Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    This is a false rumor that has been debunked.
    It’s never been proven false.

Seems like a reasonable enough estimate. I’m fine with 2026 if it gives Marvel studios more time to get their **** together. Hopefully they’ll have stopped overworking their special effects department by then, and maybe start giving their filmmakers more creative freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It’s never been proven false.
    It was proven false back in 2019. James McAvoy said that they were all out contract and so they didn't have to come back.

Also, contracts don't work that way. If it did, than Andrew Garfield should have been the 616 Spider-Man since he signed up for a third film. On top of that, actors sign-up to star in a number of projects, not to be tied to a role for a certain amount of years.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-25-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is all still just speculation at this point but a 2026 post-Phase 6/Secret Wars is a very believable timeframe.

It's obviously much later than I would have liked but nothing I can do really, so I made my peace with it. We have X-Men 97 next year, Deadpool/Wolverine the year after, and then possibly X-Men 97 season 2 in 2025. Who knows if Avengers Secret War will really have Fox's X-Men cast cameo. Plus the ongoing appearance of more mutants in the MCU. And once the first X-project gets announced, a regular stream of news, rumours, casting and updates. Not my ideal scenario but I can live with it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    It was proven false back in 2019. James McAvoy said that they were all out contract and so they didn't have to come back.

Also, contracts don't work that way. If it did, than Andrew Garfield should have been the 616 Spider-Man since he signed up for s third film. On top of that, actors sign-up to star in a number of projects, not to be tied to a role for a certain amount of years.
    The contracts are not about the actors. That was assumed by people. The actors are the only things that are currently available which is why they are being used right now

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    When Disney bought Fox in 2019 we were supposed to wait till 2022-23. I don't understand why they put out awful movies and tv series of b c d listers and not start the production of their biggest asset X-MEN. We have waited long enough.
    I completely agree.. The genre is feeling more and more redundant. I feel most of the last movies and TV series felt weaker and honestly, cheaper.

I know Kevin Feige knows the huge appeal the X-Men will have as a franchise but I'm afraid the scenario will be too messy when we finally come to the mutants.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-25-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Agreed. They’re diluting the MCU brand with a lot of the cheaply produced crap they’ve put out in Phase 4 and on Disney+, featuring D-listers no one cares about. While just sitting on the X-men. Seems stupid.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

The lowest budget disney plus mcu show show is ms marvel,that's around 155 million dollars.
    Still higher then any past superhero show including the dceu series peacemaker.

Nothing is cheap or cheap looking movie or show in phase 4 even with some of vfx problems.
    They are not going to stop there phase 4 and 5 plans just because they got the movie rights to the x-men back.

Marvel Studios Takes Action Following VFX Work Controversy

Marvel Studios seems to be realizing this strain and has now begun to make an effort to lighten the load, according to IGN's sources. Spreading the love to different graphics studios and artists allows them to focus on more precise scenes and sections of a project, which Marvel appears to be allocating more fairly in a "more logical way "going forward:
    Now, it seems like they’ve kind of split things up in a more logical way… Divvying up the work that way gives people a better chance to succeed. That’s one thing that’s been positive."

Rather than lumping the third act in with a long list of requests as it has done in the past, Marvel Studios is also now reportedly refraining from giving any additional responsibilities to VFX houses already tasked with the hefty load of the third act.
    Marvel Studios Takes Action Following VFX Work Controversy
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...rk-controversy

Here is talk about phase 4 and upcoming phase 5 from some others.
    THREAD: MARVEL PHASE 5 PROBLEM & CRITIQUE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Oversaturation is basically my issue. I feel like I'm mostly over the MCU until the next Spider-Man, FF, or Deadpool flick. Haven't seen Eternals, Thor 4, She-Hulk, or Ms. Marvel yet. Hell, I think I'm probably done with their Disney+ shows period since I found them all mediocre other than Wandavision. Just too much good television out there for me to be wasting my time with Marvel Studio's mediocre efforts on Disney+. I'll check out BP2 in theaters with my lady but the excitement is really gone. Endgame honestly just felt like a conclusion to me and only Spider-Man: NWH got me really excited since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    See what you call oversaturation I call trying to reach new demographics. They made shows like Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Werewolf By Night, and Moon Knight to try and an appeal to not just Marvel fans but people outside that sphere. You can think something is mediocre but that doesn't mean it is to a lot of other people. I have honestly been pretty happy with the Disney+ Marvel shows. Some were better than others, but I have not walked away from any of them thinking "this show was just trash".

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly. Another aspect people seem to miss is that Marvel Studios makes superhero content, exclusively. They don't have the option of branching out beyond that, so they need increase their output if they want to grow as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I recently told someone who was a comic reader who was complaining about not liking most of Phase 4. Well do you read every Marvel Comic?
    It's kind of narcissistic to think a studio would make everything catered to someone. People need to remember not ever comic or comic adaptation will be to their taste and that's ok because it will be to some else's.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Correct. The MCU is growing, just as the comic universe did. The problems some fans are having is coming to the realization that not everything is going to be for them.
    And as far as the idea that the quality had dropped, again, this is revisionist. Phase 1 and 2 had varying degrees of quality. It was only Phase 3 that had hit after hit after hit.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    The quality of the Marvel movies have been criticized since Iron Man. This idea that the quality started off high and has only recently started to fall is some “good old days” nonsense. We were discussing all the same “problems” back then that we are here and now.
    People were calling superhero fatigue after the first Avengers. The movies have always been criticized for vfx, especially the Hulk movies, and abundant use of cgi in general. The writing and plot holes were always coming under fire even in their biggest hits, how did all that time travel stuff with Cap work in Endgame?
    The MCU is incredible but it has always been flawed. If people are only starting to see the cracks now then maybe they are consuming too much and the answer isn’t for Marvel to slow down and stop expanding. The answer is to just take a break and only engage with the parts of the MCU that interest you.
    Is that so hard?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...critique/page6

Oh and some comments about the plot hole excuse.
    Are 'plot holes' an excuse? - The Escapist
    quote-
    I've noticed a trend of late. Whenever someone takes a dislike to a new film, the first point anyone seems to make is 'there were too many plot holes for me to enjoy the film'
    What do you guys think? are new films subject to more plot holes than classic films, or do you think people are just looking to tare things down these days because everyone's a critic?
    quote-
    From what I've seen, most 'plot holes that people find aren't really plot holes. Most of the time the 'plot holes' is really just a case of not paying attention, misunderstanding a key scene or just simply dislike a part of the movie/show/etc.
    So I will have to say that it is a way of trying to tear down a movie. And that is part of the fairly recent issue of people disliking whatever is popular at the moment.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...oles-an-excuse

Certain random youtubers are saying phase 4 is overall disappointment and are a loud minority,and most folks do not agree to that.

To make clear iron man was the start of phase 1 and WandaVision was the start for phase 4. Now iron man was like more then wandvision but WandaVisionhad stronger average ratings. So critics and audiences thought phase 4 started out stronger then phase 1.Anyway phase 4 is viewed to be stronger then phase 1 and on average from both critics and audiences.

Folks who are saying phase 4 is not as good as past phases are a loud minority(on the internet for example) and what they say do not match up with what the scores are on rt for example. In real life most audience think phase 4 is the best phase(tv and movies)looking at the RT SCORES and most critics think phase 3 is best phase so far then phase 4(combination tv shows and movies)is the next best phase LOOKING AT THE RT SCORES.

Now looking at cinemascores for phase 4 some of movies are in B'S so you could say on average it's the least enjoyable phase on average compared to past phases and that could be varied reasons but more folks think phase 4 is the strongest phase so far and it more liked it looking at the rt scores and comparing them to phase 3 and other mcu phases.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in the past.
    There are some updated below too.

No one is telling me that ironman 2,hulk,ironman 3,thor 1 for example are better movies then doctor strange 2,shang -chi,eternals and spiderman no way,moon knight,loki,wandavision etc.. for example.
    For me all phase 4 has been a hit and i am more excited for the phase 4 and beyond then past phases on average.The stories,action,cgi and character development are well done/really good.
    The average person who watch the phase 4 films and shows all phase 4 show and movies have been hits.For them the mcu has not gone downhill as well.
    Anybody saying that in comment sections,forums and anti-sjw channels are living in bubble. That's a fact.
    Even eternals is mostly a hit(hit for audience and half for the critics going by the rt score and average rating)
    Phase 4 for example is rated higher on average by critic and audiences then phase 1 and 2.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some info about phase 4
    Kevin Feige Says Marvel Studios Phase 4 Is About New Beginning
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ke...ew-beginnings/

Kevin Feige Reveals What Marvel's Phase 4 Is Really All About

https://gamerant.com/kevin-feige-marvel-phase-4-theme/

Kevin Feige Says the Post-‘Avengers 4’ MCU May Be a “New Thing”, Not “Phase 4"
    https://collider.com/marvel-phase-4-movies-kevin-feige/

KEVIN FEIGE BREAKS DOWN THE MCU'S PHASE 4 SO FAR: WANDAVISION, FALCON, LOKI, AND BLACK WIDOW
    IN THIS EXCLUSIVE, THE PRESIDENT OF MARVEL STUDIOS REFLECTS ON HOW ENDGAME GAVE US HOPE IN THE PANDEMIC, THE EVOLUTION OF THE MCU ON DISNEY+, AND WHEN WE CAN EXPECT TO SEE KATHRYN HAHN AND FLORENCE PUGH BACK IN THIS UNIVERSE.
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...d-black-widow/
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in the past as well and thea bove.

Folks are who saying the mcu is in decline are the ones i seen so far with a agenda.
    The mcu maybe a decline from phase 3(because phase 3 as made more money )but phase 4 is clearly making more money then phase 1 and 2 and the rt scores are higher. In fact the rt audience scores for phase 4 is higher then phase 3 if carefully take a look at the recent scores. The ones who are saying the mcu is in decline are those in the loud minority on the internet. You know the ones who say star wars is decline and clearly it's not,compared to prequels.It's clear as well that disney star wars has higher scores on average and made more money.
    Anyway the mcu is not in decline and most folks are enjoying phase 4 on average more then phase 1 and 2 and even 3 for example and it's not even over yet. The average rt score agrees and Phase 3 and 4 are the best mcu phases on average so far and phase 4 is not even over.
    Anyway phase 4 is doing way better on average then the dceu post justice league for example.

By the way marvel studios would be putting out 4 movies by now if it was not for the pandemic and i think 4 shows a year too.
    I think they still plan to put out 4 movies and shows a year.
    DC was planning the same thing too for the movies.

For the record i think the mcu is still fine and for me phase 3 and 4 overall are the most exciting and best phases so far.
    Thanks goodness kevin and marvel studios team are not listening to a small minority on how to run thier studio.
    Like i said in the past posts kevin and team keep doing what you are doing.

If there are problems in future they know how to adjust etc...
    They did so doing the pandemic and still doing it.
    If they need to slow down then i guess they will never get the mutants or it will take a longer time because i am way more excited for the avengers/ultimates stuff(blue marvel,america chavez,monica etc..) related stuff then x-men stuff.
    Fox X- men had thier chance so keep that in mind.

Now those wanting mutant mcu projects(movies and shows) then those should be happy that marvel is putting has many projects as they are,because if anything has to to be sacrificed in the mcu from my point of view or is not needed it is x-men/mutants.
    So if you want to the mutants in the mcu faster,then word of advice just be happy you getting projects faster now and alot because from my point of view and most of audience and critics phase 4 and 3 is the best so far.
    note-
    Of course when the mutants do come to the 616 mcu they will be done much better and be way more exciting then the fox-x-men,so i am curious because it will be much different.
    So it's going happen away.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page474

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    When Disney bought Fox in 2019 we were supposed to wait till 2022-23. I don't understand why they put out awful movies and tv series of b c d listers and not start the production of their biggest asset X-MEN. We have waited long enough.
    Lol. No one ever said the movies would come that early.
    Only guessing fans who don’t understand how movies work.

Extraordinary Member

Oh for all this B,C,D,A lister talk etc..
    The only true A lister x-men is the wolverine and deadpool.
    For a individual superhero to be a A lister they have to have thier own ongoing series and be well known to public in other media,movies,shows or both etc..

Here is some talk about who are the A list x-men.

Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...racter-721484/

Now here is another view.

Warmachine was more known the public then black widow because he was in the 90's iron man cartoon.

As for this lister stuff.

A,B,C LIST INTERVIEW,NEW AVENGERS MARVEL
    Hulkling is a super-strong shapeshifter who’s important to not one but two space empires. Wiccan is a reality warper who’s destined to one day rewrite the rules of the universe. Power Man is plugged into the spiritual and cultural energy of all human society. White Tiger is, to all intents and purposes, a prehistoric god of ass-kicking. Pod is the defense system of the planet. Squirrel Girl has taken down some of the world’s greatest villains, usually – as we’ve seen in her own book – by thinking outside the box. And then you’ve got a seasoned, experienced team leader in Songbird – not to mention Hawkeye, who’s not strictly one of Roberto’s picks, but who’s had what it takes since the ‘60s. They’ve all got it, and then some.

For those who feel this team is too “C-list” – it’s fair to warn you going in that the entire concept of “lists” gives me the hives. There’s something slightly desperate and unhealthy about that whole weird superhero class system – it’s like, when did we all become the bullies at hero high school, hanging around the lockers to give D-Man an atomic wedgie? So… we won’t be doing that. Just like in Mighty Avengers, everyone’s an A-lister in this book. Everyone’s an Avenger.
    http://dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/i...=IN10281503065

ECCC: Marvel: Civil War II with Bendis, Marquez and More
    First fan question asked if there were series that may tell the broader story of "Civil War II." Cebulski pointed to the "Civil War II: Choosing Sides" anthology as a place for that kind of story.
    "Just because I write Iron Man, don't assume that Iron Man is going to win," Bendis told a fan. "The point of a story like 'Civil War II' is that both sides are laid out, with no judgement, with equal value, for all of you to argue among yourselves."
    An audience member asked Bendis about "C-list" characters that could be elevated by "Civil War II." "There are no c-list characters, they're all a-list characters in the right hands," Bendis said, pointing to the mainstream popularity of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Rocket Raccoon and Groot.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-marquez-more

Looking forward to Deadpool 3 and Avengers Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars. The rest looks very “meh” like their cheap looking Dis+ shows. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

Oh and to me no phase 4 movie,series etc.. has been bad.
    All are really good to me.
    I think the best phases so far are 3 and 4 of the mcu.