Default John Stewart vs Sue Storm

John has his pre and post-Flashpoint feats. Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not really seeing Sue operating at the planetary level, and John at the least comes equipped with Autoshields. So...no quickdraw for John to worry about, quickdraw possible for John to kill Sue before she gets shields up, and if she does manage to get them up, John should be able to win based on raw power. And versatility, given he can do all kinds of stuff that Sue simply can't (including amping his speed to be able to do all kinds of stuff waaaaay faster than she's working).

10/10 for John, here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Do Sue's shields block transmutation? Do John's shields stop an invisible force field being opened inside his head? If they can both bypass each other's shields, it could be a quickdraw even with John's autoshields. I have no idea if they can though.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I think that Sue would need feats of actually opening up force fields inside of other people's force fields.

Also, Lantern autoshields block more than just 'force', as I recall. Hopefully Captain Morgan or someone in the know will come in to explain, but I understand they also protect against gravity, radiation, all kinds of things. I'm having a hard time seeing Sue opening up a bubble in John's head unless she has a few feats for bypassing other people's force fields (not just threatening Doom, for example).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The craziest auto shield feat is actually Stewart's. The ring automatically protects both John and J'onn (who is 50 kilometers away) from a series of blasts which culminates in a sun exploding.

https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/05/...lew-up-xanshi/

That feat is arguably SMvsFL, but other more moderate feats include a suicidal Hal Jordan taking a point blank nuclear exposion. In both examples, the ring shields from all of the assorted radiation. The ring has also done stuff like prevent Lanterns from dying by getting gutted by Sinestro or having their neck snapped by Parallax. And the rings are constantly providing breathable atmosphere, nutrients, and so forth to their slingers. In general, the rings seem to actively monitor both internal conditions and external threats to the bearer. So I don't think Sue can just bypass them.