Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Phase 5 -secret invasion,antman 3 does not look cheap to me

Phase 5 has started i think with The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
    Not cheap at all and more trailers will come out like the marvels etc..
    So far like phase 4,phase 5 is not looking cheap to me.
    im pretty sure secret war is THE defining phase 5 picture

secret invasion was supposed 2 b THE phase 5 picture, but brie larson fumbled the ball, so it is now a cheap D+ show instead

Extraordinary Member

The mcu is still doing fine,so spinnng to make it seem phase 4 is a failure is incorrect.

Clearly it's not a failure.
    Phase 4(shows and movies) is doing critic wise and box office wise better on average then the fox-men films,dceu,phase 1 and 2.
    The shows viewership is higher then any of the fox marvel shows.

Folks are loving the latest phase 4 show guardians of the galaxy : holiday special.
    Not cheap at all by the way and looks movie level.
    Critic wise is more on par with phase 3 and doing money wise better then phase 1 and 2.

The mcu could go on for along time without any x-men,so clearly there is angry about that here.
    It's clear as well the mcu does not need to x-men,but since they have them they will include them later WHEN marvel studios is ready.
    They are marvel characters after all.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Every project that comes there is always someone saying the is cgi does not look good in certain scenes.
    In she-hulk andms marvel in certain scenes look better then ever.Still better then anyting in justice league film of 2017.

Anybody still complaining about cgi sound spoiled to me.
    So that's not phase 4 problem.

There are folks complaning about cgi in past mcu shows that was not disney plus,fox marvel shows,dc shows,dc movies,dceu etc..so it's not like this is new news.
    Cgi in phase 4 shows and movies still way better on average then anything in dc and fox marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    im pretty sure secret war is THE defining phase 5 picture

secret invasion was supposed 2 b THE phase 5 picture, but brie larson fumbled the ball, so it is now a cheap D+ show instead
    Brie larson has nothing to do with this and Secret invasion was never going to be movie and armour wars was suppose to be show,now it's movie.
    Secret invasion is not a cheap show.
    A show you have not seen yet.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in mcu thread.
    A thread i go to more then the x forums for clear enough reasons.

No,phase 4 is the least enjoyable on average but not the weakest going by cinemascores and average RT scores.
    So it's a loud minority plus it has more projects then any other phases and it's the most diverse and the most political,so it would get certain channels talking more if you know what i mean.
    Heck certain folks who were not that interested in marvel for example starting talking more about the marvel comics/mcu etc who were from other fandoms like star wars,dc etc.. just to start trouble,click bait etc...
    Phase 4 is overall the strongest for critics and audiences (RT scores) but on average the least enjoyable for audinences(cinemascores )looking at some of the movies of phase 4(thor 4,eternals and doctors strange) that have B cineamscores and not A'S.
    The shows don't have cinemascores so i could only go by rt scores,imdb,metacritic etc..to get a more of a true idea.

I don't go by talk on certain youtube channels etc.. that have an agenda plus most still on youtube are still enjoying phase 4.
    The only way i go by how the average person/casuals like something is RT scores and cinemascores that are verified.

For tv audiences scores on RT AND IMDB for example are not verified so they count less not as legitimate.
    So i will trust the critics more for the ms.marvel series then the audiences,even more so reading reports it was reviewed bombed like she hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, I REALLY liked some of the stuff in Phase Four, so I'm not one of those guys saying the past two years have been a total disaster for Disney Marvel. I don't think the build-up has been done well (like the first three phases were). The new characters have been introduced very POORLY in my opinion (and that has nothing to do with the characters themselves or the actors/actresses playing them).
    Mace11 quote-
    Feige did say things will be different on how they do things in phase 4,more experimental etc..
    Seem like some folks are forgetting this.
    So phase 4 is well done on how they wanted to it go and the build up will be different.
    The build up is not meant to be like the phase 1 and phase 4 is more like phase 1.
    So it's not fair to compare phase 2 and 3 when it comes to build up.
    The early days of mcu tv when it was canon THERE were some folks asking where is the build up?
    It was less build up then the current mcu canon shows,so if you take together when those shows were canon(agents of shield,agent carter,jessica jones etc..)i would say the build up is on par or better then phase 1. overall.

This was posted awhile ago.

Iron man 1 and 2 and hulk did feel like it was leading up to inifinity wars saga.That was later movies in phase 1 and some later movies in phase 2 and phase 3. Plus some of you are not paying attention to what kevin said. Phase 4 will be different then past phases. Anyway it will lead to something but keep in mind phase 4 has more content that other canon phases in marvel. Phase 4 is not even over yet. Some of you guys have no patience.The kang storyline will show up in ant-man 3,and the falcon(now captain america) show storyline will show up in the new captain america movie.

I Just watched MS MARVEL! REACTION!

Chris C quote-
    Feige literally told everyone that phase 4 and onward they would be changing things up, making some things less connected and more niche for different tastes.
    I don't understand why people keep getting mad if they don't like something new they release. The MCU is changing and it's not all one standard style and vibe anymore. I personally enjoy it all, but if someone doesn't that's okay, not everything is going to be for everyone anymore.

Shoaib Hussain quote-
    Yeah you're totally right man... people are just giving it hate for no reason... they're making projects for everyone now not just for one type of audience...now it's for all collective audience...so people need to understand that

Bob The dope man quote-
    The bandwagoners ALWAYS show up to hate popular things. They want to participate because its popular and being talked about. But they want to seem unique or "ahead of the curb" by hating on it.

Cell quote-
    The mcu always had varied tones and vibes(including the non canon mcu shows not made from marvel studios),but now for the canon mcu there is more varied tones and vibes happening in phase 4.
    ________
    Bet Tech quote-
    What I like about the mcu is that there are different genres within it. The best shows/movies are ones that make me experience something I haven't before and marvel does that every time. They're always pushing the superhero envelope by pulling inspiration from other styles of film
    I Reminder what was said because some folks still not getting the memo and this is the point of phase 4.
    Feige literally told everyone that phase 4 and onward they would be changing things up, making some things less connected and more niche for different tastes.

By the way marvel studios would be putting out 4 movies by now if it was not for the pandemic and i think 4 shows a year too.
    I think they still plan to put out 4 movies and shows a year.
    DC was planning the same thing too for the movies.

For the record i think the mcu is still fine and for me phase 3 and 4 overall are the most exciting and best phases so far.
    Thanks goodness kevin and marvel studios team are not listening to a small minority on how to run thier studio.
    Like i said in the past posts kevin and team keep doing what you are doing.

If there are problems in future they know how to adjust etc...
    They did so doing the pandemic and still doing it.
    If they need to slow down then i guess they will never get the mutants or it will take a longer time because i am way more excited for the avengers/ultimates stuff(blue marvel,america chavez,monica etc..) related stuff then x-men stuff.
    Fox X- men had thier chance so keep that in mind.

Now those wanting mutant mcu projects(movies and shows) then those should be happy that marvel is putting has many projects as they are,because if anything has to to be sacrificed in the mcu from my point of view or is not needed it is x-men/mutants.
    So if you want to the mutants in the mcu faster,then word of advice just be happy you getting projects faster now and alot because from my point of view and most of audience and critics phase 4 and 3 is the best so far.
    note-
    Of course when the mutants do come to the 616 mcu they will be done much better and be way more exciting then the fox-x-men,so i am curious because it will be much different.
    So it's going happen away.
    Again if count the past mcu shows then phase 4 i think is just as connected or more so then phase 1.
    If you only count the movies then phase 1 is more connected.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page563

MCU still doing fine critic wise and audience wise.
    In fact critic and audience wise phase 4 is the strongest phase. Now the box office overall is down because of varied reasons the past few years and china etc..but it's still making more money on average then phase 1 and 2 and all thier shows are still major hits.
    The DISNEY PLUS MARVEL MCU shows are doing better then the dc shows on average and liked more on average then dc and past mcu shows if you look at the ratings,including the mcu netflix shows that were made under disney but not marvel studios. Netflix did not make those shows by the way. It was marvel tv under disney.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some more talk about phase 4 and 5 and what is going etc...

THREAD: MARVEL PHASE 5 PROBLEM & CRITIQUE
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...m-amp-critique

Hey mace, I'm not saying you secretly work for Disney. But if you DO just so happen to secretly work for Disney, can you tell them not to touch Hellion? I don't want him in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

How is there marvel fatigue by the way when spiderman no way home made close to a 2 billion dollars.
    Doctor strange 2 made way more the the first one and thor 4 made more dom. then any thor film.
    World wide it did not make more then thor 3 because of china and russia but if those 2 were in the game worldwide it would have made more.

I remember talk of marvel fatigue before phase 4 and 3.
    It always comes up and some of you fall right for it.

Again where is all this marvel fatigue?

There is no marvel fatigue.
    Black panther 2 is over overperforming.

‘Wakanda Forever’ Rallying $61M-$67M, ‘Strange World’ Imploding $19M+, ‘Knives Out 2’ Still Sharp With $12M+ – Thanksgiving Box Office Update
    SATURDAY AM: Even with a Marvel movie overperforming in the marketplace — such as Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which is looking at $61M-$67M for the 5-day — Black Friday, a typical potent day at the box office, came up short of last year, down 12% with $33.7M versus 2021’s $38.3M.
    https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-off...ng-1235180803/

Now there was fox x-men marvel fatigue and dc and dceu fatigue.
    Black adam and dc superpets flopped for example this year.
    No marvel film this year flop except the sony marvel film morbius.
    Morbius is not a mcu marvel film.

Now i would say when the mcu x-men show up it will do better on average box- office wise then the fox-films,but the spiderman/avengers related stuff? nope.
    More folks(casual/general audiences) just happen to be more into the avengers related stuff(that would include spiderman and ms marvel and namor) then the x-men related stuff.
    The past box office and current one speaks for itself.
    Those are the facts.

The DISNEY PLUS SHOWS by the way are liked more on average then past mcu shows looking at scores and they do not look cheap and are not cheap.
    They are movie level SHOWS.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This too was posted somewhere else(mcu thread) and this will be my last post here and then i am gone.
    I remember when some folks said phase 1 or phase 2 was the last phase for them or after certain movies in those phases the mcu was over for them but phase 3 was bigger and better on average the phase 1 and 2.
    Of course i see this type of talk more so after endgame from certain type of youtube channels and their comment sections and from a few on certain forums but marvel mcu is still doing really well.
    The longer something goes on and expands like comics, cinematic universes etc there will always be this type of talk.
    Heck i remember when avengers age of ultron and the first guardians of the galaxy came out i had a friend who did not like any of those 2 movies and he said to me they were bad and that was back in phase 2.
    He was saying to me something is wrong with folks if anybody liked those two movies and the gogt is for kids under 13 or i think he said 12 etc..
    Of course i disagree with him.
    Those movies are for kids and adults and they are really good movies.
    Anyway he was only excited about the marvel tv shows that were out at the time after that and did not care about ant-man that was coming out and was not looking forward to future mcu movies anymore and that was before phase 3.
    So i heard/read all about these types of disillusionments from a few before.
    Nothing new to me.
    I told my friend i was more excited then ever for phase 3 and beyond by the way.
    Note- we don't talk anymore,but there other reasons for that too i will not go into here.

My quick thoughts for doctor strange 2 and phase 4 so far.
    Really good film/story,really good action and well done cgi for doctor strange 2.
    For me Phase 4 movies and shows have been really good and all have had well done cgi.
    I don't think the cgi has gotten worse by the way.
    By the way when i mean phase 4 that includes canon tv shows as well.
    So far phase 4 has been better on average then the past phases of marvel like phase 1 and 2 for example and it's not over yet.
    Now phase 4 is over.
    The Guardians of the galaxy holiday special is the last project in phase 4
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page579

Some more info on phase 4
    Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four
    In late June 2022, Feige indicated that Phase Four was nearing its conclusion, stating audiences would begin to see where the next saga of the MCU would be heading, and that there had been many clues in the phase to what that would be. He said Marvel Studios would be a "little more direct" on their future plans in the following months to provide audiences with "the bigger picture [so they] can see a tiny, tiny bit more of the roadmap".

At Marvel Studios' San Diego Comic-Con panel in July, Feige announced that Wakanda Forever would conclude Phase Four, with other films and Disney+ series believed to be part of the phase moving to Phase Five and Phase Six. He also announced that Phase Four would be the first phase, along with Phases Five and Six, of The Multiverse Saga.

Feige stated that many of the projects in Phases Four and Five, and their post-credit teases, would connect and lead towards the conclusion of The Multiverse Saga, while some would remain standalone. James Gunn, the writer and director of the Guardians of the Galaxy films, said that The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special was the epilogue of Phase Four. At the 2022 D23 Expo, Marvel confirmed the Halloween special as Werewolf by Night. At that time, Werewolf by Night and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special were revealed to be marketed as "Marvel Studios Special Presentations".

Accolades
    The films of the phase have been nominated for two Academy Awards, twelve MTV Movie & TV Awards (winning three), and nine Visual Effects Society Awards (winning one), among others. The television series' of the phase have been nominated for 14 Critics' Choice Super Awards (winning four), three Golden Reel Awards,twelve MTV Movie & TV Awards (winning eight),and 10 Visual Effects Society Awards (winning one),among others.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Until the Bill the Lobster series is announced what are we even talking about anyway?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    The first Namor mcu is also 2026, I guess all mutants stuff start that yr, except for deadpool 3 of course, which will be earlier.

Can you wait that long?

Will the public be sick of supe stuff by then?
    Superhero flix will probably still be the only blockbusters people will see in theaters at that point, so at least Disney will fund the expensive production. The superhero genre might be even more stale by then (or maybe just the MCU). Disney has started to introduce "darker" themed, more adult, fare through Disney+. There is no way the X-Men stories could perform in the current chaste MCU. Still, watching chiseled model in a wig and tights stressing is ridiculous on some level, and the current spate of Marvel movies is making it more and more obvious with each bad release.

I do think Disney will use the X-Men to freshen up the MCU, no matter how successful it is at that point, so at least there's that $$$.

I don’t mind that they’re taking their time to bring the X-men. It’s better than rushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The budgets might not be cheap, but the projects sure look cheap. She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel in particular had some garbage CGI.

Most folks haven’t liked Phase 4. Too many crap characters. Everyone is ready to move to Phase 6 already. That seems to be the general consensus.
    I don’t think Ms Marvel or She-Hulk looked cheap, but the writing for both seemed underdeveloped, like there wasn’t enough effort put into the plots. They were both ok, but they could have been a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hey mace, I'm not saying you secretly work for Disney. But if you DO just so happen to secretly work for Disney, can you tell them not to touch Hellion? I don't want him in the MCU.
    To add to this, mace, can you ask Feige and your other bosses at Disney what’s up with Josh Brolin’s Cable? They clearly enjoyed working with him as Thanos. So are they gonna bring him back for Deadpool 3 or what? Appreciate it, bud.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Still, watching chiseled model in a wig and tights stressing is ridiculous on some level, and the current spate of Marvel movies is making it more and more obvious with each bad release.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I do think Disney will use the X-Men to freshen up the MCU, no matter how successful it is at that point, so at least there's that $$$.
    Well, back in 2019 Kevin Feige did say that they were going to do the X-Men "quite different than what’s been done before."

So unless that's changed, expect different. Quite different. How different? That's the question.

My guess is Disney will use the X-Men as a soft reboot of the MCU. It will probably need it by that point.

And the X-Men is probably 2027. Or late 2026 at best, but I would look towards 2027 as more probable.

Why is this thread still going? It's fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Nat Moore says that a Namor movie isn't happening due to rights issues.

https://www.thewrap.com/wakanda-fore...marvel-rights/