Page 346 of 497 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 7452

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    DC should be the ones on top. The trinity are the most iconic heroes in the world. DC had the blueprint with the DCAU as well.
    There is no "should" based on awareness of these characters. Most of the popular film characters were completely unknown before their movies. What matters is execution. So regardless of your stable, you still need the talent to make it successful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I am skipping Blue Beetle. I like Xolo in Cobra Kai and hope he continues to get work but I just can't trust DCU flicks. There were people all over trying to sell the Flash or even being like "it's worth it for Keaton" and his stuff in the Flash was legitimately embarrassing.

Aquaman is gonna be DOA as well. I'll check out Superman Legacy but the more I learn about Gunn's plans the less new and awesome they sound. It just feels like it will be differently bad. Starting with Tom King in the writers room and now with Muschietti directing The Brave and the Bold. Just feels like the same old mediocre to outright god awful DC products we have been getting for nearly 20 years across all media landscapes. They are finally getting something decent going on with the comics after undoing all the crap they have done since the new 52, but even then we still got Geoff John's watchmen babies and I wouldn't put it passed any of them to shoehorn Watchmen characters into the DCU movies.
    See, this always confuses me. You don’t have to “trust” anything. The movie is getting good reviews and positive word of mouth. So, really what you’re saying here is you’re just choosing to not like something…because reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No it's NOT. Because just you-we can ALL list those same reasons. We can all offer factual reasons.

You will have that vocal minority-who will ignore that and some will be folks who WORK at DC and might have more power than Gunn.
    Who will say this proves why we don't invest in POC heroes. Like we saw with Marvel under a certain person.
    Who WILL say Jaime is NOT iconic! We need ICONS.
    Because they don't want to LEARN anything.
    Yeah, that doesn’t really relate to what I said. Also, after rereading your comment, I’m not even sure what you’re even trying to say here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And general audiences clearly couldn't care less about that.
    Oh they did care at first, but after the only not disappointing projects being 1 Wonder Woman movie 6 years ago with which DC did even less than with the success of Aquaman and 1 to the rest completely unrelated Batman movie, they just stopped caring.

I'm not sure if people cared about DCEU or was MCU doing great increasing interest in comic books films in general at the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    See, this always confuses me. You don’t have to “trust” anything. The movie is getting good reviews and positive word of mouth. So, really what you’re saying here is you’re just choosing to not like something…because reasons.
    It has also gotten negative reviews, and reviews that judge it to be...average and predictable. So, yes, trust is involved, as in any movie. Who do you trust to give you the scoop on it?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure if people cared about DCEU or was MCU doing great increasing interest in comic books films in general at the time.
    A rising tide lifts all ships.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It has also gotten negative reviews, and reviews that judge it to be...average and predictable. So, yes, trust is involved, as in any movie. Who do you trust to give you the scoop on it?
    Uh, I trust that the vast majority of reviews have been positive and the audience reviews even more so because that seems to be the case. But what I'm pointing out is that reactions on this thread tend to range from “ugh, why is DC so terrible” to “even when DC is good, it’s terrible” to “dammit why can’t DC just be Marvel?”

Like, even with Blue Beetle, why are you ACTIVELY choosing to look at the negative reception when that’s a decided minority?

It gets to the point where this thread is just a case study in toxic negativity. And one has to ask: if people here have so much apathy for the DCU, then why are they seeking out this forum to post about it??

https://twitter.com/Croc_Block/statu...evUySaaLw&s=19

Reports that Blue Beetle hits digital platforms on September 19th. The same week it hit theaters in Japan, China, and Australia.

I hope that isn’t true because it would be incredible stupid. They’ve completely given up.

Not saying it would have had the epic turnaround of Elemental but at least give it a chance.

Extraordinary Member

Uh, I trust that the vast majority of reviews have been positive and the audience reviews even more so because that seems to be the case. But what I'm pointing out is that reactions on this thread tend to range from “ugh, why is DC so terrible” to “even when DC is good, it’s terrible” to “dammit why can’t DC just be Marvel?”

Like, even with Blue Beetle, why are you ACTIVELY choosing to look at the negative reception when that’s a decided minority?

It gets to the point where this thread is just a case study in toxic negativity. And one has to ask: if people here have so much apathy for the DCU, then why are they seeking out this forum to post about it??
    Because, to judge from lower than expected box office rather than ratings, people just aren't buying this movie. Which to me suggests that the negative perception of the movie seems to be winning. I wouldn't stress over it though, Xolo himself will almost certainly continue to play the character in DCU movies, just not in his own solo movie.

As has been noted many times, this movie would have worked maybe ten years ago; audiences weren't so familiar with the basic story, and what seems today an average comic book movie might have distinguished itself better back then. Today, the audience view that seems to be winning however is that it is just that, and average comic book movie with nothing new to show anyone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://twitter.com/Croc_Block/statu...evUySaaLw&s=19

Reports that Blue Beetle hits digital platforms on September 19th. The same week it hit theaters in Japan, China, and Australia.

I hope that isn’t true because it would be incredible stupid. They’ve completely given up.

Not saying it would have had the epic turnaround of Elemental but at least give it a chance.
    A few things about Elemental. Right now, AFAIK, it's basically breaking even. With a cost of around $200 million, and a world wide gross of around $400 million, based on cost alone, it is breaking even. When you factor in marketing costs of roughly $100 million, well that's how much it has to go to truly break even. And that's just a rough guess, eliminating that the studio take of foreign box office is less than the roughly 50% that they take from US theatres.

Another is that unlike a lot of Disney's content, this was original, something they might want to continue to think about.

Ok, the Blue Beetle digital release date rumor was BS. I really should wait to see if thing are confirmed before getting upset

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ok, the Blue Beetle digital release date rumor was BS. I really should wait to see if thing are confirmed before getting upset
    That’s good because one month after release is dumb, especially when it’s releasing in China, Japan, Korea, Australia around that time
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Because, to judge from lower than expected box office rather than ratings, people just aren't buying this movie. Which to me suggests that the negative perception of the movie seems to be winning. I wouldn't stress over it though, Xolo himself will almost certainly continue to play the character in DCU movies, just not in his own solo movie.

As has been noted many times, this movie would have worked maybe ten years ago; audiences weren't so familiar with the basic story, and what seems today an average comic book movie might have distinguished itself better back then. Today, the audience view that seems to be winning however is that it is just that, and average comic book movie with nothing new to show anyone.
    But, again, we are also in the middle of a historic dual strike in Hollywood that has precluded almost any traditional promotion for months. So again, I think people really need to take into account the extenuating circumstances. But for some reason, when it comes to DC films, people almost never do that and just jump to the same old sky-is-falling mentality that “everyone HATES DC now cuz of Snyder.” It was the same story when TSS (another well-received film) was released and somehow ppl forgot that we were still in the middle of a pandemic.

Extraordinary Member

But, again, we are also in the middle of a historic dual strike in Hollywood that has precluded almost any traditional promotion for months. So again, I think people really need to take into account the extenuating circumstances. But for some reason, when it comes to DC films, people almost never do that and just jump to the same old sky-is-falling mentality that “everyone HATES DC now cuz of Snyder.” It was the same story when TSS (another well-received film) was released and somehow ppl forgot that we were still in the middle of a pandemic.
    Yeah, tough break for BB---though I'll note none of this seemed to affect other movies. Like I've said, it would likely have done better had it hit maybe ten years ago. Of course then its lead actor would have been too young...