Default I honestly would like an event that isn't a major multiversal Crisis for once

Okay I know it's just a title but something that is constantly bothering me is how DC does a Crisis to retcon something and it's always something with the multiverse. I feel like the multiverse is overdone and boring at this point. I'm sure they've done something like this before, but I'd like an event similar to Secret Invasion with the focus being on Martian Manhunter. Like it's discovered young heroes have been replaced by green martians and that the Martians have been plotting to slowly take over Earth for generations meddling with major events and insinuating themselves into various groups and organizations. I like the idea of Green Martians returning because they in current continuity are extinct except for J'onn and his brother so I like the idea of his people returning and him being torn about what side to be on.

The next crisis for sure can't be another multiversal or time related event. That aspect is very tired. Events are tired. But if we must have some of thm, it would be nice not to be again a rerun of Infinite earths collapsing again rewriting history.
    However there must be more stories than again coping with what Marvel is doing right now. But it is a nice idea to had that new event/crisis to be born of another character as the Martian Manhunter and not from another iteration of Batman.
    At least, even if is Batman originated, Lazarus Planet seems not to be a multiversal crisis at least.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I always figured that's just what crossovers are for?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Do one with Music Meister, like in the Flash/Supergirl crossover, but the whole main Earth is stuck a musical, where they must embrace being music stars and perform for their fans.

That's right, I want a more light-hearted crossover where the "big bad", isn't actually bad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Do one with Music Meister, like in the Flash/Supergirl crossover, but the whole main Earth is stuck a musical, where they must embrace being music stars and perform for their fans.
    That... would probably work better in a medium with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The next crisis for sure can't be another multiversal or time related event. That aspect is very tired. Events are tired. But if we must have some of thm, it would be nice not to be again a rerun of Infinite earths collapsing again rewriting history.
    However there must be more stories than again coping with what Marvel is doing right now. But it is a nice idea to had that new event/crisis to be born of another character as the Martian Manhunter and not from another iteration of Batman.
    At least, even if is Batman originated, Lazarus Planet seems not to be a multiversal crisis at least.
    Maybe something where worldwide earthquakes and start and Lazarus water begins spilling out all over the world raising up all sorts of old villains. Essentially ending with new pits forming and for the League of Assassins to get completely wiped out by the end of the event like all their strongholds get decimated and Ra's falls into a pit while alive and dies horribly from the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I agree completely.

Boisterously Confused

Preach!

I'd love something like Ras al Ghul and Lex Luthor each deciding the other will eventually constitue a meance to their goals that can no longer be tolerated, and the rest of DC's criminal community a) forced to choose sides, b) scheming to exploit the mess to supplant both sides' leader, or c) frantically trying to avoid the whole thing. The fun part would be watching the heroes getting manipulated into serving one sides ends or the others, and getting furious at being played.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A telepathic war has never been done in DC.
    J’onn could be a major player.

Incredible Member

I rather see more Multiversal Exploration than cosmic resets. Sure, have occasional team-ups between universes, but nothing worth a cosmic reset.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I disagree. But I also hate musicals.

(Could be fun if the comics came with a QR code linking to a Spotify playlist with the songs for the story, though)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I agree I'd also love to see non Multiverse events... and I'm not tired of them at all... I like Dark Crisis... but yes I'd love to see more character based crisis or crisis's that aren't threarening the timeline or Multiverse.

What I would really love is a crisis event that was about various heroes personal lives and relationships based crisis's. I really feel like our heroes are always masked up and Id love to see more unmasked, day to day stuff. Crisis worth work, love, friendships, etc. Of course our heroes would still mask up but just an event that really tried to be different would be fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I agree completely.
    You're not wrong. But say, an animated film?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I would definitely want to see a crossover event that wasn't so vast in scale. Going to that well too often makes it shallow. But it doesn't have to be silly either. A skilled writer should be able to take a smaller-scale threat or problem and make it seem like the most important thing in the world. Saving one life, helping one village, solving a mystery, trying to accomplish some feat, etc.