Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I was extremely impressed by the JL lineup post-Crisis. A combination of Earth One and Two heroes with Kirby's New Gods, Charlton and Fawcett heroes, and new heroes like Dr. Light. It was the updated of the greatest DC had to offer from the much larger toybox. The same should happen after this series of Crises ends and multiversal and chronological problems settle down. Throw some Milestone in there, some mystical stuff as well as old school superheroes. Justice League should be a sign of how big DC is.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, that was the line-up I mention in my previous post.

IMHO, it had tons of potential.

Peace
    No wonder I have sense of dejavu when writing that xd. Agree I hope we could see them together again in any medias

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I was extremely impressed by the JL lineup post-Crisis. A combination of Earth One and Two heroes with Kirby's New Gods, Charlton and Fawcett heroes, and new heroes like Dr. Light. It was the updated of the greatest DC had to offer from the much larger toybox. The same should happen after this series of Crises ends and multiversal and chronological problems settle down. Throw some Milestone in there, some mystical stuff as well as old school superheroes. Justice League should be a sign of how big DC is.
    I have thought the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I can see this working.
    But you know, I would like to see a league than represented the union of the whole DC universe, similar to what is was seen at the beginning of the JLI era, when characters from previously different earths (Cap. Marvel, Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Mr. Miracle), along with new characters (Dr. Light, later Booster Gold), revamped ones (Guy Gardner) and a few classics (Batman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary) joined in one team, giving to the whole a sense of unity, than those characters were part of DC.

Under that perspective I would built a league with charactes from the different editorials acquired by DC than could join the team. In fact, several of them already are part of the DC landscape:

For the classics:
    Martian Manhunter (Because he is a pilar of the JLA).
    Green Lantern (John Stewart, the tv face)
    Zatanna (you need someone who knows about magic)

And the rest of the team:
    Mr. Majestic (from Wildstorm, as the plan is them being integrated more. And it will the wild card of the team.)
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, Charlton, and also with a lot of league history.)
    Bulleteer (she is not properly from Fawcett, but she is based in the Fawcett character Bullet Man. You just had to make the ties between them stronger.)
    The Ray (from Quality, also a legacy character)
    Jay Garrick (All American, earth-2; Leave her daughter in the JSA as his replacement)

And a new character, who could serve as the rookie point of view.

Other later members would also represent different aspects from the DCU: Cyborg (Titans graduate), Sandman (Garreth Sandford, because I want a Kirby character in), Booster Gold (cos obviously you can't have Blue without Gold and a time traveler is a requirement for any good superteam) and so. I later would had added one character from Vertigo and one from Milestone, but those I think right now are off limits.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    So similar to the thread posted about the Titans, at present we don't have a Justice League title, but odd are within the next 6 months or less we will. So question is, who would you want on the team?

For me, I'd have Superman, Wonder Woman, I'd have either Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz as the Green Lantern with any of the previous GL's in the League showing up to help out from time to time... I'd have Wally West as the Flash (I got into comics when he became the Flash, so I prefer him to Barry). I'd have Nightwing, I know he's done temporary stints both as Nightwing and as Batman, but time for him to step up. Martian Manhunter without saying.

Not sure who else I would have, maybe, a rotating guest cast in addition to the regulars
    ^^^This article…

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nigh...eague-in-2023/

…reminded me of your thread.
    A Nightwing led team’s been done before, but the idea still intrigues me.