Page 334 of 498 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 7457

Thread: DCU Movies

Ben is still batman and will still direct when he left months ago, and henry is still superman when he left months ago are like this.

We were still lied to by wb.

Again, i won't complain if gal is wrong as I think this needs a full reboot.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Angel Manuel Soto talks about Zack Snyder's influence on his work and Blue Beetle: https://twitter.com/NestorCine/statu...34279776059397

#SnyderIsTheBlueprint
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2023 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess Gunn either just told Gadot what she wanted to hear (and it would be another bad example of bad communication DC Studious has), which is why she was so confident about WW 3 being made, or it was her way to put pressure on him, so she can come back. Anyways, it was obvious that she wasn't going to return. It doesn't make any sense to recast Batman and Superman, but keep DCEU Wonder Woman.
    But anyways, it's really bad situation.
    That's what Gunn said about Gal back in January:

Can you say what actors may or may not be returning?

Gunn:
    We’ve talked to Gal [Gadot]. She’s up for doing stuff. We’re not sure what we’re going to do with that. All I can tell you really right now is Henry [Cavill] and Ben [Affleck] are not part of this universe.

https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-sl...gue-1850051467

I think there's definitely miscommunication from Gunn's part. He keeps making vague or misleading statements to make it sounds he is only "recasting" Batman and Superman, but the door is open for Gal, Jason, Ezra, Zachary to keep their respective roles. He probably act the same internally: Levi was so sure he was part of Gunn's universe but still he had no confirmation if he is included in the plans, wtf?

Blue Beetle social media embargo has lifted and so far it’s gotten lots of positive reactions. Though promoting the most glowing reactions is obviously by design. We’ll see if this continues when the actual reviews hit next Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...170936123.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's what Gunn said about Gal back in January:

Can you say what actors may or may not be returning?

Gunn:
    We’ve talked to Gal [Gadot]. She’s up for doing stuff. We’re not sure what we’re going to do with that. All I can tell you really right now is Henry [Cavill] and Ben [Affleck] are not part of this universe.

https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-sl...gue-1850051467

I think there's definitely miscommunication from Gunn's part. He keeps making vague or misleading statements to make it sounds he is only "recasting" Batman and Superman, but the door is open for Gal, Jason, Ezra, Zachary to keep their respective roles. He probably act the same internally: Levi was so sure he was part of Gunn's universe but still he had no confirmation if he is included in the plans, wtf?
    With all of that, I think it's possible, that before Shazam 2 and The Flash premiered, they considered to keep some DCEU actors, in particular Gadot, Levi, Momoa + there was this rumor, that Keaton was going to get Batman Beyond movie, and it was killed because Flash bombed.
    But after those atrocious box office results they probably decided to recast everyone, and Gadot wasn't informed, which is why she keeps claiming, that WW 3 is in development.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 08-11-2023 at 11:08 AM.

With all of that, I think it's possible, that before Shazam 2 and The Flash premiered, they considered to keep some DCEU actors, in particular Gadot, Levi, Momoa + there was this rumor, that Keaton was going to get Batman Beyond movie, and it was killed because Flash bombed.
    But after those atrocious box office results they probably decided to recast everyone, and Gadot wasn't informed, which is why she keeps claiming, that WW 3 is in development.
    He already made his decisions back in October/November 2022. When Gunn became DC boss he killed WW3, MoS2 and Batman Beyond within weeks.

Extraordinary Member

Here's the thing about that, though. Gadot really doesn't have anything to gain from lying or going off the cuff like this unless it was likely to move forward. If she's caught lying, she not only looks stupid but bad in general. Also, I'm inclined to believe that Gunn said exactly what she said he told her because I always believe the talent above anyone else. But also, some entertainment pundits have said that that is in fact the case. So either, James Gunn told her the truth and she is staying or he lied directly to her face.

If it's the latter, well, that is really not a good look. I'd even go so far as to say it'd damage Gunn's reputation and make any actor hesitant to work with him. Misrepresenting during a meeting with talent is bad enough, but it looks especially bad if it comes out in the midst of a historic double strike that is sort of all about how writers and actors have been lied to and manipulated by studio execs.

But also, to be completely honest, the audience on this forum is not the most unbiased bunch. Gunn has said he's not doing a full reboot how many times now? Part of me thinks that they could drop a trailer for WW3 tomorrow with Gal still in the role and people here would still be like "Oh yeah, she's definitely out. Definitely."

We shall see I guess.

Extraordinary Member

He already made his decisions back in October/November 2022. When Gunn became DC boss he killed WW3, MoS2 and Batman Beyond within weeks.
    Um wasn't this also reported at the time?

The sources said newly appointed DC Studio heads James Gunn and Peter Safran had nothing to do with the WW3 decision, but agreed Jenkins’ treatment didn’t work.
    https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...-3-scrapped-dc

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Um wasn't this also reported at the time?

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...-3-scrapped-dc
    From the same link:

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. recently received the WW3 film treatment from Patty Jenkins and writer Geoff Johns. Sources say Jenkins—who directed Monster as well as the first two installments of the Wonder Woman franchise—was then informed the sequel will not move forward. She reportedly received the news from WB executives, as well as James Gunn and Peter Safran, who were recently tapped to head DC Studios.

THR writes that the film is “considered dead in its current incarnation,” as studio execs don’t believe WW3 will fit in with the new—and still developing—DC Entertainment plans. The magazine emphasizes, however, that “no decision has been made about next steps,” suggesting Wonder Woman may still have a place within the DCEU.

Now sources tell THR the decision to scrap the third installment will save the studio tens of millions of dollars, as its star Gal Gadot was expected to receive $20M for the film.

It was scrapped.

Extraordinary Member

From the same link:

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. recently received the WW3 film treatment from Patty Jenkins and writer Geoff Johns. Sources say Jenkins—who directed Monster as well as the first two installments of the Wonder Woman franchise—was then informed the sequel will not move forward. She reportedly received the news from WB executives, as well as James Gunn and Peter Safran, who were recently tapped to head DC Studios.

THR writes that the film is “considered dead in its current incarnation,” as studio execs don’t believe WW3 will fit in with the new—and still developing—DC Entertainment plans. The magazine emphasizes, however, that “no decision has been made about next steps,” suggesting Wonder Woman may still have a place within the DCEU.

Now sources tell THR the decision to scrap the third installment will save the studio tens of millions of dollars, as its star Gal Gadot was expected to receive $20M for the film.

It was scrapped.
    Except in the very same link, Gunn himself went on record saying the THR story was “half true and some is not true at all” and that very update to that article you’re citing states that he and Safran were, again, not the ones to kill it.

So, yeah, it was scrapped but it doesn’t necessarily seem like HE was the one to scrap it. And if Gadot is to be believed, he may have just un-scrapped it.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-11-2023 at 12:12 PM.

This makes me think there's something we don't know. 'cause that's not really OFFICIAL anything.

stuff is probably still in flux due to the strike, but it's hard to gues what's the plan since we can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Except in the very same link, Gunn himself went on record saying the THR story was “half true and some is not true at all” and that very update to that article you’re citing states that he and Safran were, again, not the ones to kill it.

So, yeah, it was scrapped but it doesn’t necessarily seem like HE was the one to scrap it. And if Gadot is to be believed, he may have just un-scrapped it.
    Variety debunked Gal claims in behalf of WBD, WW3 isn't planned to be developed under Gunn/Safran and there wasn't any definitive discussion of Gadot’s Wonder Woman continuing with the new DCU: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/g...nt-1235693545/

Also, back in November, both Gadot and Cavill were cut from The Flash's ending because Gunn has no plan to continue with them:

"Knowing they were resetting the DC universe under their own vision, Gunn and Safran saw that having Cavill and Gadot in the new ending was potentially promising something their plans were not going to deliver. One of the first actions the duo took was to scrap the Cavill Superman film, and they also parted ways with Jenkins, effectively killing the third Wonder Woman installment."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...an-1235517975/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2023 at 01:56 PM.

James Gunn has never run anything. He’s just telling the talent what they want to hear even if he has no plans to follow through.