Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Master Jailer was a favourite from the Pasko run.
    I know, right?! Still a fan of the Irv Novick version, though...

I would also add The Atomic Skull. That character has so much potential if he would only be fleshed out more.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm gonna go with The Ultra-Humanite since he can have (if DC does so) really interesting changes in his form (since he likes to transplant his brain into different bodies):

[In 1940 Ultra-Humanite's] brain had been moved into the body of American actress, Dolores Winters. Dolores died in issue #21, and Lex Luthor debuted in issue #23, forever claiming the role of Superman's archnemesis, but for two issues in 1940, he was preceded by an equally dangerous super-genius in the form of a beautiful woman who used he/him pronouns.
    . . .
    He showed up again in 1981 as part of the annual crossover between the Earth-1 Justice League and the Earth-2 Justice Society in the pages of Justice League of America, only now he had transplanted his brain again, this time into a giant mutated albino ape?
    http://dccontinuityproject.weebly.co...-humanite.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-20-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

I think Parasite should be considered underrated, especially considering his brief foray into being a shapeshifter of people he drained in that story where he impersonates Lois for a while.

Imagine the paranoia of a story where Superman rescuing people end sup with him grabbing Parasite, or Parasite trying to replace someone.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think Parasite should be considered underrated, especially considering his brief foray into being a shapeshifter of people he drained in that story where he impersonates Lois for a while.

Imagine the paranoia of a story where Superman rescuing people end sup with him grabbing Parasite, or Parasite trying to replace someone.
    Dude, One of My All-Time Favorites! Great suggestion!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2022 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Last appearance of Colonel Future showed how underrated is he.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Probably Mxy honestly.

He’s such a weird character when you think about it. He was a “harmless prankster” type character who got an iconic 80s story by Alan Moore which showed how he can work as a “darker” more serious threat just like Joker did… and they just went back to him being a harmless pest! Probably the only time where Moore took a big swing at DC, and DC didn’t immediately make his take the way forward. I think part of what holds him back is that his design is lame and isn’t very interesting to look at.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably Mxy honestly.

He’s such a weird character when you think about it. He was a “harmless prankster” type character who got an iconic 80s story by Alan Moore which showed how he can work as a “darker” more serious threat just like Joker did… and they just went back to him being a harmless pest! Probably the only time where Moore took a big swing at DC, and DC didn’t immediately make his take the way forward. I think part of what holds him back is that his design is lame and isn’t very interesting to look at.
    I tend to think it’s more that his design is humorous, and the individuals who like that design want him to be funny, while those who are more likely to at least want to write a “Q”-like character capable of screwing around with Superman’s world are turned off by him being funny at all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I tend to think it’s more that his design is humorous, and the individuals who like that design want him to be funny, while those who are more likely to at least want to write a “Q”-like character capable of screwing around with Superman’s world are turned off by him being funny at all.

Actually Mxy would most likely terrify Q. Mxy only looks harmless. Being pranked by Mxy would be too much like being pranked by GOD. Sure when he goes home, he undoes all the stuff he did. The equivelant of putting the playroom back the way you found it. Mxy sees universes as playrooms.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Nuclear Man
    Atomic Skull
    Livewire
    Manchester Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Nuclear Man
    Atomic Skull
    Livewire
    Manchester Black
    you know... as much as I love Livewire... I can't put her in here because of how often she ends up being an ally of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    you know... as much as I love Livewire... I can't put her in here because of how often she ends up being an ally of Superman.
    Which is the reason I think shes underrated as a villain, she could be a good foil to Superman, Clark, and Lois, as the shock jock/fake news media influencer and one of the few recognizable female villains.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Mxyzptlk is my favorite villain. He can literally do anything! We need a writer that's unintimidated by the challenge, opportunity, and responsibility of writing him. Morrison'multiple users of the character and the expansion and world building of the 5th dimension have been amazing. He's the Superman villain who hasn't changed in continuity since his original debut in the 40s. I really hope it's him.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Mxyzptlk is my favorite villain. He can literally do anything! We need a writer that's unintimidated by the challenge, opportunity, and responsibility of writing him. Morrison'multiple users of the character and the expansion and world building of the 5th dimension have been amazing. He's the Superman villain who hasn't changed in continuity since his original debut in the 40s. I really hope it's him.
    Yeah I love Mxy. Would love to see what PKJ could do with him...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Personally, I've always felt like Mxy being a funny and largely non-serious villain is part of the appeal of his character. It's pleasingly ironic that Superman's most powerful villain isn't a serious threat most of the time. It shows that power isn't everything. I guess I just generally like that he occupies a weird space as a character due to the combination of his power level and his humorous element.