Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Apparently DC wants the 10 Leaguers who "died" in Dark Crisis to semi-retire and not be part of the team but that still leaves quite a few prominent heroes(that aren't scheduled to be a part of another team) that could easily pull-off a Justice League until the aforementioned heroes decide to come back:

Apache Chief
    Atom(Ray or Ryan)
    Black Lightning
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo)
    Firestorm
    Green Lantern(Jessica or Kyle)
    John Constantine
    Nubia
    Shazam
    Steel(John)
    Vixen
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Also, depending on how the new JSA roster shakes out, Hawkman, Hawkwoman(Shayera), Mr. Terrific, & Power Girl could be contenders for the Justice League too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    A Justice League Unlimited League like the animated series.
    With a central roster ?

Personally, i would like to see a lineup very different from the Big Seven, but i don't think it will happening.

I would see the team who "died" in Justice League #75, apart Black Adam and Green Arrow :
    - Superman (Clark)
    - Wonder Woman
    - Batman
    - Green Lantern (Hal or John)
    - Flash (Barry)
    - Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    - Hawkgirl
    - Martian Manhunter
    - Zatanna
    - Black Canary

Maybe we will have some change (Like Black Canary who will gone to search Green Arrow, or Batman who gone if we following the event of chip zdarsky run on Batman). But i don't saw the team fundamentally change. Also i don't saw the role of the JL if the Titans become the central team of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority might not agree, but I wouldn't mind the return of the team from...

The Obsidian Age

Slight digression: Why DID Johns kill off Major Disaster in the pages of Infinite Crisis? Did he consider MD too far gone into anti-heroism to figure out a way to turn him back into a villain?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The majority might not agree, but I wouldn't mind the return of the team from...

The Obsidian Age

I really enjoyed Nightwing's substitute Justice League in the Obsidian Age. I wish this was the lineup for the Outsiders we got instead of Judd Winnick's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Slight digression: Why DID Johns kill off Major Disaster in the pages of Infinite Crisis? Did he consider MD too far gone into anti-heroism to figure out a way to turn him back into a villain?
    Dunno, TBH. But if he's no longer among the living, then I wouldn't mind replacing him with someone from...

SHAZAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I really enjoyed Nightwing's substitute Justice League in the Obsidian Age. I wish this was the lineup for the Outsiders we got instead of Judd Winnick's team.
    Agreed. Nightwing proving he can be a leader at any level (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-28-2022 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Vixen
    Green Arrow
    Zatanna
    Starfire
    Guardian
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I’d want the iconic League back. As much as I think the Titans should be prominent heroes, it doesn’t work that happens only because the League is not around or not in full force.
    So in my head canon, each team would get distinct but important mission statements.
    - League: using the Watchtower as a base, to monitor global scale threats and respond accordingly.
    - Titans: based on Titans tower (or multiple Titans towers), responding to distress calls from civilians around the world. A more down to Earth approach to superheroics than the League can afford to have with their busy solo careers.
    - Justice Society: keeping the legacy of superheroes alive and using their knowledge of history to chart a better path towards the future.

When it comes to the League, I’d probably do something similar to Morrison’s pantheon idea and have 12 rotating members. But I wouldn’t worry about direct references to each god, they should just be heroes at the top of their respective games.

JUSTICE LEAGUE:
    - Martian Manhunter (leader)
    - Superman
    - Batman
    - Wonder Woman
    - Hawkgirl (Kendra)
    - Aquaman
    - Green Arrow
    - Black Canary
    - Vixen
    - Doctor Light (Hoshi)
    - Atom (Ryan Choi)
    - Zatanna - setting up the return of Shadowpact with her as leader.

Barry would be having multiversal adventures, but would help from time to time.
    Hal, John and Jess would alternate as the GL whenever needed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They can use Apache Chief but DC will have to change the name lol.

Dunno, TBH. But if he's no longer among the living, then I wouldn't mind replacing him with someone from...

SHAZAM!

Agreed. Nightwing proving he can be a leader at any level (IMHO):

What was the full listing for the substitute JLA?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What was the full listing for the substitute JLA?
    Green Arrow
    the Atom
    Firestorm
    Faith
    Hawkgirl
    Jason Blood
    Major Disaster

with Captain Marvel (SHAZAM) offered membership but he declined.

Nightwing led the team.

The only thing that I didn't like about the team was that it was personally chosen by Batman as one of his contingency plans with him picking Nightwing as the leader.
    I would have preferred either Nightwing gather the team himself, or they come together in a more organic less -"Batman always has a plan" kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    So similar to the thread posted about the Titans, at present we don't have a Justice League title, but odd are within the next 6 months or less we will. So question is, who would you want on the team?

For me, I'd have Superman, Wonder Woman, I'd have either Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz as the Green Lantern with any of the previous GL's in the League showing up to help out from time to time... I'd have Wally West as the Flash (I got into comics when he became the Flash, so I prefer him to Barry). I'd have Nightwing, I know he's done temporary stints both as Nightwing and as Batman, but time for him to step up. Martian Manhunter without saying.

Not sure who else I would have, maybe, a rotating guest cast in addition to the regulars
    ^^^I'd go with...:

SUPERMAN
    Because, Superman!

ARSENAL
    Supes is going to take Roy under his wing.

GLORIOUS GODFREY
    WHY is this guy on the League? Oh, there's a reason all right.

DR. Multiverse
    She's the new hero on the block.

NAOMI
    This is her second time on the team.

VIXEN
    Look for her to take charge when Supes isn't around.

THE PHANTOM STRANGER
    It's about time he took a turn as an official member.

I'd have this line up stay together for 12-15 issues and an annual then minus Superman go on to do their own thing before the Big Seven start coming back in.

I would try to do things a little differently. I would pull from characters that are well known enough, or have ties to bigger franchises that don’t have their own solo books:

Martian Manhunter
    Kyle Rayner
    Donna Troy
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Firestorm
    Connor Hawke

Incredible Member

Old, New and Borrowed:
    Nightwing
    Donna
    Tempest
    Cyborg
    Supergirl
    Blue Beetle
    Atom

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Elongated Man
    Arsenal
    The Ray
    Troia
    Atom (Ryan)
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Elongated Man
    Arsenal
    The Ray
    Troia
    Atom (Ryan)
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    I’d go with that, on understanding that one or two extra faces were drafted in for particular adventures, “Brave and Bold” style.