Default Robocop in Predator 2

Alex Murphy gets transplanted into the plot of Predator 2 and takes the place of Harrigan, the main character. How does he handle the challenges of the Predator in this plot?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I mean I only watched a bit of it, and it was a long time ago, but I remember the Pred in Predator 2 as having the most garbage cloaking device I'd ever seen. Like the amount of visual distortion it was giving off would have made the monster way MORE noticeable if anyone looked up than their default armor. The Predator would have been more cloaked to just put on an actual cloak and walk on the ground pretending to be an 8 foot tall human.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

Robocop is also very noticeable and clomps around quite slowly. Assuming the Predator feels like it is a worthy goal to hunt him, he is getting a plasma bolt through the face in the opening scene when he is saving the cops from the drug dealers. Even if Murphy sees the Predator, his standard equipment probably isn't hurting it too bad. The yautja are quite tough.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Robocop is also very noticeable and clomps around quite slowly. Assuming the Predator feels like it is a worthy goal to hunt him, he is getting a plasma bolt through the face in the opening scene when he is saving the cops from the drug dealers
    While this is true the Predator also doesn't hunt that way in this movie. It spent a long time stalking Harrigan and letting him do police work iirc
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Predator - he's faster with better edged weapons if it goes H2H. Robo has a handgun and it probably isn't a guaranteed stopper unless he hoses Predator. The plasma weapon will take Robo easily.

Robo has an exposed mouth and chin which gives entry to his brain and spinal cord. Big weakness.

Which Robocop are we talking about? I know that in one of those Death Battles, Murphy had insane tank and was strong AF.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    While this is true the Predator also doesn't hunt that way in this movie. It spent a long time stalking Harrigan and letting him do police work iirc
    His opponent wasn't a walking tank in the movie either. He also had no problem killing Scorpio, King Willie, Keyes, Danny, or the subway gang members as soon as he saw them. If we assume we are just swapping RoboCop in where Harrigan is introduced, anything goes from there and (being a scenario) they just act in character. My two cents, at least.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 11-30-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Isn’t Murphy’s chin and face actually only there for looks? Like it’s synthetic or something IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Irrc, the skin is real, but it is stretched over metal.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Isn’t Murphy’s chin and face actually only there for looks? Like it’s synthetic or something IIRC.
    Something like that - he has his ex-partner touch the skin and it's artificial or cold or something. It's been a loooonnnng time since I've seen it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Something like that - he has his ex-partner touch the skin and it's artificial or cold or something. It's been a loooonnnng time since I've seen it.
    It was his wife, actually. And the original creator did confirm that the skin is actually real, they just stretched it over his metal exoskeleton (which is honestly fucked up).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It was his wife, actually. And the original creator did confirm that the skin is actually real, they just stretched it over his metal exoskeleton (which is honestly fucked up).
    Damn, I didn't know that.

That's all kinds of messed up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    2014!Robocop is probably different from this(in terms of his facial skin doesn't stretched over his metal exoskeleton)?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    His opponent wasn't a walking tank in the movie either. He also had no problem killing Scorpio, King Willie, Keyes, Danny, or the subway gang members as soon as he saw them. If we assume we are just swapping RoboCop in where Harrigan is introduced, anything goes from there and (being a scenario) they just act in character. My two cents, at least.
    I'd imagine Murphy would still butt heads with Gary Busey regardless of his directives - their organization was with the federal government, not OCP after all - but it might not be as easy to stop Robocop or bring him into the fold as it was for Harrigan...by which I mean, a car crash wouldn't stop Robocop quite as completely, and they'd likely ignore or work around him.

It's possible that the Predator just massacres the agents in the warehouse and gets away with it, off-planet, in this scenario as well.

The second Predator was also a bit of a coward. Given Murphy's survived anti-tank rifle shots, it's possible the plasma caster won't frag him right away, and once he returns fire the Pred will likely start booking it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Which Robocop are we talking about? I know that in one of those Death Battles, Murphy had insane tank and was strong AF.
    That Death Battle was when they defaulted to composites. So they gave Murphy feats from the TV shows