Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Krakoa Era feels like a waste of potential

i feel like Marvel is missing a lot of potential with just the idea of
    1.all the mutants across the world now share the same language, We have people with all types of skills and fighting style now could join together and form a team.
    2.The Resurrect ability is great but we have characters like Selena and Fixx which could be backup agent if the 5 die.
    3. i want to see some people stories of them coming back to life, specially if they were killed during one of the major mutant massacres.
    4. We should see more group build up in Krakoa, if people from around the world are not just going to follow the silent counsel, we should get a rebellion with a group called the loud counsel
    5. If Scarlet witch created a mutant heaven to find the mutant souls throughout time, could we just gotten a young Anya Eisenhardt. Magneto's daughter.
    6. Wolverine with his kids "House Howlett "
    7. Where is? Game master, Astra, Cerebro Xavier, Hazard and Gideon.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i feel like Marvel is missing a lot of potential with just the idea of
    1.all the mutants across the world now share the same language, We have people with all types of skills and fighting style now could join together and form a team.
    2.The Resurrect ability is great but we have characters like Selena and Fixx which could be backup agent if the 5 die.
    3. i want to see some people stories of them coming back to life, specially if they were killed during one of the major mutant massacres.
    4. We should see more group build up in Krakoa, if people from around the world are not just going to follow the silent counsel, we should get a rebellion with a group called the loud counsel
    5. If Scarlet witch created a mutant heaven to find the mutant souls throughout time, could we just gotten a young Anya Eisenhardt. Magneto's daughter.
    6. Wolverine with his kids "House Howlett "
    1. It's been adressed in many books (X-factor, New Mutants, Sword, etc.). It's mostly background now, but they have established it's happening. As for the international thing, this is still a US comic book so they will focus on that, obviously.
    2. The possibility of back-ups for the Five and Omegas have been hinted a lot.
    3. We've also had some stories about that, in Way of X, X-men Red, Marauders, Hellions...
    4. There will probably be a rebellion in Fall of X. But honestly if someone says "come live in paradise and you'll be safer than anywhere else, even with the constant attacks. Let's us lead while you dance and have sex !" I would probably not revolt.
    5. It's not been adressed indeed. I feel it's very tangential though.
    6. We kinda had that once or twice. And I honestly don't want a book about ONE house. But it could be a fun new Immortal series, to watch the various houses interact.
    7. I'm more interested in Emplate, tbh. But yeah with many villlains avalaible, we had to wait a lot even for Selene so I'm not holding my breath for other D to Z Listers. Who knows, Orlando is bringing Brimstone Love back so...

Fantastic Member

2. IMHO the easiest way to speed-up resurrections is to add Madrox to the Five. With him around Hope can create hundreds duplicates of herself each with the power of one of the other five, so instead of just one team, there would be dozens teams working simultaneously.

3. The lack of impact from resurrections is the biggest problem of the current books to me. Pretty much every resurrected character can have a story about their reaction, reaction of their friends and family, or enemies. Even with Destiny, who plays a big role now, her resurrection barely has any reaction. Rogue has only one short interaction with her, and she didn't meet at all with Blindfold, her supposed descendant. It is even worse for other characters, like Skin. He and Synch were resurrected together, but apart from that one scene Skin wasn't seen ever since, and there were no interaction between them and the rest of the Generation X. Same goes for the Academy X generation. So many of them died, some due to actions of Icarus, but there were no reaction from them, or from him. IIRC he committed suicide, is he now ok with being alive? Are all of his peers forgiven him? Or they hate him? And what about Wither. He was in love with Wallflower, Mercury loved him, Selene used him and turned him into a killer and eventually he was killed by Elixir. Entire mini-series could be written just about his tragic life and resurrection. So many potential stories and wasted opportunities.

4. I don't see why anyone would want to rebel. Even the biggest villains - Selene and Cassandra Nova - are quite content with living on Krakoa.

5. It has been revealed in X-Men Red what Magneto wanted to do it, but turned out Anya was not a mutant and can't be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post

4. I don't see why anyone would want to rebel. Even the biggest villains - Selene and Cassandra Nova - are quite content with living on Krakoa.
    Selene did get bored and tried to destroy them. She's now dead and way back down the ressurection list.

Gideon is currently part of a door. No-one seems in a hurry to do anything about that haha.

I do think some parts of the mutant nation have not been explored properly, and that's not even counting how much of a trash fire the "Mutant CIA" turned out to be. You could keep delving into aspects of the concept for many years and never hit bedrock.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-28-2022 at 05:15 AM.

The potential is there, but the writing team, save two or three writers, leave a lot to be desire.

What's with all the clickbait threads on this forum lately? Half of the things on this list were already addressed and the other half aren't even points. There are over four hundred named mutant characters from X-Men publication history; the fact that the Krakoa books haven't focused on literally every random Z-lister you can think of doesn't mean that it's wasting potential.

Spectacular Member

The Waiting Room Created by Scarlet Witch (along with David and Proteus)….Emmmmmm,Ewing is the only one of the X- Writers who cares about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    One thing to remember is that not all mutants have chosen to live on Krakoa.

I’d like to see more development of Krakoa’s infrastructure. Forge’s vision of those Jetson-like buildings had me drooling. And more relations with other nations, not just those at odds with Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    What's with all the clickbait threads on this forum lately? Half of the things on this list were already addressed and the other half aren't even points. There are over four hundred named mutant characters from X-Men publication history; the fact that the Krakoa books haven't focused on literally every random Z-lister you can think of doesn't mean that it's wasting potential.

People like attention

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    One thing to remember is that not all mutants have chosen to live on Krakoa.

I’d like to see more development of Krakoa’s infrastructure. Forge’s vision of those Jetson-like buildings had me drooling. And more relations with other nations, not just those at odds with Krakoa.
    It would be interesting to see The Promise return to the Krakoa era.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    OMG I'm obsessed with the Promise and would love for them to make a comeback in the current era. Let Tobias Messenger show that jerk Xavier how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The When In Rome song?

Mighty Member

While I do think Krakoa has a lot of wasted potential.

I feel a lot of it comes down to structure. Not in who is writing, but of the country itself.

Even when Hickman started it, it was slapdash in how lacking in structure the main organizations of it has.

I feel like every Krakoan organization should have a structure similar to SWORD ESPECIALLY X-FORCE

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How much structure does a new country have within the first month of its existence?
    "Cable was right!"