Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

I've been watching the series on HBO Max lately. I just made it to the modern times.

Lynda Carter is perfect as Wonder Woman. I love everything about her, and I see why she was so iconic in the role.

I also like Lyle Waggoner as Steve Trevor.

Diana Prince is always dressed so elegantly. I miss the flair 70's television had.

The theme song and opening credits are wonderful.

Some dislikes:

The show is a product of the times as I don't think the fight choreography is particularly exciting. I did find the first modern episode to have better choreography.

I don't like that the modern episode effectively needed another pilot.

The villains and scenarios are mostly forgettable, but I do really like Gloria Marquez in this first modern episode.

Incredible Member

I'm still watching the show, and I have to say I find the modern-day episodes tremendously more enjoyable than the WWII episodes.

1. I like the relationship between Steve Jr. and Diana so much more. Steve Jr. treats Diana like an equal and seems to genuinely respect her. He often asks her opinion, lets her use her polyglot skills, and often uses her as a thought and brainstorming partner. He also seems to genuinely care about her well-being. I thought Steve Senior seemed to care a lot about Wonder Woman and not so much about Diana. Steve Jr. is the opposite.

2. Diana Prince seems genuinely smart. I also love the fashion for her and Steve. I've seen people on here complain that there isn't as much Wonder Woman on the modern show, and I'm okay with that. I find Diana Prince just as interesting a character. I like that she seems like more of a sleuth and she and Steve are going on more Indiana Jones-like adventures.

3. The modern seasons feel a lot like Wonder Woman 1984. I really didn't care much for the WWII seasons as I find them kinda boring, but these feel like 1984. I also like that these seasons are at least attempting to give Wonder Woman some varied and interesting antagonists.

Most of the costume
    The spin. It's daft, but it's cool.

Dislikes
    The horrible padded nappy bottoms
    90% of the fight scenes consisting of Diana just throwing bad guys into nearby hedges/boxes/water.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The Wonder spin transformation.
    Andros
    The Skrill
    Zardor
    The IADC
    Diana Prince’s chic 70s fashion.
    The Diana Prince identity.
    Gault (I love a brain in a jar villain and this one had an eyestalk to boot!)

Dislikes
    Lackluster villains and no classic Wonder Woman foes… but that’s the 70s for you.

I'm just going to be lazy and say I agree with everything you've said, Scott, ..because I do. I know you must be tired of this. Merry Christmas. LOL

Gault is certainly one of the weirdest super-villains ever, ..in the comic or TV show.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-27-2022 at 03:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!