Astonishing Member

Default DCEU Jor-el vs MCU Zeus

rules: the battle take place under yellow sun so Jor-el can access his Kryptonian powers here

who take this?

bonus: they sit and talk
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Jor-El is definitely getting uninvited to the orgy.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Zeus has very little in the way of actual defensive feats other than somehow barely surviving his own attack. It totally took him out of the fight though. I'd imagine if Jor is anywhere near Clark speed then he just beats him up?

Sit and talk would be fascinating. Extremely different personalities.

On the topic of personalities - who here was a bit disgruntled that they didn't go with the Zeus/Thor deleted scene vibes instead? I felt like that was a much better direction and helped explain a few things. But instead they went full silly mode.

It's like how in Ragnarok they nearly had Odin go out as a disheveled bum on the streets but at the last moment decided to cut that scene and instead give him a brief moment of dignity. Well, nobody decided to do Zeus the same favor haha
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Zeus has very little in the way of actual defensive feats other than somehow barely surviving his own attack. It totally took him out of the fight though. I'd imagine if Jor is anywhere near Clark speed then he just beats him up?

On the topic of personalities - who here was a bit disgruntled that they didn't go with the Zeus/Thor deleted scene vibes instead? I felt like that was a much better direction and helped explain a few things. But instead they went full silly mode.

It's like how in Ragnarok they nearly had Odin go out as a disheveled bum on the streets but at the last moment decided to cut that scene and instead give him a brief moment of dignity. Well, nobody decided to do Zeus the same favor haha
    Honestly, I see him surviving as something perhaps linked to his immortality. Even though this has never really been a thing for Asgardians thus far, and they are certainly "gods", Love and Thunder implied it takes special stuff like the Necrosword to actually kill gods. Like, Taika just kind of added a thing there for his story, but if that's now canon (cannon)? Hell, I dunno. I really enjoyed some parts of Love and Thunder - notably the stars were basically all great with what they had to work with - but it really messed with some continuity.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Honestly, I see him surviving as something perhaps linked to his immortality. Even though this has never really been a thing for Asgardians thus far, and they are certainly "gods", Love and Thunder implied it takes special stuff like the Necrosword to actually kill gods. Like, Taika just kind of added a thing there for his story, but if that's now canon (cannon)? Hell, I dunno. I really enjoyed some parts of Love and Thunder - notably the stars were basically all great with what they had to work with - but it really messed with some continuity.
    Zeus is not Asgardian though. In Greek mythology the Greek gods were all immortal but I don't know if that is why he survived in the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    even when they have same portrayers
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Zeus is not Asgardian though. In Greek mythology the Greek gods were all immortal but I don't know if that is why he survived in the movie.
    All gods were portrayed as the same-ish in Love and Thunder, including Asgardians, requiring something special to kill them.