Default DCEU Black Adam VS 616 Classic Rogue

Who wins? ——

Binary punched her almost to the moon and while it hurt, she wasn't knocked out or even visibly bruised.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Her durability was generally above even her strength, and Adam's strength feats aren't (yet) on a high enough level to match them. Storm's lightning tickled her. I don't think that Adam can really hurt her, and she certainly can't catch him.

That said, Adam doesn't know beans about her and I'm not sure if the common knowledge clause would let him know not to touch her. If he grabs or punches her, he's making contact and she's powerjacking him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Binary punched her almost to the moon and while it hurt, she wasn't knocked out or even visibly bruised.
    Not even close to the moon. Binary punched her high enough that the sky was black. Very heavy hit, but that's all.

Rogue wasn't that fast of a flyer, nor was she immune to suffocation - had she been punched almost to the moon she would have died of suffocation before making it a fraction of the distance back. Instead, she was back in the fight within a few seconds. Given she wasn't capable of 'flying across the country' in a few seconds (not...even...close) she couldn't have gone that far.

Not to say she didn't have ridiculous durability - she could take hits from Class 80+ without immediately folding, and got up again after eating a slap from Juggernaut that sent her through several stone walls to land a couple of miles away - but the feat wasn't as good as what is described.

Edit: Went back and checked - yes, there's the moon in the picture, looking really big. Which...makes zero sense.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-29-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Her durability was generally above even her strength, and Adam's strength feats aren't (yet) on a high enough level to match them. Storm's lightning tickled her. I don't think that Adam can really hurt her, and she certainly can't catch him.

That said, Adam doesn't know beans about her and I'm not sure if the common knowledge clause would let him know not to touch her. If he grabs or punches her, he's making contact and she's powerjacking him.
    I think that would in fact fall under common knowledge. We had a Mister Sinister thread some years ago which concluded that common knowledge was relative to people who are actually aware of the character's existence. The X-Men don't have public personas the way Spider-Man or Superman do, so people aware of Rogue's existence would basically default to people she lives with, all of whom know they need to be careful not to brush up against her.

You know, considering Rogue's pretty high-end durability (for a non-superheavyweight), I am once again inclined to say 'A curse on you Claremont' for his inconsistencies and PIS.

Like, Rogue eats hits from all kinds of high-end bricks and doesn't break, she literally shrugs of Storm's lightning...and Viper's stupid HYDRA energy pistol almost kills her (yes, kills). She trades hits with mid-range supers and carries trains, and Wolverine punches her so hard she reverses direction on a flying charge and goes through a wall like a bullet.

Getting any kind of worthwhile feats from old X-men comics is a huge pain.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You know, considering Rogue's pretty high-end durability (for a non-superheavyweight), I am once again inclined to say 'A curse on you Claremont' for his inconsistencies and PIS.

Like, Rogue eats hits from all kinds of high-end bricks and doesn't break, she literally shrugs of Storm's lightning...and Viper's stupid HYDRA energy pistol almost kills her (yes, kills). She trades hits with mid-range supers and carries trains, and Wolverine punches her so hard she reverses direction on a flying charge and goes through a wall like a bullet.

Another time Sabertooth sneak attacked and beat the **** out of her.

So yeah nah, Claremont and Consistency are not the same type of Cs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Another time Sabertooth sneak attacked and beat the **** out of her.

So yeah nah, Claremont and Consistency are not the same type of Cs.
    Yeah, dude was clearly heavily invested in 'I must tell this story without regards to any consistency!' Like, Colossus 'not holding back' grabs Cyclops (thinking he's Dark Phoenix) and slams him into the ground, doing all of cracking a couple of Scott's ribs. Or Magneto choosing to get into a punch-fight with Colossus rather than just...crumpling him into a ball or hitting everyone else in the group with Piotr, for example.

Blah.

Large amounts of weirdness in his stuff.
    Why are we here?

As an Avengers fan, it was painful to read Avengers Annual #10, which was also the debut of Rogue. Claremont swooped in with a grudge and his usual lack of consistency, and had Rogue deliver a pants-down whooping to the Avengers. Even Thor. Claremont was justifiably offended at the callous treatment of Carol Danvers in Avengers #200, but his response was to have Rogue permanently* steal Carol's powers.

*Permanently by 616 standards = a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    As an Avengers fan, it was painful to read Avengers Annual #10, which was also the debut of Rogue. Claremont swooped in with a grudge and his usual lack of consistency, and had Rogue deliver a pants-down whooping to the Avengers. Even Thor. Claremont was justifiably offended at the callous treatment of Carol Danvers in Avengers #200, but his response was to have Rogue permanently* steal Carol's powers.

*Permanently by 616 standards = a couple of years.
    Two definitive wrongs not making a right. Yeah, Avengers #200 was all kinds of awful cringe.
    Why are we here?

Okay, so I've gone and checked on the 'Binary punches Rogue'. And mea culpa, here's the art.

Attachment 126547

And the next scene shows Rogue coming in from orbit with a big flaming trail.

Soooo...my memory not as good. MichaelC correct, that's what the art shows.

It's still BS, because....

1. Rogue not fly that fast, so flying back from 'close to the moon' is garbage;
    2. Rogue not THAT tough, so getting punched to the moon and being conscious is garbage;
    3. The next punch the enraged Binary hits Rogue with...knocks her about 200', no more.

So, make of it what you will, but the feat itself with regards to showing Rogue's durability has a whole lot wrong with it.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Who wins? ——
    I really can't see DCEU BA having a chance against classic comic Rogue. At one point, she took down comic Thor (or was that an alternate reality?) Yeah, I suppose his speed allows him to drag it out but he isn't hurting her. So, eventually.
    Power with Girl is better.

Okay, so I've gone and checked on the 'Binary punches Rogue'. And mea culpa, here's the art.

Attachment 126547

And the next scene shows Rogue coming in from orbit with a big flaming trail.

Soooo...my memory not as good. MichaelC correct, that's what the art shows.

It's still BS, because....

1. Rogue not fly that fast, so flying back from 'close to the moon' is garbage;
    2. Rogue not THAT tough, so getting punched to the moon and being conscious is garbage;
    3. The next punch the enraged Binary hits Rogue with...knocks her about 200', no more.

So, make of it what you will, but the feat itself with regards to showing Rogue's durability has a whole lot wrong with it.
    So, yeah, if you go with her high end, pretty impressive. But hard to define a "consistent" high end.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    So, yeah, if you go with her high end, pretty impressive. But hard to define a "consistent" high end.
    Recall that on Rumbles, it's less 'consistent' and more 'in accord with presentation'. I mean, Deathstroke pretty consistently messes with speedsters.

Rogue is for-sure not presented as someone who can hang with the Class 100 crowd. Like, at all. So her getting punched a chunk of the way to the moon and not getting KO'ed is...ridiculous.

Worse, she needs to breathe.

Worse, her flight speed isn't 10% of lightspeed or anything, so her flying back in some very short interval (ie, short enough she neither suffocates nor the X-men come pouring out of the mansion in time to grab Carol before Rogue returns) is ridiculous.

The feat is basically a gigantic mess in a whole lot of ways, the biggest of which is 'Rogue really isn't tough enough to take that kind of hit without getting KOed or at least badly wrecked'. Especially since she would have been punched so hard she would have been flying at a sizeable fraction of lightspeed on the way out.
    Why are we here?