Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Are you implying that Bova was just being a lying cow?!
    Mooooooooo

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Or should that be left as a mystery?

With Wanda and Pieteo’s latest retcon of their heritage, and Bova dead.
    It creates even more questions on just what did happen to Magda.
    As they are more Avengers, let them sort it out
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But Magneto was married to Magda before she even went to Mt Wundagore, so I don't think that would work out.

We know there was a human Magda who was in the Nazi concentration camps and who married Magneto.

We know that HE had created Animal-Men, including Bova Cow-Woman, who was with him in the Citadel.
    Hmm...that does present a conundrum. Is it possible that Magda died in childbirth and the twins died later after The Whizzer rejected them and Bova just made up the whole part of Wanda and Pietro being those children?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Hmm...that does present a conundrum. Is it possible that Magda died in childbirth and the twins died later after The Whizzer rejected them and Bova just made up the whole part of Wanda and Pietro being those children?
    Yes, that is possible, but there was also Bova telling a story about 1 of the twins who glowed with the same light as the heavens on the night of their birth. And the fact that she knew of the rather lesser known names of Wanda and Pietro, whose names just happen to belong to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Now, I rather say there are twins out there with great power! Maybe we need Marvel to give us those characters.

I thought of the Baubier Twins, since with their power of light blasts, they could have mirrored the night sky light when each was born, but either Bova missed the first one or it was not until the second one arrived that the light happened, signaling the twins were united in the light.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes, that is possible, but there was also Bova telling a story about 1 of the twins who glowed with the same light as the heavens on the night of their birth. And the fact that she knew of the rather lesser known names of Wanda and Pietro, whose names just happen to belong to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Now, I rather say there are twins out there with great power! Maybe we need Marvel to give us those characters.

I thought of the Baubier Twins, since with their power of light blasts, they could have mirrored the night sky light when each was born, but either Bova missed the first one or it was not until the second one arrived that the light happened, signaling the twins were united in the light.
    It's possible she missed the first one, especially if she was dealing with the Whizzer at the time or had been interrupted by the High Evolutionary (I don't know if he was home that night, I don't have the story on hand so you would probably know better) while all this madness was going on.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

It's possible she missed the first one, especially if she was dealing with the Whizzer at the time or had been interrupted by the High Evolutionary (I don't know if he was home that night, I don't have the story on hand so you would probably know better) while all this madness was going on.
    I think you named the answer, my friend! I believe Bova was probably dealing with the Whizzer, giving him an update on the birth. That would make perfect sense. Bova was most likely alone and needed to come out of the delivery area. Also, being a speedster, Whizzer could get impatient more than most.

(We do not know if HE was around, it was not shown nor mentioned. But, he was often away or busy on projects in his laboratory.)

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I think you named the answer, my friend! I believe Bova was probably dealing with the Whizzer, giving him an update on the birth. That would make perfect sense. Bova was most likely alone and needed to come out of the delivery area. Also, being a speedster, Whizzer could get impatient more than most.

(We do not know if HE was around, it was not shown nor mentioned. But, he was often away or busy on projects in his laboratory.)
    Now we just need a Marvel Writer to put all of that into canon (for posterities sake) and we are good to go! Also, those twins you mentioned. They should be Magento's real kids. As for Wanda and Pietro, why not make them The Whizzer's kids? I don't like they way they unceremoniously killed off Miss America but...if she still lived through someone other than Nuklo (or whatever his name was) then I think it would work.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-28-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Now we just need a Marvel Writer to put all of that into canon (for posterities sake) and we are good to go! Also, those twins you mentioned. They should be Magento's real kids. As for Wanda and Pietro, why not make them The Whizzer's kids? I don't like they way they unceremoniously killed off Miss America but...if she still lived through someone other than Nuklo (or whatever his name was) then I think it would work.
    True, I would love a writer want to put this in as canon.

YES, I have always loved Wanda and Pietro as the Whizzer and Miss America's kids!

And the "missing" twins or the Baubiers would belong to Magneto.

True, I would love a writer want to put this in as canon.

YES, I have always loved Wanda and Pietro as the Whizzer and Miss America's kids!

And the "missing" twins or the Baubiers would belong to Magneto.
    I've always thought Wanda looked more like Madelyn Joyce-Frank than she did Magda Eisenhardt (it felt more like they had retconned Magda into looking like Wanda):

Miss America.jpg Witch.jpg

I've always thought Wanda looked more like Madelyn Joyce-Frank than she did Magda Eisenhardt (it felt more like they had retconned Magda into looking like Wanda):

Miss America.jpg Witch.jpg
    Yes, I totally agree and always thought the same thing.

Yes, I totally agree and always thought the same thing.
    What I really want to know is...how many Marvel Characters other than Arcturus Rann are related to Prince Wayfinder because I am pretty sure that X-23 (she was chosen as his heir) and Logan (Laura came from his DNA) are his descendants, hell...even Wanda might be one of his descendants. Guy must have had a bunch of lovers before he went off to become The Enigma Force.

Wayfinder.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-28-2022 at 09:28 PM.

I've always thought Wanda looked more like Madelyn Joyce-Frank than she did Magda Eisenhardt (it felt more like they had retconned Magda into looking like Wanda)
    John Byrne definitely did that when he drew Magda looking like present-day Wanda on Uncanny X-Men:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    John Byrne definitely did that when he drew Magda looking like present-day Wanda on Uncanny X-Men:

I knew it! I knew it was a retcon! It had to be!

So I did a little digging and here's what I found:

Magda's first appearance was on Avengers 186, released in May 1979, where's she's established as the mother of Wanda and Pietro seeking asylum in Wundagore after fleeing "a husband who had gained strange abilities":

Then basically concurrently in Uncanny X-Men 125, released in June 1979, Magneto is shown reminiscing about his dead wife for the first time and her name is also given as Magda. She's clearly the same woman who had appeared on Avengers one month prior!

It seems to me creators (possibly David Michelinie, possibly Chris Claremont, definitely John Byrne) conspired to connect the dots and make Magneto the twins's father YEARS before it was actually revealed in the Vision and Scarlet Witch miniseries. I remember reading the parentage was something of a worst-kept secret at Marvel for a long time prior to the reveal, however the 2 books I mentioned above above are the ones who clearly address it and make it possible.

Yes, reveal her as Merriem Drew.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume