Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I for one enjoy Christmas. I did not realize just how much until I was in prison and was not around family. My dad and I take a couple days a week and watch Christmas shows and just spend time together forgetting about his health issues, me being batshit crazy, legal troubles in the past. And Christmas day we wake up early and open the gifts we got each other. Never really anything big. Just a couple I thought of you gifts.

I put up the tree and hung some lights around the inside of the house. It is a very nice relaxing time.

Im also excited because this is the first year I am sending out Christmas cards I mean it is only to 4 people but I am excited
    Good for you. I enjoy the season as well and look forward to it each and every year.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I for one enjoy Christmas. I did not realize just how much until I was in prison and was not around family. My dad and I take a couple days a week and watch Christmas shows and just spend time together forgetting about his health issues, me being batshit crazy, legal troubles in the past. And Christmas day we wake up early and open the gifts we got each other. Never really anything big. Just a couple I thought of you gifts.

I put up the tree and hung some lights around the inside of the house. It is a very nice relaxing time.

Im also excited because this is the first year I am sending out Christmas cards I mean it is only to 4 people but I am excited
    My son and I also have a special Christmas tie. years ago when he was a young child, my wife decided to have me take him with me as I went Christmas shopping. OK, sure. Turns out the kid was a huge help and we continued our shopping expedition every year for over two decades. He was a help in picking out gifts for the nieces and nephews and as he found girlfriends, those were gifts he got there. We even had situations where one of us would look away while the other got a gift for them. It was early in our tradition when I noticed how it affected him by looking at him smiling and loving seeing his mother open her gifts from him.

The cost of the gift was far less important than how well the recipient appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    If this is a war then Christmas is definitely winning. One of my colleagues has had her tree up for weeks already and I started eating mince pies in September.
    So true. I call it the "Yulekrieg".
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good for you. I enjoy the season as well and look forward to it each and every year.
    I am glad. This a fun time of year and It makes me happy to see people enjoy it
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    My son and I also have a special Christmas tie. years ago when he was a young child, my wife decided to have me take him with me as I went Christmas shopping. OK, sure. Turns out the kid was a huge help and we continued our shopping expedition every year for over two decades. He was a help in picking out gifts for the nieces and nephews and as he found girlfriends, those were gifts he got there. We even had situations where one of us would look away while the other got a gift for them. It was early in our tradition when I noticed how it affected him by looking at him smiling and loving seeing his mother open her gifts from him.

The cost of the gift was far less important than how well the recipient appreciated it.
    This story made me smile Thank you for sharing
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I love Christmas, but I can't help but snark when each year the stuff shows up in shops earlier and earlier. One supermarket chain started offering Christmas candy in the first week of October this year.
    I once asked a person in a party goods store why they started putting out some Christmas stuff so early (this was even before September), and the reason was simple enough: they wouldn't have the room to store all the Christmas stuff in their back room until closer to Christmas, and then it would also take a lot of time to put it all out on display at the same time. So, some of it went out as it came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    And then of course, it will disappear two weeks before Christmas when many of us would still like to buy it.
    But from a store's point of view, they don't still want all that stuff still sitting in inventory just before Christmas. They want to sell as much as possible before December 24th so they don't have to discount it so much after the holiday.

Also with the way shipping is these days, no one can guarantee when items will arrive. The stores rather not receive Christmas items after the fact, so when they can get them/do get them, they put them out for sale with no reorders.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!