Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Just gonna leave this here. *roller skates away*

Marvel Is Reportedly Refocusing on Quality Over Quantity for Phases 5 and 6
    Marvel Studios is reportedly 're-evaluating' its upcoming Phase 5 and 6 slate after heavy internal criticism about Phase 4's direction.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-changing-...over-quantity/

According to a Marvel Studios source cited by Cosmic Circus, the studio is re-examining its upcoming slate after "internal negative feedback" over the handling of Phase 4's distribution and quality. The issues addressed behind the scenes include creative difficulties with scripts, post-production problems and lacklustre visual effects. To prevent Phases 5 and 6 from continuing down a similar path, Disney could ensure a creative oversight on MCU projects still in the pre-production stage which in effect could see future projects delayed or outright cancelled.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why is this thread still going? It's fake news!
    I feel like you could easily side step any legal issues with Namor by simply marketing the movie as a Kulkukan: King of Talocan instead of Namor King of Atlantis or Namor the Submariner. You can even still call him Namor in the movie, but just have a specific title to avoid the rights/licensing agreements with the other studio. I'll happily take a small consultation fee for this idea, Feige.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I know everyone is not going like everthing but my point is most folks like phase 4 and why current projects are not being dropped just because the x-men movie rights are back at marvel etc..
    most folks do not like phase 4

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    most folks do not like phase 4
    Well, you're not wrong. But "most folks" don't like...every movie. Because every single movie is not even seen by "most folks."

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Well, you're not wrong. But "most folks" don't like...every movie. Because every single movie is not even seen by "most folks."
    true, but a lot of the marvel fans that have seen phase 4 have been underwhelmed. There have been some ok stuff, but ultimately super hero fatigue and bad scripts and movies with forced agendas don't appeal to everyone. many of the shows are not doing well either. it's too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Just gonna leave this here. *roller skates away*

Marvel Is Reportedly Refocusing on Quality Over Quantity for Phases 5 and 6
    Marvel Studios is reportedly 're-evaluating' its upcoming Phase 5 and 6 slate after heavy internal criticism about Phase 4's direction.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-changing-...over-quantity/

According to a Marvel Studios source cited by Cosmic Circus, the studio is re-examining its upcoming slate after "internal negative feedback" over the handling of Phase 4's distribution and quality. The issues addressed behind the scenes include creative difficulties with scripts, post-production problems and lacklustre visual effects. To prevent Phases 5 and 6 from continuing down a similar path, Disney could ensure a creative oversight on MCU projects still in the pre-production stage which in effect could see future projects delayed or outright cancelled.
    I hope they ex everything that is not X-Men off those future plans! Let’s build momentum woth focus so the arrival of our Merry Mutants will be a blast!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I hope they ex everything that is not X-Men off those future plans! Let’s build momentum woth focus so the arrival of our Merry Mutants will be a blast!
    Cannot wait to see them!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

true, but a lot of the marvel fans that have seen phase 4 have been underwhelmed. There have been some ok stuff, but ultimately super hero fatigue and bad scripts and movies with forced agendas don't appeal to everyone. many of the shows are not doing well either. it's too much
    "A lot" =\= "most".

And, further still, do not confuse a vocal minority as being a large enough demographic to even come close to claiming theirselves as "most."

Extraordinary Member

What forced agendas?

Agreed. Scrap the crap and move up the mutant timeline.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What forced agendas?
    One thing on "agendas," according to Bob Iger, from the November 28th Disney town hall...

It’s been just over a week since Disney’s board of directors shocked Hollywood and global markets with news that Iger would replace Bob Chapek as chief executive. Iger’s first town hall before in-person and virtual employees saw him touch on several hot topics: a planned hiring freeze implemented by Chapek following Disney’s recent lackluster quarterly earnings report, the profitability of Disney’s streaming portfolio and the corporate giant’s stance on LGBTQ+ inclusion.

The latter was an Achilles heel for Chapek in his roughly two-year run as CEO. After floating the message that Disney should not be involved in politics, employees and content creators led a full-on social media rebellion decrying his silence on issues like Florida’s incendiary policies on trans children and classroom policies in acknowledging queer people.
    When asked Monday during an employee Q&A about where the studio would now fall on the matter, Iger said “one of the core values of our storytelling is inclusion, and acceptance and tolerance. And we can’t lose that, we just can’t lose that… how we actually change the world through the good must continue. We’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, and we’re not [going to] try to. We’re certainly not going to lessen our core values in order to make everyone happy all the time.”

The remarks were tweeted by numerous employees at the content studios, as well as parks and stores. One staffer noted that Iger’s answer came with “no hesitation.” Two sources familiar with the meeting confirmed his comments.
    So Disney, and by extension Marvel and the X-Men, are most likely going to "stay woke."

I say that's great. Of course the trick, as it is with anything, is the execution. You gotta tell good stories.

You can't have an "agenda" or be "woke" just to be doing it. No, the story has to be good too.

And that's what they're still working on because this is new to Hollywood. They've had an "agenda" in the other direction for Hollywood's entire existence, and now they're slowing coming around and they're still figuring out how to do it this other way. And it's just going to take time. And as they're leaning, some things will be good, and some things not.

That would be ideal, because I think the X-Men and mutants are the future of the MCU.

Two things unlikely to happen are them moving the two Avengers movies.

Disney+ shows though I can see them going in another direction with, because they have a number of shows coming up that I kind of wonder if there's really a large audience that's looking forward to them. They just seem like content for the sake of having content on your streaming service.

And I can understand saving the X-Men, because it's really all they have left now. But they might need to get to them sooner than later, because the next couple of years are looking kind of light on the movie and streaming front.

They're entering into the "you guys better be careful" times.

EDIT:

And I guess something will be happening. Because Bob Iger didn't come back because everything was going along great.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 12-07-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post

Two things unlikely to happen are them moving the two Avengers movies.

Disney+ shows though I can see them going in another direction with, because they have a number of shows coming up that I kind of wonder if there's really a large audience that's looking forward to them. They just seem like content for the sake of having content on your streaming service.

And I can understand saving the X-Men, because it's really all they have left now. But they might need to get to them sooner than later, because the next couple of years are looking kind of light on the movie and streaming front.

They're entering into the "you guys better be careful" times.

EDIT:

And I guess something will be happening. Because Bob Iger didn't come back because everything was going along great.

I don't think they need to move the Avengers movies or eliminate them for that matter. I just think they need to cur the fat...stop doing so many characters, introducing so many new concepts and "we were always here in hiding"super beings...it's really poor storytelling at this point.

They need to have less characters, start building the anticipation of the mutants to align everything for the X-Men after Secret Wars.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I don't think they need to move the Avengers movies or eliminate them for that matter. I just think they need to cur the fat...stop doing so many characters, introducing so many new concepts and "we were always here in hiding"super beings...it's really poor storytelling at this point.

They need to have less characters, start building the anticipation of the mutants to align everything for the X-Men after Secret Wars.
    "They need to have less characters"...

"They need to introduce the X-Men"...

Did you mean to say "They need to have less characters that I don't like"?

Spectacular Member

Yeah, like I say, it seems like they have a lot of content just for the sake of content.

They need to focus.

X-Men is the future, not C and D-list characters.

And I would say do C and D-list X-Men characters over C and D-list regular Marvel characters, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    "They need to have less characters"...

"They need to introduce the X-Men"...

Did you mean to say "They need to have less characters that I don't like"?
    I know I would unapologetically say only do stuff that I like and nothing that I don't.

I would never say do more stuff that I don't like, just for the sake of variety or something.

No, I know I personally only want things that I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    I know I would unapologetically say only do stuff that I like and nothing that I don't.

I would never say do more stuff that I don't like, just for the sake of variety or something.

No, I know I personally only want things that I do like.
    What a boring world you would create, then.