn't for me. Audience scores for she hulk are pretty bad as well. I actually haven't met one person who liked the ending of the show. Any way you slice it, marvel quality is declining. Too much content too soon. they need to tone it back and take time to build a good story
    This is confirmation bias right here. The two shows you think did poorly are "coincidentally" the ones you disliked. You also know pretty well that "audience scores" are meaningless because both shows were review-bombed by the "horrible crime" of having women in the lead, specially a Pakistani-Muslim one.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This is confirmation bias right here. The two shows you think did poorly are "coincidentally" the ones you disliked. You also know pretty well that "audience scores" are meaningless because both shows were review-bombed by the "horrible crime" of having women in the lead, specially a Pakistani-Muslim one.
    if they were review bombed, then people didn't like them. ms marvel was too kiddie. this is something people who have no bias say. it felt like diary of a wimpy kid. she-hulk had a horrid ending. they also made her a mary sue type character, people don't want to see that crap. in my opinion, none of the marvel shows have been great. i didn't like moon knight or falcon and winter soldier either. it's too much and the quality has dipped

Methinks you don't understand what "review bombed" means.

People don't like everything. For everything in existence, there is someone that doesn't like it. Guess what? That's cool. It doesn't always mean the people that don't like a thing outweigh the people that do like a thing.

Using anecdote ("I never met someone") isn't data, either. Guess what? You "met" me! And I love the She-Hulk ending. And before you try to discount that notion: I've never met (in-person) anyone that likes Cyclops...so I guess NO ONE likes him, right?!

This all reminds me of a quote: "Why try to make everyone like you? YOU don't even like everyone!"
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-11-2022 at 06:09 PM.

This has gotten off-topic. I think this thread should be locked since it has been confirmed to be fake news.

if they were review bombed, then people didn't like them. ms marvel was too kiddie. this is something people who have no bias say. it felt like diary of a wimpy kid. she-hulk had a horrid ending. they also made her a mary sue type character, people don't want to see that crap. in my opinion, none of the marvel shows have been great. i didn't like moon knight or falcon and winter soldier either. it's too much and the quality has dipped
    Review bomb isn't what you think it means.Here MCU stuff that got review bombed was Black Panther, Cap. Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk. Not hard to see a pattern.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    "They need to have less characters"...

"They need to introduce the X-Men"...

Did you mean to say "They need to have less characters that I don't like"?
    Lol. I mean really….

Methinks you don't understand what "review bombed" means.

People don't like everything. For everything in existence, there is someone that doesn't like it. Guess what? That's cool. It doesn't always mean the people that don't like a thing outweigh the people that do like a thing.

Using anecdote ("I never met someone") isn't data, either. Guess what? You "met" me! And I love the She-Hulk ending. And before you try to discount that notion: I've never met (in-person) anyone that likes Cyclops...so I guess NO ONE likes him, right?!

This all reminds me of a quote: "Why try to make everyone like you? YOU don't even like everyone!"
    not every bad review was a review bomb though. you don't think people positively bombed it to counter the bad reviews? you'd be naive to think people only show up to put out bad reviews. other people will try to counter with positive reviews as well

Review bomb isn't what you think it means.Here MCU stuff that got review bombed was Black Panther, Cap. Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk. Not hard to see a pattern.
    most of the things you've listed are mediocre. i honestly didn't really love any of those. black panther was predictable and kind of boring. ms marvel was to kiddie. capt marvel is unlikable. she hulk is a mary sue. she's the best at everything, and that's annoying. beside shang chi and spider man, phase four has been mediocre as a whole. too much content and not enough happened. things, mostly the show, were too long and dull. marvel fatigue is real and at this point i'm not watching all of it anymore. it's not necessary

not every bad review was a review bomb though. you don't think people positively bombed it to counter the bad reviews? you'd be naive to think people only show up to put out bad reviews. other people will try to counter with positive reviews as well
    Translation: "I didn't like it, so I will refuse to admit it was reviewed bombed by sexist or racist pricks, or that, if it did, it made no difference whatsoever. The truth is just that the most of entire world agrees with me all the time, why wouldn't they?".

Translation: "I didn't like it, so I will refuse to admit it was reviewed bombed by sexist or racist pricks, or that, if it did, it made no difference whatsoever. The truth is just that the most of entire world agrees with me all the time, why wouldn't they?".
    not even remotely what i said, but you do you i guess

An MCU property's reception is hard to gauge right away, because it can inspire big reactions no matter what the content. You have people who will review bomb things right away, and you have people who will ģobble up and defend anything MCU right away. For stuff likeMs. M, I feel like we can't get a good general consensus until the more exuberant people have walked away, and we can read thr mood. Like how Eternals is now seen as mid to most, rather than the fall of the MCU or some artistic masterpiece is was at the time. Now that time has passed and people have calmed down, you can look at things more critically, or judge it by various elements rather as a whole. IE, people generally think WandaVision is a good MCU show with a weak ending. And this is on top of identity and identity politics - whether or not it affects someone's ratings, there will always be accusations of other fans letting that cloud their opinions, making people assume the worst of other opinions. So yeah, I don't put too much stock in online reviews for something so new and divisive. I'd wait and see how how it looks after enough time has passed. We're not talking about Julian Keller, who was an instant and beloved hit right away.

Except She-Hulk, which is objectively trash. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules. I wasn't the one who included that twerking scene, and not even give Jen the butt for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Rift, you're so silly, don't ever change.

It's pretty well accepted that people are quicker to complain than they are to praise. Like...it's basically human nature.

Hence the review bombs.

You'd be naive to think that there isn't a pattern as far as what kind of movies/shows are review bombed.

most of the things you've listed are mediocre. i honestly didn't really love any of those. black panther was predictable and kind of boring. ms marvel was to kiddie. capt marvel is unlikable. she hulk is a mary sue. she's the best at everything, and that's annoying. beside shang chi and spider man, phase four has been mediocre as a whole. too much content and not enough happened. things, mostly the show, were too long and dull. marvel fatigue is real and at this point i'm not watching all of it anymore. it's not necessary
    'Kay. As you said, you do you.

All of this does not mean that there isn't a large number of people still enjoying the MCU.

BANNED

It's pretty well accepted that people are quicker to complain than they are to praise. Like...it's basically human nature.

All of this does not mean that there isn't a large number of people still enjoying the MCU.
    Customer service 101.

I think it has diminished some, but that doesn't mean the trend can't be reversed. Hopefully, that'll be the case, now that Chapek has been let go and Iger is back. I'm sure those that have Disney's stock would also like to see it happen, as they're actually invested.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-12-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Customer service 101.

I think it has diminished some, but that doesn't mean the trend can't be reversed. Hopefully, that'll be the case, now that Chapek has been let go and Iger is back. I'm sure those that have Disney's stock would also like to see it happen, as they're actually invested.
    Some? OK, maybe. To what degree would you try and argue?

The most objective metric we have is box office figures. The only movie(s) we can objectively evaluate (to rule out a majority of COVID-19 related shenanigans) are MoM, Thor: L&T, and Wakanda Forever. MoM made drastically more money than the first Dr. Strange...without China! L&T, again without China, seemed to fair slightly worse than Ragnarok; the domestic BO was higher (not by much), but the international was lighter (again...no China). The major outlier of these 3 is Wakanda Forever. The first BP film was surely a phenomenon that I'm not sure could have been matched even without the "controversy" (air quotes, for lack of a better term...no disrespect meant to Boseman or that situation).

All P4 movies before that were released at varying degrees of COVID-19 lockdowns. The major outlier from that set of films, though, being No Way Home, which smashed.

Just because there are more angry YouTube videos about the subject is not an objective metric to follow.

To be honest though, I think the streaming shows just...cost too much money, regardless of how popular they are. I'm no businessman, though. I briefly read over one article that stated Moon Knight didn't pull in any more Disney+ subscribers...likely because everyone invested in the MCU (specifically, the Disney+ content) probably already had Disney+.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-12-2022 at 08:36 PM.