Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I have no idea what this is about, but....
    Power Comics Inc. has some kind of Joe announcement on March 1st...

Attachment 129780
    I don't know power comics but that looks promising
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member

Here's a company that calls itself Power Comics, Inc. I don't know if it's the same but I hope not because it looks like they just publish digital comics. Or comic, since I've only been able to find one of their comics for sale here.

Extraordinary Member

I would not be surprised if this is just hyping a homage cover for their Kickstarter.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would not be surprised if this is just hyping a homage cover for their Kickstarter.
    Comments on their FB page lean towards reprint/trade talk with these posts.
    While I would LOVE for the Complete Collection to continue on, I am not sure how the rights would go for this company to do the reprints and not single issues.

Incidentally, Larry Hama's cancelled an upcoming appearance due to family and health reasons, so I hope everything's going ok for him.

Yeah...they definitely are NOT the new holders of the Joe licence.
    They used the Joe reference to tie it to a new comic, Super Joe, that's been drawn by Bob Hall, who did the cover to issue #4.

And all I can think of is that clip from an early Simpson's episode...LOL!

Probably not much to get excited about but Larry Hama posted on his FB page about doing some upcoming promo.
    "Looks like I will be going to Sandy Ego to some promo. Will update when I get the details."

Again, kind of vague, but it could be Joe-related.

And during the hub-bub with the announcement of the Rom omnibus by Marvel, rumblings were that G.I. Joe was next. Turned out it was Micronauts, but someone had asked him about it and he flat-out denied Marvel secretly had it.
    "Already firmly lodged at another publisher. I'm writing #304 currently."

There's keeping things secretly under lock and key, and burying it deep underground with a shovel.
    Right now, I'm looking for a shovel.

Astonishing Member

How trippy would it be if DC had the Joe license again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    How trippy would it be if DC had the Joe license again.
    GI Joe and Transformers are going to Image.

And that issue is coming out next week.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/excl...void-rivals-1/

Comic book retailers kept the secret. After all, they had ordered over 100,000 copies for some reason. But then the Diamond Comics Distributors shipment landed in certain select stores in the USA today. And Bleeding Cool got the proof we were waiting on. That the Transformers and GI Joe will be making their debut appearance together for Image Comics and Skybound Entertainment in Void Rivals #1, out next week. And this will begin a new Skybound comic book license with Hasbro for Transformers and GI Joe. This comes just as the new film Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' ending implies "there is more to come in the form of worldbuilding" for the franchise, as Kaitlyn Booth notes in her review of the film.

Saw that news when I woke up the other day.
    Kinda underwhelming. All this time gone by, no hype, all speculation, and it felt casually announced.
    As long as they do justice to the old material (I hope they reprint it) and do justice to the new stuff going forward (I'm biased, I'm Hama-only written material), I'll be happy.

Astonishing Member

And all the Joe fans that order/receive their comics through online shops just got screwed.

Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk
    Yeah...they definitely are NOT the new holders of the Joe licence.
    They used the Joe reference to tie it to a new comic, Super Joe, that's been drawn by Bob Hall, who did the cover to issue #4.

Interestingly this is G.I. Joe. After G.I. Joe Adventure team ended because the Vietnam War made war figures not popular in the early 70s and the 80s G.I. Joe team had not arrived - This was G.I. Joe. This was my inrto to G.I. Joe but it had been renamed Super Joe. It did not last but maybe 3 or 4 years. Bulletman was a big favorite of mine from the Adventure Team but he was never moved to Super Joe. You might have seen the characters Bulletman, Mike Power Atomic Man and I forget his name but the caveman villain in the Snake Eyes Deadgame mini-series

The continuation of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero has been officially announced. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

That's great, happy for Larry there. And the return of that one character is something.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    That's great, happy for Larry there. And the return of that one character is something.
    I am happy but a year later it is a bit meh that I can't even find this in my online order form
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Has any other book ever gone back and forth from so many diffrent publishers with so much down time?

GI Joe a real american hero launched in June of 1982 and was canceled by Marvel in December of 1994 with issue #155 due to low sales
    IDW also revived the original G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero continuity, as an ongoing series in 2010, with a special #155½ issue released on Free Comic Book Day. Following with issue #156 onwards in July 2010 with every issue in the series written by Larry Hama, this lasted until December 2022, concluding with issue 300.
    The series is set to resume once again with issue #301 under new license holder Skybound Entertainment in November 2023