Astonishing Member

Default Would Disney allow McFarlane Toys to do Marvel Superhero Action Figures?

McFarlane Toys has produce some interesting figures with highly detailed accuracy. Could you imagine McFarlane doing the same for Marvel Superheroes?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It would depend on whether Disney is willing to do business with McFarlane or not but if a deal was struck then yeah, I could see it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, with a few exceptions (Bane, animated Cyborg, the current Super Powers line with the exception of Batman Who Laughs), I'm really not a fan of most of McFarlane's DC action figure output. The movie figures, especially, have a hard time capturing the likenesses of their female characters, whereas ML doesn't seem to have that problem.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

We need a marvel legends action figure thread in the marvel forum.

I don’t see it happening honestly. And I don’t think I’d want to. His DC figs are so hit and miss, and we could expect A LOT of Spider-Man and Wolverine (even more than at hasbro, and at the cost of other figs). His sculpts based on actors would be a major step down imo (and no cool haslab figures like sentinel and Galactus)

Maybe someday, but honestly I can’t imagine his figures are the type Disney see with the Marvel brand

They already do Disney ones, so why not?

https://smile.amazon.com/stores/page...5&ref_=ast_bln

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They already do Disney ones, so why not?

https://smile.amazon.com/stores/page...5&ref_=ast_bln
    Didn’t realise he had another Disney license

Still don’t see it as a fit for Marvel though, especially with how quickly Hasbro have been able to churn out Marvel Legends. I’d be surprised if Hasbro let the licence go, and I’d be surprised if they’d let the same producer of DC figs do Marvel figs too (maybe when the DC licence lapses)

On a personal level as well, I think Mcfarlane are a lot better at producing figures for things that aren’t supposed to come off as human-like. I think the majority of their DC figs haven’t looked particularly good, and imo they should stick to doing creatures/highly stylised concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Didn’t realise he had another Disney license

Still don’t see it as a fit for Marvel though, especially with how quickly Hasbro have been able to churn out Marvel Legends. I’d be surprised if Hasbro let the licence go, and I’d be surprised if they’d let the same producer of DC figs do Marvel figs too (maybe when the DC licence lapses)

On a personal level as well, I think Mcfarlane are a lot better at producing figures for things that aren’t supposed to come off as human-like. I think the majority of their DC figs haven’t looked particularly good, and imo they should stick to doing creatures/highly stylised concepts.

I get sick of seeing the same bodies all the time, but I'd rather that than lose face-printing, and now pinless bodies, among other perks, like a wide array of characters that hits all sectors of the MU. McFarlane likes repeating the popular characters to a ridiculous degree, and we're only just starting to see a sliver of variety and the tiniest bit of depth to the line.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Agreed 100%. With the exception of Bane and the TT Cyborg, very few of the figs in the main Multiverse line do much of anything for me, which is probably explains why I stick to the Super Powers and the Batman '66 lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I get sick of seeing the same bodies all the time, but I'd rather that than lose face-printing, and now pinless bodies, among other perks, like a wide array of characters that hits all sectors of the MU. McFarlane likes repeating the popular characters to a ridiculous degree, and we're only just starting to see a sliver of variety and the tiniest bit of depth to the line.
    A light breeze could've knocked me over when I found out they were doing an entirely straightforward Blue & Gold 2 pack without even the slightest bit of grimdark edge he likes to add to most of his figures.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 11-28-2022 at 11:40 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.