Super Moderator

Default FAN EXPO: Marvel All Access Talks Female Heroes, Wolverine's Death

From the "Death of Wolverine" to the increased focus on female leads, Marvel Comics' All Access panel offered fans a lively and informative discussion.

Full article here.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

2016?? yeah sure, i bet Wolverine's death won't stick for a year..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Shouldn't this be on the X-Boards?

I don't care if he only stays dead for a month as long as its a good story and we get some exciting new characters and concepts out of it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    2016?? yeah sure, i bet Wolverine's death won't stick for a year..
    I'll take that bet.

All-New Member

Sad that it took the Death of Wolverine story for a writer to finally write Wolverine properly again. This reminds me of the Wolverine I grew up with. The take-no-prisoners guy Chris Claremont, John Byrne, Larry Hama and many others wrote for years. Cornell's run has been about as bad as I've seen. Wolverine acted so far out of character it seemed like an imposter who looked like Wolverine (at times that was questionable too). I'm hoping when Wolverine comes back Soule will be the one to write him. I feel they got bigger plans for him though. I could easily see him taking over Avengers after Hickman departs. Soule does get the character though and it's jarring how different it was from Cornell's run in Wolverine's solo title. Sure the art helps here. McNiven draws one of the best Wolverine's ever. Not that the character shouldn't be allowed to evolve, I happen to love when characters grow and change but there is change and then there is unrecognizable and Wolverine has been the latter for quite awhile now. As for when Wolverine returns, I think I'll guess when the next movie starring Wolverine comes out. I guess that's the next X-Men movie....I expect it to be a couple years but hopefully this means some of the Wolverine-based characters get some spotlight - X-23, Daken, Sabretooth, even Alpha Flight, the Weapon X project, etc of course you know Deadpool is going to be all over this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Shouldn't this be on the X-Boards?
    It's not exclusively about X-Books.