Page 400 of 499 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 7471

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    WW84 has really soured the general audience on the character. It will take a long time to recover from that, and it will still be an uphill battle.

It's fascinating how the first Wonder Woman movie became such a big phenomenon and just 6 years later, both the character and the lead actress have gone back into obscurity. DC really messed up big time.
    Can we stop with the lies? It didn't sour thr general audience on WW. Thr film was a success for the time. Character is still seen as the shining light of the DCEU.

Its like saying the audience turned on Thor after TDW. They never did

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Can we stop with the lies? It didn't sour thr general audience on WW. Thr film was a success for the time. Character is still seen as the shining light of the DCEU.

Its like saying the audience turned on Thor after TDW. They never did
    You mean Thor: The Dark World? Thor was always seen as the boring Avenger till Taika Watiti came in and made him cool in Thor: Raganrok. Till then, Thor was just bland strong guy of the group. Watiti managed to actually use Hemsworth's charisma and comic timing, and then Russo brothers took it up a notch by giving him an amazing character arc in Avengers 3 and 4. So that's a totally different situation.

I don't even know how you consider WW84 a "success for the time". Even ignoring the bad box office numbers, it got below par ratings from critics and audience, and some of the plot points even became controversial (everything involving Steve's return). Even Patty Jenkins parted ways with the franchise in the aftermath. That's not a sign of success.

Astonishing Member

WW84 wasn't an excellent movie, but I wouldn't say it made some harm. There was no BvS level of backlash to ruin any perception Wonder Woman had.
    And Petty left, because Gunn wanted to start from the scratch and never planned to bring Gal back (though, apparently she saw it different).

I also think WW84 going straight to streaming mitigated any big backlash. It wasn't really talked about the way it would have if it got a theatrical release

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I also think WW84 going straight to streaming mitigated any big backlash. It wasn't really talked about the way it would have if it got a theatrical release
    This is my opinion. It came and went which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    You mean Thor: The Dark World? Thor was always seen as the boring Avenger till Taika Watiti came in and made him cool in Thor: Raganrok. Till then, Thor was just bland strong guy of the group. Watiti managed to actually use Hemsworth's charisma and comic timing, and then Russo brothers took it up a notch by giving him an amazing character arc in Avengers 3 and 4. So that's a totally different situation.

I don't even know how you consider WW84 a "success for the time". Even ignoring the bad box office numbers, it got below par ratings from critics and audience, and some of the plot points even became controversial (everything involving Steve's return). Even Patty Jenkins parted ways with the franchise in the aftermath. That's not a sign of success.
    Yes. Thor TDW is often looked at as one of the weakest mcu films. And if he can have a third film that turns the character around....why can't WW? So that makes no sense.

WW84 wasn't a critical success but it was still a success everywhere else. It came out at the very height of covid along with streaming. It helped cement HBO MAX, was a streaming success. Was one of the top selling dvd/Blu-Rays of 2021.

It's also better rated than MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad.

Patty didn't part ways after it came out. You're trying to rewrite history. She was signed on for WW3. WB went through regime changes. She didn't leave until Gunn came in and decided to soft reboot. But nice try.

Even the Steve plot didn't make it a movie with a scarlet A.

David getting into that Superman shape.

Probably going to have to wait until 2024 to see him suited up but I can’t wait. He’s going to look great!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is my opinion. It came and went which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
    And it was still the #1 selling blu ray of 2021 in the U.S.; #2 in the U.K. behind the latest Bond film.

Mighty Member

María Gabriela de Faría instagram on being cast in Superman Legacy

I’m very happy and can’t shut up about it so here’s a compilation of moments after I found out @jamesgunn had invited me to play Angela, The Engineer.

1) I immediately bought a Superman cape at Party City.
    2)Surprised my agent at his office with his own cape and champagne.
    3-4) My Godmothers got pretty excited and we all pretended to fly.
    5) I sent my parents a Superman action figure to Venezuela and that’s how I let them know I got the role. Don’t mind my dad’s words, he loves me.
    6) They proceded to send me all of the gifts available with a Superman theme.
    7) I walked around town with the Party City cape like a child after a birthday party.
    7) Angie ❤️

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I still can't believe how bad WW84 was. How weak WW was, How weak Cheeetah was. What messy CGI we got. So many plot holes. What a way to destroy a character and her lore. But still, the fact that it flopped is not good. Because the chances of ever seeing a better WW on the silver screen are smaller now.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    David getting into that Superman shape.

Reminds me of Cavill here.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    I still can't believe how bad WW84 was. How weak WW was, How weak Cheeetah was. What messy CGI we got. So many plot holes. What a way to destroy a character and her lore. But still, the fact that it flopped is not good. Because the chances of ever seeing a better WW on the silver screen are smaller now.
    I don't think it was that bad. It had it's issues but I think it had it's positives.

I also don't think it was a complete flop.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Doesn't mean anything as the initial rumor was about a dictatorship in the middle east (and that's literally from the casting calls) , not a terrorist threat, and James Gunn has "deconfirmed" scoops in this way in the past. He also said Harley wouldn't have a romance with a general in TSS, because the leaker mixed up general with President. He also said the Authority won't be in this film, which is only true because they're going to be Stormwatch. So again, doesn't mean much.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

That Middle East story rumour is being pushed by Grace Randolph, a person that James Gunn despises
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut