Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    I would try to do things a little differently. I would pull from characters that are well known enough, or have ties to bigger franchises that don’t have their own solo books:

Martian Manhunter
    Kyle Rayner
    Donna Troy
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Firestorm
    Connor Hawke
    I can see this working.
    But you know, I would like to see a league than represented the union of the whole DC universe, similar to what is was seen at the beginning of the JLI era, when characters from previously different earths (Cap. Marvel, Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Mr. Miracle), along with new characters (Dr. Light, later Booster Gold), revamped ones (Guy Gardner) and a few classics (Batman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary) joined in one team, giving to the whole a sense of unity, than those characters were part of DC.

Under that perspective I would built a league with charactes from the different editorials acquired by DC than could join the team. In fact, several of them already are part of the DC landscape:

For the classics:
    Martian Manhunter (Because he is a pilar of the JLA).
    Green Lantern (John Stewart, the tv face)
    Zatanna (you need someone who knows about magic)

And the rest of the team:
    Mr. Majestic (from Wildstorm, as the plan is them being integrated more. And it will the wild card of the team.)
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, Charlton, and also with a lot of league history.)
    Bulleteer (she is not properly from Fawcett, but she is based in the Fawcett character Bullet Man. You just had to make the ties between them stronger.)
    The Ray (from Quality, also a legacy character)
    Jay Garrick (All American, earth-2; Leave her daughter in the JSA as his replacement)

And a new character, who could serve as the rookie point of view.

Other later members would also represent different aspects from the DCU: Cyborg (Titans graduate), Sandman (Garreth Sandford, because I want a Kirby character in), Booster Gold (cos obviously you can't have Blue without Gold and a time traveler is a requirement for any good superteam) and so. I later would had added one character from Vertigo and one from Milestone, but those I think right now are off limits.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-29-2022 at 11:37 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    A Justice League Unlimited League like the animated series.
    Exactly what I want too. It's shocking that DC has still never tried this in a JLA comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I'd go with...:

SUPERMAN
    Because, Superman!

ARSENAL
    Supes is going to take Roy under his wing.

GLORIOUS GODFREY
    WHY is this guy on the League? Oh, there's a reason all right.

DR. Multiverse
    She's the new hero on the block.

NAOMI
    This is her second time on the team.

VIXEN
    Look for her to take charge when Supes isn't around.

THE PHANTOM STRANGER
    It's about time he took a turn as an official member.

I'd have this line up stay together for 12-15 issues and an annual then minus Superman go on to do their own thing before the Big Seven start coming back in.
    I'm intrigued with idea of Phantom Stranger as regular member of Justice League. But in other end I also like air of mystery around him so I guess he only on crucial time or time to time to give some cryptic suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Elongated Man
    ^^^YES!
    I’d love to see Ralph (and Sue) become mainstays on the team. They bring such a unique dynamic/skill/powerset to the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I'm intrigued with idea of Phantom Stranger as regular member of Justice League. But in other end I also like air of mystery around him so I guess he only on crucial time or time to time to give some cryptic suggestions
    ^^^Ty, and that’s how I see him too, really; popping up from out of the shadows at the HQ (reminiscent of some Batman JL depictions) spooking ppl, dropping knowledge, giving warnings. In the field he’d be a somewhat frustrating wildcard, as it’s hard to plan around a guy whose whereabouts you never 100% sure of.

I’d love a scene where some of the characters are watching a movie at HQ and as the scene pulls back the Stranger’s standing right behind them unnoticed, until he actually comments on what’s playing. Cue wide eyes and flying popcorn.

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Nightwing
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman
    Plastic Man
    Kyle Rayner
    Blue Beetle
    Booster Gold
    Black Lightning
    Swampthing

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I love both of these line-ups. Too bad they didn't last long. But I've always prefered a mixed line-up rather than an All-Star one. They are always better to develop charactarization. If I were given the writing chores of the Justice League (yeah, dream on), I'd go with something like this:

The Justice League disbands. Personal problems and responsibilities force the mainstays of the League to take some time off from the team. However, nature abhors a vacuum, and whatever may come to fill the vacuum left by something as powerful as the Justice League could be very dangerous, such as Black Adam’s Extreme Justice (Black Adam, Giganta, Peacemaker, Circe, Clayface, the Creeper, Killer Frost, Templar, etc…). Noticing this, the Martian Manhunter manages to convince Batman that it is necessary for there to be a Justice League, and the two go on to reunite a team worthy of the name.

• Batman – Despite insisting that J’onn should lead the team, especially seeing as he may not always be around, Batman's inability of letting someone else call the shots is evident. Alongside the Manhunter he recruits a team of newbies and experienced heroes that can serve as backbone of a new, more full-time League. Master detective, strategist, tactician and martial artist.
    • The Martian Manhunter – J’onn is the backbone of the team, and not only physically, as one of its powerhouses. He is a mentor for the newbies and a trusted friend for the veterans. J’onn possesses a vast array of powers, from shape-changing and super-human strength to telepathy and a multitude of Martian senses. He can also fly, become invisible and alter his body’s own density.
    • Mera, Queen of Atlantis – Answering the call, when her husband couldn’t, Mera’s hydrokinetics and vast underwater strength are of great value to the team. Mera is also an accomplished fighter, especially when she wields the hard water trident she is capable of manifesting, and constantly carries around with her.
    • Hawkman – As a man who has total recall of thousands of years of reincarnations, Carter Hall is an enemy to be feared. Now imbued with the power of the Thangarian Hawk-God, and the Nth Metal mixed with his own blood, Carter is even more powerful, adding enhanced-strength, impressive healing capabilities and the ability to manifest large wings and fly to his millenniums of combat experience and other skills such as advanced alien scientific knowledge, a vast know-how of human anatomy, for medical purposes or for torture, first-hand expertise on all-kinds of habits and traditions of an enormous number of different cultures, etc… Though in battle, Carter Hall is capable of barbaric savagery, he is also a masterful tactical and strategic thinker. Hawkman employs with great skill a multitude of medieval weapons and is a good stand in for Diana as the League’s most formidable warrior.
    • The Atom – Ray Palmer is the last member of the new League’s “old guard”. Although not a speedster, like Barry, Ray is the master of his own field of action, which makes him equally invaluable for advance recon and infiltration. The fact that he is one of the world’s top physicists is a welcome plus. On top of that, though he is reluctant in using this power, for it causes him great discomfort, Ray can not only shrink to subatomic sizes, but grow to towering proportions, which adds to the muscle power the team can bring to bear.
    • Supergirl – If you’re looking for a replacement for the Man of Steel, look no further than the Maid of Might. However, her youth and rebel streak may make Kara Zor-El a less dependable teammate to work with. Opposite to J’onn J’onzz, Kara with her natural Kryptonian abilities, such as super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, super-senses, flight and heat vision, is one half of the duo of biggest physical powerhouses of the team.
    • Firestorm – Jason Rusch now controls the Firestorm matrix, and the Atom takes him under his wing to coach him to best use his abilities. It is not clear if Ronnie Raymond remains part of the Firestorm matrix. In his own way, with his transmutational powers, Firestorm is as versatile and as useful for the team as Cyborg was. (It is later found out that Ronnie is in a coma, and he only comes out of it whenever the Firestorm persona manifests. Though, as his body remains in a hospital bed, Ronnie is the less active part of the matrix.)
    • Dr. Light – Kymio Hoshi, the widow of the late Dr. Light that was killed by Superman during the events of the Trinity War, joins the new team. The powers of her late husband, manipulation of the light spectrum to various effects and degrees, which she accidently managed to give herself make her a good stand-in for Green Lantern. However, with a serious chip on her shoulder, the arrogant and short-tempered Kymio is a disruptive presence in the team. Alongside the Atom, J’onn J’onzz, and even Hawkman, Kymio is part of the League’s impressive thinktank.
    • Faith - The wild card. Faith was brought into the team by the Batman, and no one knows much about her. Her range of psionic abilities are impressive. High-end telecknetics, telepathy and empathy. While Faith seems incapable of fine-tuning her powers, such as moving an egg from one end of a table to the other, if you need someone to tear apart a mountain with the power of her mind, she is your girl. At the same time, Faith is not as accomplished a telepath as the Martian Manhunter, probably the most powerful telepath on Earth. She can’t, say, read thoughts, but her empathy allows her to feel impressions coming from people, which help her identify, among other things, when someone is lying (although, unlike J’onn, she won’t know what the person is lying about). However, combined with her empathy, her telepathic abilities allow her to calm a whole multitude of panicked people, or instill the fear of death in them, or even render them unconscious. She also projects a feel-good aura that makes people feel comfortable with her, trust her, like her. Her powers also allow her to instinctively resist psionic attack. It is later found out that Faith was in reality a prisoner traded by a drug cartel in Colombia to an American Black Ops site where she was experimented on with cells obtained from Captain Comet, a man one hundred thousand years ahead in the evolutionary scale. Among the dozens of guinea pigs, Faith was the only known survivor, and though she didn’t evolve as much physically nor intellectually as Adam Blake, the treatment awakened in her psychic abilities that rivaled, and ofttimes even dwarfed, his own. Her former employers invested too much in her creation, and didn’t take well the termination of her services to them, so Faith finds a safe-heaven in the League, as well as powerful protectors, if needed be.

The other mainstays of the team, such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern John Stewart, Cyborg and the Flash, will occasionally come and go, joining the team when their own personal lives allow it, but there will always be a powerful group of Leaguers active to deal with whatever threat comes forward. The team will have to deal with the New Deities, a team of creatures of supposed divine origin brought together by Dr. Impossible, a delusional foot soldier of Darkseid’s army claiming to be Mister-Miracle’s brother, who steals Chair, a symbiotic AI which was a discarded attempt by Darksied and Dessad to recreate the Moebius Chair, deemed, even by them, too dangerous a project. Chair helps Dr. Impossible assemble and empower Hunter, Neon Black, the rogue Amazon Mistress Mercy, a mentally impaired host for Chair and High Mother, a minor Apokoliptean deity with strong emotional ties with Dr. Impossible, who is risen to a new status with her entropic energy wielding staff. Neron will set his sights on the new JLA, freeing agents with connections with the team from the bowls of Hell, such as Wrath, General Proteus, The Sea King, Dr. Light, Kimyo’s deceased husband, that apparently was not such a good guy as she believed, will take the name of Master Light, Temperance, one of the causalities of the project that gave Faith her powers, a fanatic in the use of her mental powers to “curb vices”, and others. Dr. Destiny traps the new team in a nightmare world, which forces some of the previous team to come to their rescue. And that's just a taste of what's to come.
    I haven't been following much current DC, so I basically picked the characters in a state that I could work with them.

Peace

1. Nightwing
    2. Wally
    3. Mr. T
    4. Firestorm
    5. Hawkgirl
    6. Zatarra
    7. Kyle (PUKE, I hate him but he fits here)
    8. Donna Troy
    9. Superboy (Jon)

After the events of Dark Crisis, the current team realizes they need to step back and let the next generation take over. They will come in as needed but will stay away and focus on their lives. The world sees this and the usual JLA villians try to take down the new JL and finally come together with a new Legion of Doom. And we go from there...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 11-30-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I love both of these line-ups. Too bad they didn't last long. But I've always prefered a mixed line-up rather than an All-Star one. They are always better to develop charactarization.

Peace
    ^^^Gotta agree w. you on this.
    Those two line ups are personal favorites. They were, well, very Avenger-ish, which juxtaposes really well w. The League.

If I were given the writing chores of the Justice League (yeah, dream on), I'd go with something like this:

The Justice League disbands. Personal problems and responsibilities force the mainstays of the League to take some time off from the team. However, nature abhors a vacuum, and whatever may come to fill the vacuum left by something as powerful as the Justice League could be very dangerous, such as Black Adam’s Extreme Justice (Black Adam, Giganta, Peacemaker, Circe, Clayface, the Creeper, Killer Frost, Templar, etc…). Noticing this, the Martian Manhunter manages to convince Batman that it is necessary for there to be a Justice League, and the two go on to reunite a team worthy of the name.

• Batman – Despite insisting that J’onn should lead the team, especially seeing as he may not always be around, Batman's inability of letting someone else call the shots is evident. Alongside the Manhunter he recruits a team of newbies and experienced heroes that can serve as backbone of a new, more full-time League. Master detective, strategist, tactician and martial artist.
    • The Martian Manhunter – J’onn is the backbone of the team, and not only physically, as one of its powerhouses. He is a mentor for the newbies and a trusted friend for the veterans. J’onn possesses a vast array of powers, from shape-changing and super-human strength to telepathy and a multitude of Martian senses. He can also fly, become invisible and alter his body’s own density.
    • Mera, Queen of Atlantis – Answering the call, when her husband couldn’t, Mera’s hydrokinetics and vast underwater strength are of great value to the team. Mera is also an accomplished fighter, especially when she wields the hard water trident she is capable of manifesting, and constantly carries around with her.
    • Hawkman – As a man who has total recall of thousands of years of reincarnations, Carter Hall is an enemy to be feared. Now imbued with the power of the Thangarian Hawk-God, and the Nth Metal mixed with his own blood, Carter is even more powerful, adding enhanced-strength, impressive healing capabilities and the ability to manifest large wings and fly to his millenniums of combat experience and other skills such as advanced alien scientific knowledge, a vast know-how of human anatomy, for medical purposes or for torture, first-hand expertise on all-kinds of habits and traditions of an enormous number of different cultures, etc… Though in battle, Carter Hall is capable of barbaric savagery, he is also a masterful tactical and strategic thinker. Hawkman employs with great skill a multitude of medieval weapons and is a good stand in for Diana as the League’s most formidable warrior.
    • The Atom – Ray Palmer is the last member of the new League’s “old guard”. Although not a speedster, like Barry, Ray is the master of his own field of action, which makes him equally invaluable for advance recon and infiltration. The fact that he is one of the world’s top physicists is a welcome plus. On top of that, though he is reluctant in using this power, for it causes him great discomfort, Ray can not only shrink to subatomic sizes, but grow to towering proportions, which adds to the muscle power the team can bring to bear.
    • Supergirl – If you’re looking for a replacement for the Man of Steel, look no further than the Maid of Might. However, her youth and rebel streak may make Kara Zor-El a less dependable teammate to work with. Opposite to J’onn J’onzz, Kara with her natural Kryptonian abilities, such as super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, super-senses, flight and heat vision, is one half of the duo of biggest physical powerhouses of the team.
    • Firestorm – Jason Rusch now controls the Firestorm matrix, and the Atom takes him under his wing to coach him to best use his abilities. It is not clear if Ronnie Raymond remains part of the Firestorm matrix. In his own way, with his transmutational powers, Firestorm is as versatile and as useful for the team as Cyborg was. (It is later found out that Ronnie is in a coma, and he only comes out of it whenever the Firestorm persona manifests. Though, as his body remains in a hospital bed, Ronnie is the less active part of the matrix.)
    • Dr. Light – Kymio Hoshi, the widow of the late Dr. Light that was killed by Superman during the events of the Trinity War, joins the new team. The powers of her late husband, manipulation of the light spectrum to various effects and degrees, which she accidently managed to give herself make her a good stand-in for Green Lantern. However, with a serious chip on her shoulder, the arrogant and short-tempered Kymio is a disruptive presence in the team. Alongside the Atom, J’onn J’onzz, and even Hawkman, Kymio is part of the League’s impressive thinktank.
    • Faith - The wild card. Faith was brought into the team by the Batman, and no one knows much about her. Her range of psionic abilities are impressive. High-end telecknetics, telepathy and empathy. While Faith seems incapable of fine-tuning her powers, such as moving an egg from one end of a table to the other, if you need someone to tear apart a mountain with the power of her mind, she is your girl. At the same time, Faith is not as accomplished a telepath as the Martian Manhunter, probably the most powerful telepath on Earth. She can’t, say, read thoughts, but her empathy allows her to feel impressions coming from people, which help her identify, among other things, when someone is lying (although, unlike J’onn, she won’t know what the person is lying about). However, combined with her empathy, her telepathic abilities allow her to calm a whole multitude of panicked people, or instill the fear of death in them, or even render them unconscious. She also projects a feel-good aura that makes people feel comfortable with her, trust her, like her. Her powers also allow her to instinctively resist psionic attack. It is later found out that Faith was in reality a prisoner traded by a drug cartel in Colombia to an American Black Ops site where she was experimented on with cells obtained from Captain Comet, a man one hundred thousand years ahead in the evolutionary scale. Among the dozens of guinea pigs, Faith was the only known survivor, and though she didn’t evolve as much physically nor intellectually as Adam Blake, the treatment awakened in her psychic abilities that rivaled, and ofttimes even dwarfed, his own. Her former employers invested too much in her creation, and didn’t take well the termination of her services to them, so Faith finds a safe-heaven in the League, as well as powerful protectors, if needed be.

The other mainstays of the team, such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern John Stewart, Cyborg and the Flash, will occasionally come and go, joining the team when their own personal lives allow it, but there will always be a powerful group of Leaguers active to deal with whatever threat comes forward. The team will have to deal with the New Deities, a team of creatures of supposed divine origin brought together by Dr. Impossible, a delusional foot soldier of Darkseid’s army claiming to be Mister-Miracle’s brother, who steals Chair, a symbiotic AI which was a discarded attempt by Darksied and Dessad to recreate the Moebius Chair, deemed, even by them, too dangerous a project. Chair helps Dr. Impossible assemble and empower Hunter, Neon Black, the rogue Amazon Mistress Mercy, a mentally impaired host for Chair and High Mother, a minor Apokoliptean deity with strong emotional ties with Dr. Impossible, who is risen to a new status with her entropic energy wielding staff. Neron will set his sights on the new JLA, freeing agents with connections with the team from the bowls of Hell, such as Wrath, General Proteus, The Sea King, Dr. Light, Kimyo’s deceased husband, that apparently was not such a good guy as she believed, will take the name of Master Light, Temperance, one of the causalities of the project that gave Faith her powers, a fanatic in the use of her mental powers to “curb vices”, and others. Dr. Destiny traps the new team in a nightmare world, which forces some of the previous team to come to their rescue. And that's just a taste of what's to come.
    I haven't been following much current DC, so I basically picked the characters in a state that I could work with them.

Peace
    ^^^Also, fantastic team building, as per always!

^^^^ Thanks.

The Robinson League was one that had a lot of trouble with editorial interference. At first, he got free reign with an alternate book, where he could introduce some new members (Congorilla, Starman, Batwoman, Shazam, etc...), then he was parachuted into the main book. Had I been in Robinson's shoes, I wouldn't have brought in new members, I'd have worked with the ones I had, plus a couple more.

Circa Justice League of America #31
    Options for new team.

• Black Canary – Dinah Lance. Team leader. A veteran and experienced super-hero, Dinah resented quite a bit the meddling of the “Big Three” in her leadership as well as Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen’s attempt at forming their own League, and is quite satisfied to have more free-reign, even with a smaller and less battletested team. Martial arts expert with a steel-shattering sonic scream.
    • Green Lantern – John Stewart. 2nd in Command. His military experience comes in quite handy in helping put this neotype team into shape. A loyal and trustworthy teammate, John Stewart wields one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, controlled by his sharp mind of an architect.
    • Zatanna – Zatanna Zatara. Mistress of Magic. Power to be reckoned with. She failed the League once, she won’t fail again.
    • Vixen – Mari McCabe. Animal powers. An important player in a team with less physical power than usual.
    • Firestorm – Jason Rusch/Gehenna Hewitt. The Nuclear Man. The rookie in the major leagues. Atomic manipulation. One of the World’s most powerful metas. This time around, Black Canary is with Firestorm and other veteran Leaguers in the Hall of Justice, and Dinah manages to keep Jason and Gen alive long enough for the rest of the team to join them. As such, this version of Firestorm survives the Blackest Night, and it’s a Ronnie Raymond fused with Martin Stein who is brought back by the White Lantern.
    • Dr. Light – Dr. Kimiyo Hosi. Scientific genius, and mistress of light. With her ability to generate and manipulate light waves, Kimiyo is extremely powerful, and, as a world-renown physicist, the scientific mind of the team. Not the easiest person to work with, though.
    • Plastic Man – Eel O’Brian. Malleable ex-con. Eel brings a lot of versatility and humor to the team with his amazing shape-shifting abilities. With the help of Henry Irons and Dr. Light, manages to overcome a bit more easily the effects of Prometheus’ weapons on his malleable form, and is soon fit for duty again.
    • Red Tornado – John Smith. Android body housing a storm elemental. After having his body overhauled by Dr. John Henry Irons, alongside Dr. Will Magus and Dr. Niles Caulder, with newer technologies and tougher materials (Promethium, omnium steel, etc…), Tornado becomes the muscle of the new team. His endurance and resistance to physical damage greatly enhanced, Reddy also enjoys a much greater physical strength, and in conjunction with his ability of generating high speed winds, it can be even more devastating, giving him the “tornado punch” technique. His own elemental powers now strengthen and empower his body instead of deteriorating it, and that is topped with a state-of-the-art nanobotic self-repair system. Also possesses enhanced senses and a powerful cybernetic brain, vastly effective in pinpointing where the “tornado punch” can be most effective.
    • The Guardian – Jim Harper, or, more precisely, the clone of the World War II Homefront hero, is the embodiment of the pinnacle of human perfection armed with an indestructible shield. For the last few years, the Guardian has been the security chief of Project Cadmus, and he was satisfied with that. However, recruited to the League by Dr. Light, the Guardian discovers that he was missing out on not having a life outside of the project. At the same time representing new blood and the perspective of an outsider, Jim more often than not sees things differently than the League’s current leaders, Black Canary and Green Lantern, and is having a hard time in being a good team-player.

A tight unit, which, though at first sight a bit shy on muscle power (Tornado with his revamped android body and Vixen’s channeling of animals’ powers being the greatest contributors in this department), is extremely heavy in the versatility and firepower departments. However, former members, such as Steel, Zauriel, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Faith and others, will come and go as necessary.

Peace

I’d go big and do it Justice League Unlimited style. It’s fun to put together different combinations of characters and see what happens and develops.

Superman (Kal)
    Wonder Woman (Diana)
    Flash (Barry)
    Green Lantern (all of them)
    Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman (Arthur)
    Batman
    Robin (Damian)
    Nubia
    Mera
    Hawkwoman (Shayera)
    Hawkman (Katar)
    Green Arrow (Ollie)
    Black Canary
    Zatanna
    Catwoman
    Doctor Light (Kimiyo)
    Plastic Man
    Firestorm
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Steel
    Onyx
    Fire
    Ice
    Extraño
    Ya’Wara
    Owlwoman
    Tomorrow Woman
    Firehawk
    Katana
    Star Sapphire
    Shazam (Billy)
    Shazam (Mary)
    Metamorpho
    The Bride
    Rocket
    Icon
    Triumph
    Ghost Fox Killer
    El Dorado
    Longshadow
    Aztek
    Zauriel
    The Wonder Twins

Astonishing Member

For kicks, a Justice League that's literally a dark version of the Silver Age League, that truly believe in Justice but are all killers, kind of like the Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts concept, and hold it together for quite a while before the cracks start showing.

1. Bad Superman: General Zod, a Kryptonian zealot with a messiah complex.
    2. Bad Batman: The Wrath, whose anti-authoritarian views make him the rogue.
    3. Bad Wonder Woman: Medusa, a woman scorned, who gets a nice "Wonder Woman" style makeover. We might find out that in ages past she was villified by the patriarchy precisely because she was a powerful, heroic woman.
    4. Bad Aquaman: Pomoxis, under-utilized and mostly forgotten, he's basically Aquaman's first "costumed enemy counterpart" with identical powers, has only been used like twice, and aside from "not liking Aquaman", "knave" or "not a good guy" are the only personality so he's mostly a blank slate.
    5. Bad Flash: Savitar, a speed force "true believer".
    6. Bad Green Lantern: Charlie Vickers. His willpower is all an act, but somehow is still working; he's "bluffing" a GLC Ring.
    7. Bad Martian Manhunter: It's been done before, but like, Jemm, Son of Saturn. Or some Silver Age Martian that has no connection to "J'onn J'onzz Martian Lore."
    Last edited by K. Jones; 11-30-2022 at 12:13 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why did they stop using Doctor Hoshi as Doctor Light?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why did they stop using Doctor Hoshi as Doctor Light?
    She is still being used. She appeared and had a big role in the last Dark Crisis one shot Dark Army special.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Since the team will more than likely end up being the big 7 plus a couple others (because DC has zero imagination these days) I would like to see Martian Manhunter set up a new training Task Force like team. A team for heroes to old for the Titans. A team to handle the lower level threats like the Royal Flush Gang and such. DIfferent League members could join in on missions as needed.

Firehawk
    Skyrocket
    Roy Harper
    Bombshell
    Bunker
    GeoForce

^^^^ Thanks.

The Robinson League was one that had a lot of trouble with editorial interference. At first, he got free reign with an alternate book, where he could introduce some new members (Congorilla, Starman, Batwoman, Shazam, etc...), then he was parachuted into the main book. Had I been in Robinson's shoes, I wouldn't have brought in new members, I'd have worked with the ones I had, plus a couple more.

Circa Justice League of America #31
    Options for new team.

• Black Canary – Dinah Lance. Team leader. A veteran and experienced super-hero, Dinah resented quite a bit the meddling of the “Big Three” in her leadership as well as Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen’s attempt at forming their own League, and is quite satisfied to have more free-reign, even with a smaller and less battletested team. Martial arts expert with a steel-shattering sonic scream.
    • Green Lantern – John Stewart. 2nd in Command. His military experience comes in quite handy in helping put this neotype team into shape. A loyal and trustworthy teammate, John Stewart wields one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, controlled by his sharp mind of an architect.
    • Zatanna – Zatanna Zatara. Mistress of Magic. Power to be reckoned with. She failed the League once, she won’t fail again.
    • Vixen – Mari McCabe. Animal powers. An important player in a team with less physical power than usual.
    • Firestorm – Jason Rusch/Gehenna Hewitt. The Nuclear Man. The rookie in the major leagues. Atomic manipulation. One of the World’s most powerful metas. This time around, Black Canary is with Firestorm and other veteran Leaguers in the Hall of Justice, and Dinah manages to keep Jason and Gen alive long enough for the rest of the team to join them. As such, this version of Firestorm survives the Blackest Night, and it’s a Ronnie Raymond fused with Martin Stein who is brought back by the White Lantern.
    • Dr. Light – Dr. Kimiyo Hosi. Scientific genius, and mistress of light. With her ability to generate and manipulate light waves, Kimiyo is extremely powerful, and, as a world-renown physicist, the scientific mind of the team. Not the easiest person to work with, though.
    • Plastic Man – Eel O’Brian. Malleable ex-con. Eel brings a lot of versatility and humor to the team with his amazing shape-shifting abilities. With the help of Henry Irons and Dr. Light, manages to overcome a bit more easily the effects of Prometheus’ weapons on his malleable form, and is soon fit for duty again.
    • Red Tornado – John Smith. Android body housing a storm elemental. After having his body overhauled by Dr. John Henry Irons, alongside Dr. Will Magus and Dr. Niles Caulder, with newer technologies and tougher materials (Promethium, omnium steel, etc…), Tornado becomes the muscle of the new team. His endurance and resistance to physical damage greatly enhanced, Reddy also enjoys a much greater physical strength, and in conjunction with his ability of generating high speed winds, it can be even more devastating, giving him the “tornado punch” technique. His own elemental powers now strengthen and empower his body instead of deteriorating it, and that is topped with a state-of-the-art nanobotic self-repair system. Also possesses enhanced senses and a powerful cybernetic brain, vastly effective in pinpointing where the “tornado punch” can be most effective.
    • The Guardian – Jim Harper, or, more precisely, the clone of the World War II Homefront hero, is the embodiment of the pinnacle of human perfection armed with an indestructible shield. For the last few years, the Guardian has been the security chief of Project Cadmus, and he was satisfied with that. However, recruited to the League by Dr. Light, the Guardian discovers that he was missing out on not having a life outside of the project. At the same time representing new blood and the perspective of an outsider, Jim more often than not sees things differently than the League’s current leaders, Black Canary and Green Lantern, and is having a hard time in being a good team-player.

A tight unit, which, though at first sight a bit shy on muscle power (Tornado with his revamped android body and Vixen’s channeling of animals’ powers being the greatest contributors in this department), is extremely heavy in the versatility and firepower departments. However, former members, such as Steel, Zauriel, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Faith and others, will come and go as necessary.

Peace
    ^^^A fine line up; one that has to work for the win, not just steamroll it’s opponents. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Since the team will more than likely end up being the big 7 plus a couple others (because DC has zero imagination these days) I would like to see Martian Manhunter set up a new training Task Force like team. A team for heroes to old for the Titans. A team to handle the lower level threats like the Royal Flush Gang and such. DIfferent League members could join in on missions as needed.

Firehawk
    Skyrocket
    Roy Harper
    Bombshell
    Bunker
    GeoForce
    ^^^Clever concept! I need to stea- er, borrow that.