Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Can we wait a couple issues before calling it a Batbook just cause it stars Huntress?
    I was referring to this issue, not the series as a whole.

Hopefully, future issues will be less focused on Bat-stuff.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was referring to this issue, not the series as a whole.

Hopefully, future issues will be less focused on Bat-stuff.
    I'm willing to jive with the starting Helena set-up as long as we get to the rest of the team.

I'm interested in Alan's relationship with Red Lantern especially now that his daughter is a JSA member too. I theorize Alan may have had a closer than rivals relationship with Reddy heh.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm willing to jive with the starting Helena set-up as long as we get to the rest of the team.

I'm interested in Alan's relationship with Red Lantern especially now that his daughter is a JSA member too. I theorize Alan may have had a closer than rivals relationship with Reddy heh.
    Yeah, Johns is painfully predictable with certain stuff, so it feels inevitable that Alan and Sokov will have a Hal/Sinestro-esque relationship.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah, Johns is painfully predictable with certain stuff, so it feels inevitable that Alan and Sokov will have a Hal/Sinestro-esque relationship.
    Actually I meant romantic. I myself like the theory that Alan and Sokov may have been lovers at one point.

Alan could use a cool love interest.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This book was definitely worth the wait. Geoff Johns still has a lot of magic left in him. Great to see so many familiar faces but lots of unexpected twists & turns for some of them. You can tell that Johns does his research as his passion for these characters comes out in the writing. I'm glad Mikel Janin took over for Bryan Hitch. Janin's art is delicate yet hits you in the face at the same time. It was great to see some classic elements of JSA history restored and I like all of the new characters introduced so far(something I rarely say) with Kyle Knight being the most interesting of them all. The daughter of Red Lantern has an intriguing personality. I wonder if the Red Flame that she gets her powers from is the same as the one that empowers Wonder Woman's enemy Zara High Priestess of the Crimson Flame?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s to compliment the Teen Titan character Joker’s Daughter

Harlequin’s Son = Joker’s Daughter
    Michael Mayne = Duela Dent
    I know and its just a preference. Atleast there's a fun gag to be made when they meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This book was definitely worth the wait. Geoff Johns still has a lot of magic left in him. Great to see so many familiar faces but lots of unexpected twists & turns for some of them. You can tell that Johns does his research as his passion for these characters comes out in the writing. I'm glad Mikel Janin took over for Bryan Hitch. Janin's art is delicate yet hits you in the face at the same time. It was great to see some classic elements of JSA history restored and I like all of the new characters introduced so far(something I rarely say) with Kyle Knight being the most interesting of them all. The daughter of Red Lantern has an intriguing personality. I wonder if the Red Flame that she gets her powers from is the same as the one that empowers Wonder Woman's enemy Zara High Priestess of the Crimson Flame?
    The new characters are my favorites too but I'm a sucker for an antihero.

Ruby being connected to Zara would be dope.

Maybe each of the lanterns would have counterparts in other corps?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2022 at 04:52 AM.

So I’m assuming since she’s clearly got prolonged life in the future considering she’s born in the 50’s that Ruby Sokov is alive and running around in the present day DCU waiting to be introduced?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I’m assuming since she’s clearly got prolonged life in the future considering she’s born in the 50’s that Ruby Sokov is alive and running around in the present day DCU waiting to be introduced?
    Hopefully yeah. I wanna follow Kyle's story further. If Stargirl was getting future seasons i would hope they pop up there.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hopefully yeah. I wanna follow Kyle's story further. If Stargirl was getting future seasons i would hope they pop up there.

Johns is making new IP for DC to adapt. He wants residuals lol.
    I mean …. looks at all the new characters introduced last two years

Isn’t that the case with all writers?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean …. looks at all the new characters introduced last two years

Isn’t that the case with all writers?
    I don't blame them. I'll be doing the same if DC ever hires me.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Re: Red Lantern, I'm admittedly not too familiar with the character, but love the idea. I'm a sucker for anything early Cold War (we cannot allow... a mine shaft gap!!!), so I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Re: Red Lantern, I'm admittedly not too familiar with the character, but love the idea. I'm a sucker for anything early Cold War (we cannot allow... a mine shaft gap!!!), so I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Literally a brand new character they are retconning existed in the 40’s and 50’s. He’s basically a reverse Alan Scott.

Different from the red lantern corps Hal deals with.
    Words to live by.

I’m confused as hell by the panel showing Batman’s funeral. It says “18 years from now,” but it shows Alfred, who is dead in the present day. And JSA members, who would be old now, look young two decades from now.

Astonishing Member

Once again, Johns shows he can't kick his bad habit of killing characters for shock value or to raise stakes.

I wanted to see more of Helena's team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Once again, Johns shows he can't kick his bad habit of killing characters for shock value or to raise stakes.

I wanted to see more of Helena's team.
    I dont know if this really counts, since these aren't established characters and they're from a future timeline that will probably be averted anyway. It's not like Infinite Crisis, where he's massacring Titans left and right.