Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just as all White people aren't the same "shade". And all Black people aren't the same shade. I'm thinking all Roma or Gitano aren't the same shade either.

If it makes some feel better...They still look "White" on those pages just with beauty-full tans.

And consider they looked White in earlier iterations because the colour scale was pretty limited and...no writer back then really gave deeper thought to their heritage and ethnicity which a lot of 21st century writers are doing, now. Because it's important in today's world and sensibility.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Course correct? Do you know any Roma? I am right now in Spain and every gitano I have met are white.

The Maximoff have look white since the 60's
    Most Romani from the Romania part of Europe I have met have a fairly dark skin color. Closer to this version.
    Though Wanda is apperently from Serbia. Thought she was from some made up country like Latveria.

My favorite is still Perez Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, I don't think its Orlando doubling down. This kind of thing comes down to editorial mandate - they'll retcon the retcon when they're good and ready (and yes I too believe its inevitable) but until that point, its not the kind of character change that's up to individual writer discretion. Pretty sure Marvel editors set the official party line Orlando had to work with for this series, in terms of the twins' precise relationship with Magneto, and he's just working with what he was given.
    BobbysWorld is correct.
    Making SIGNIFICANT changes to major characters takes a SIGNIFICANT runway and must be approved through multiple channels.
    Its pretty remarkable how many stories, ideas, or just plain dialogue choices have a **** ton of red tape to navigate in order to make it on the page. Its no joke.

Exactatiously!

I would say 70%-80% of the fans (myself included) here do not have a comprehensive clue about how anything works in those offices, among editorial and the hire-ups and the writers and artists. And since we are never privy to those conversations they have...everything we "state with certainty" is anything but certain.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

I saw a similar discussion on another board (not CBR) where someone was upset Vision isn't in this yet and then, after reading Orlando's praise for the wedding of Wanda and Vision, hoped that he'd get them back together.

But again, while I would love to see Vision and the Scarlet Witch back together, that's not a decision for Orlando to make and almost certainly won't happen in a book like this. He sort of hints at it when he mentions that Wanda and Voodoo might in theory still be together; no one has even mentioned that romance who isn't Jim Zub, but the editorial decision to break them up apparently has not been made yet.

But lmao I totally forgot about Voodoo. No disrespect to him or anything, but his thing with Wanda is such a nothingburger that I forget it exists. Hell, even when she was dating him in No Road Home, she already had more explicit romantic tension and chemistry with Conan the Barbarian.

Anyway, Wanda should go full Cougar Mode and hook up with a younger guy. Be Hellion's magical sugar mama, use spells to give him hands. She already ruined his life; now she can fix it, and get a little something for herself along the way.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

I was totally a Wandoo shipper. Still am actually. I love Dr. Voodoo...always have always will. Talk about a character who doesn't get the focus and attention he deserves. I hope he shows up in her book the way she shows up in SA.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Voodoo and Wanda don't need to show up all the time together but I wish he got more coverage. Knowing Marvel, they probably won't be together for long.
    "Cable was right!"

I am wondering when the comic industry will find out that the use of the term Voodoo is actually considered quite racist these days...(it should be Vodou or vodun...)

Voodoo is just the phonetic pronunciation of the French "Vaudou", initially. And while that spelling and use has fallen out of practice and favour for the original spelling (Vodun the African version) it really isn't "racist"...just unpopular.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-30-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Voodoo is just the phonetic pronunciation of the French "Vaudou", initially. And while that spelling and use has fallen out of practice and favour for the original spelling (Vodun the African version) it really isn't "racist"...just unpopular.
    if you say so...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    if you say so...
    Yes I do.
    It may be considered "racist" or more likely "unpopular" Stateside, but I can tell you with absolute certainty...we here in the Caribbean don't give a **** about that mess...Voodoo is voodoo no matter how you spell it.

And nobody reading the comics is going to look at Dr. Voodoo and say "Omygaawd! That's SO Rai-cest!"
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-30-2022 at 11:04 AM.