Page 12 of 499 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Can't they just rewrite the script if Gunn thinks it's crap?

And I'm pretty sure the script is crap.
    It's the director's script. So in sure if they rewrite it she won't do it. It's the reason she left Thor 2.

What about harley? She pretty much is dc's deadpool so can see her "universe jump" easy but than what about peacemaker and the in the works ratcatcher series gunn was working on?

This is confusing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Deadline also reporting they heard ww3 is killed also. They also question cavill returning saying man of steel 2 has no script or director yet from what they heard.

Ironic gal just posted yesterday on twitter how she was so happy playing ww and can't wait to return in part 3. oops. Bad timing.
    The movies not going forward does not mean the actors aren't. People are making that mistaken connection. It could mean that, but it could just mean "we want to keep Gadot and Cavill, but we need to rethink how the franchises go forward and current plans are off the table"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think that if the first Wonder Woman hadn't been a big success they would have rebooted the DCEU inmediately after Justice League lost money.

I think it's the right choice though. At this point trying to salvage the DCEU is a sunk cost fallacy. There is no Batman. WW84 was badly received. Ezra Miller is a criminal. Cyborg is not appearing again. The Snyder cultists are still crazy. The Suicide Squad, Birds Of Prey and Black Adam bombed.
    Yup. Lost in all of this is that even before Gunn, The Flash was supposed to be a big reset anyways and the Snyder Cut was just WB throwing fans a bone to say goodbye to the old universe. The only big changes so far is that Gunn came in and they are reviewing a longterm plan and deciding what to build around and what films won't work moving forward. Basically, everything is way too up in the air to make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The movies not going forward does not mean the actors aren't. People are making that mistaken connection. It could mean that, but it could just mean "we want to keep Gadot and Cavill, but we need to rethink how the franchises go forward and current plans are off the table"
    Rumors are spreading that Gunn intends to do a bunch of recasts.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Gadot and Jenkins seem tied together. I don't see her doing another film given that her good friend who catapulted her into stardom got unceremoniously dumped. I also remember Gadot alluding to a third film being her last in the role.

With Cavill, they have no script and no director, and the film he had the biggest scene in as Superman bombed at the box office. So even if they stick with Cavill, you're looking at best 2026 before a new Superman movie with him may be released.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I just don't see how a full reboot works now with Cavill coming back and the Reeves Batman movies pretty much isolating Batman from anything bigger. I can't see Reeves wanting to include his Batman into bigger DCU stuff nor do I think it fits with how grounded his Batman was. So do you have two Batmen still? But you run into the same issues with these pillars in Batman and Superman not feeling congruent to one another yet still trying to build a shared universe. I really don't know what the solution is. Then all the smaller movies that are loosely connected to each other feel feel too disorganized to come together in a meaningful way.
    The same way the comics have rebooted a bunch of times and picked what they wanted to keep and what could stay mostly the same. In Crisis they didn't want to blow up the Titans, in Flashpoint they didn't want to undo Batman and Green Lantern after Morrison and Johns well received runs. They've always done this. Also quite frankly, Cavill's Superman's entire story is that he came out to the world and fought Zod, died fighting Doomsday and came back to stop Steppenwolf at some point. It's not like there is much at all tied to him.

Imo the big issues will Batman. You have Affleck who quite frankly started out in a bad spot because Snyder couldn't let go of his DKR fandom and made him an older guy who had all his history behind him, then you have Robert Pattinson who is a young Batman but his universe kinda doesn't mesh well with the DCU. I suppose they will either do a completely new Batman or keep Pattinson but make it so it starts to reference more DCU stuff. Which I guess is fine. Batman Year One clearly was meant to be a gritty start in a universe that was always supposed to include Superman and the rest of the DCU at some point

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rumors are spreading that Gunn intends to do a bunch of recasts.
    I mean yesterday the prevalent rumors were Cavill was good to go. Nobody knows what will happen until it happens. Gal Gadot literally was saying she had exciting new yesterday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Gadot and Jenkins seem tied together. I don't see her doing another film given that her good friend who catapulted her into stardom got unceremoniously dumped. I also remember Gadot alluding to a third film being her last in the role.

With Cavill, they have no script and no director, and the film he had the biggest scene in as Superman bombed at the box office. So even if they stick with Cavill, you're looking at best 2026 before a new Superman movie with him may be released.
    Jenkins not writing the script doesn't mean she's out. It's also not really a guarantee her leaving means Gadot is even if they are friends. Harrison Ford is doing an Indy film with Spielberg. At the end of the day it's a business.

I mean yesterday the prevalent rumors were Cavill was good to go. Nobody knows what will happen until it happens. Gal Gadot literally was saying she had exciting new yesterday as well.

Jenkins not writing the script doesn't mean she's out. It's also not really a guarantee her leaving means Gadot is even if they are friends. Harrison Ford is doing an Indy film with Spielberg. At the end of the day it's a business.
    Jenkins left Thor 2 due to creative differences with Marvel and agreed to do Wonder Woman mostly because they gave her almost total creative control. Additionally, it's been 3 years since she finished WW84 and the way WB handled its release left a bad taste in her mouth.

So long story short, it's HIGHLY unlikely she's just going to go back to the drawing board to come up with something that appeases Gunn and Safran. She's going to move on.

As far as Gadot, you could be right. I just don't see her coming back without Jenkins and a whole different creative direction.

Gal Gadot literally was saying she had exciting new yesterday as well.
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if Gal Gadot's tweet was a negotiation tactic and she already knew that WW3 was getting scrapped.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 12-07-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if Gal Gadot's tweet was a negotiation tactic and she already knew the WW3 was getting scrapped.
    Her and Cavill tried the same negotiation technique if so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Reboot is happening likely because of a crisis
    Oh but all the suicide squad spin offs and movie characters are safe

Seems about right for Gunn to keep all his stuff safe and axe everything else that was flopping
    Then how come harley and suicide squad are safe when they have flopped hard too? Double standard much?

Cavill, Gadot and Momoa should make a jump to the MCU as a payback.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Cavill, Gadot and Momoa should make a jump to the MCU as a payback.
    According to rumors i heard. WW3 was going to have 2 steve trevors, and grail as the villain. If those are true, then we dodged a bullet, because it seems that jenkins let geof to leead the way yet again, using characters that have barely anything to do with WW lore, such as lord in ww84, instead of using that space to build Diana's real villains and supporting cast.

Mighty Member

I'm glad they have new plans for the DCU. They need to stay far away from DCEU if they want to become successful, IMO. I love a handful of films in the DCEU, but create something new.