Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Whovian. Welcome back!

A.X.E. Judgement Day is a great show of Jean Grey's talents, personality and power! If you love Jean, you will enjoy the story.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marauders vol 1, Hellions, X-Men, Immortal X-Men.

Hellfire Gala, Inferno vol 2
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh yes Sabretooth and the Exiles is great so far. You might want to pick up his first mini to see how things developed to where they are now.
    Yeah I forgot to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Cyclops is my favorite X character, and I love Jean, Rogue, Kurt, Emma and Magneto too. I do like super-heroics, so I'll try X-Men. Thanks!

Cool

Sounds like I need to check out Hellions

I loved HOX/POX. Thought it was brilliant. Thank you for the info. Appreciate it
    Definitely.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would definitely check out S.W.O.R.D. and its follow-up, X-Men Red. Ewing's worldbuilding of Arakko is great and the concepts he plays around with have really added a lot to the overall X-Men mythos.
    Cool, thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would definitely check out S.W.O.R.D. and its follow-up, X-Men Red. Ewing's worldbuilding of Arakko is great and the concepts he plays around with have really added a lot to the overall X-Men mythos.
    Yeah, will definitely check it out. Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Whovian. Welcome back!

A.X.E. Judgement Day is a great show of Jean Grey's talents, personality and power! If you love Jean, you will enjoy the story.
    Thanks Phoenixx9! I just bought these a couple weeks ago but I haven't read them yet because (and I may be wrong) there's still one more issue to come out and then I'll read them all at once. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Marauders vol 1, Hellions, X-Men, Immortal X-Men.

Hellfire Gala, Inferno vol 2
    I'll check these out. Everyone seems to love Hellions. Thanks

So the titles are broken down in years? Also, I just looked into buying the trades and it looks like the trades are collecting a few issues of each title. Are they all that woven together that you have to read them like that?
    Sorry busy day. Yes since HOX/POX they have given each year a different title, like next year has been titled Fall of X. Also made it easier for me to parse out a list of what books I enjoyed during which year. Hope you enjoy! There has been some good stories (and events) over the last three years!

I'll check these out. Everyone seems to love Hellions. Thanks
    One of the real strength of Hellions(well, outside of that it was very well written with solid art...) was that it was sort of "Walled Off..." from the wider "HOX/POX..." continuity.

Take the initial "X-Men..." series that follows HOX/POX.

A lot of that story went(roughly...)

X-Men/X Of Swords/S.W.O.R.D./X-Men Red. With a lot of the "Scott/Jean..." component branching of at the Hellfire Gala and then into the "MKII..." X-Men title.

For the most part, Hellions got the chance to tell it's story and finish it inside of the title. Just a bit of it comes out of that title and into the "Sabertooth..." corner of what has come out since Hellions wrapped. You can just read it on it's own, and have pretty much the whole of that particular story.

One book not being mentioned enough in here is Vita Ayala's New Mutants run (Issue #14-30 -- 29 is a fill-in writer but feels like part of the run)!

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Sorry busy day. Yes since HOX/POX they have given each year a different title, like next year has been titled Fall of X. Also made it easier for me to parse out a list of what books I enjoyed during which year. Hope you enjoy! There has been some good stories (and events) over the last three years!
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One of the real strength of Hellions(well, outside of that it was very well written with solid art...) was that it was sort of "Walled Off..." from the wider "HOX/POX..." continuity.

Take the initial "X-Men..." series that follows HOX/POX.

A lot of that story went(roughly...)

X-Men/X Of Swords/S.W.O.R.D./X-Men Red. With a lot of the "Scott/Jean..." component branching of at the Hellfire Gala and then into the "MKII..." X-Men title.

For the most part, Hellions got the chance to tell it's story and finish it inside of the title. Just a bit of it comes out of that title and into the "Sabertooth..." corner of what has come out since Hellions wrapped. You can just read it on it's own, and have pretty much the whole of that particular story.
    I'm going to have to check Hellions out. Are Scott and Jean just in X-Men then?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    One book not being mentioned enough in here is Vita Ayala's New Mutants run (Issue #14-30 -- 29 is a fill-in writer but feels like part of the run)!
    Okay, I'll check it out