Page 8 of 498 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

If they cut the scene where they establish that Superman doesn’t exist in the new DCU, and are leaving the references to him in Blue Beetle, then my take away is Cavill will keep being the DCU’s Superman but to what extent any of his old history carries over is up to Gunn. I hope Gunn just clears the deck and recasts everyone but Cavill, get all of the old Snyder cast out of there and just soft reboot that franchise entirely.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That’s pretty odd that nothing has changed in The Flash. Maybe Gunn wants to downplay its importance to the future DCU plans. That timeline will just be used for a potential Flash sequel. This was Hamada’s baby, so who knows what the plans will be now.

In addition to having very tough competition, I’m sure all the Ezra Miller stories will be brought up again before its release. That could definitely hurt its box-office.

Aquaman 2 just sounds horrible. A buddy cop movie, the corny jokes are apparently back, Amber Heard in the cast (even if her role is limited), and no China release. This all sounds like a disaster.

Im incredibly excited for Blue Beetle, but call me a pessimist, I don’t think it will be a huge hit. We just saw how general audiences respond to relatively unknown superheroes (Black Adam) that don’t have any connection to beloved Marvel. That one even had one of the biggest stars in Hollywood attached. Plus Blue Beetle being Latino and having characters speaking Spanish will be a turn off for the usual angry racists. I hope they kept the budget in check because if this thing flops, Zaslav may sour on lower tier superhero IPs and want Gunn to only focus on the standards. Gunn has shown that he wants to use a variety of DC characters but Zaslav has the final say.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Birds of prey budget is less and they made MORE money and it flop.

Here is some info on big screen animated 2022 movie.

Is DC League of Super-Pets Hit Or Flop? How’s The Warner Bros’ DC Super-Pets Performed At Box Office?

https://www.thefilmik.com/is-dc-leag...at-box-office/

SO birds of prey and DC League of Super-Pets are flops.
    Wow, the Filmik(????) team said so, so it must be true.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-07-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Black Adam BO's profit, also Black Adam 2 and Hawkman spin-off being already mapped out: https://deadline.com/2022/12/dwayne-...it-1235191135/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Black Adam BO's profit, also Black Adam 2 and Hawkman spin-off being already mapped out: https://deadline.com/2022/12/dwayne-...it-1235191135/
    Honestly this sounds like PR from WBD (which wouldn't surprise me if that was the case).

The Variety article was pointing out that the movie failed to breakeven from box office receipts alone, which is 100% the case. Deadline is claiming that after all ancillaries the movie will be profitable. Both can be true, but it leads to very different headlines.

Also Deadline doesn't seem to be taking into account that only like half of the box office revenue goes to WBD while the rest goes to the theaters. There also seem to be some case of reverse Hollywood Accounting where they are counting the $86m Warner pays itself to HBO MAX as part of the revenue.

Edit: Nevermind, it is taking theatrical cuts into account.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 12-07-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Whether it made profit or not, there are future films, so I'm glad. For lack of China at the box office and the character itself, BA did what I thought it would do.

Keaton and Affleck being removed from Aquaman 2 makes sense. Affleck's future as Batman was already up in the air before the announcement about his new production company with Affleck, and it sounds like the original cameo was teasing a future team-up that may not even happen now in Gunn's new plan. Flash not changing at all is odd if it still ends with the implication Supergirl has replaced Superman in the "proper" timeline, but that's something would obviously be cleared up by future movies at least showing that they both exist.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-07-2022 at 04:07 PM.

The Hollywood spin is amusing and Rock responded it, even bringing up Captain America's box office from 11 years ago. Whether it makes some profit or not, the fact is it performed way below expectations. Why not own up it to instead of making excuses. It's not as if WBD would just stop making DC films because of it or something, that debt isn't going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-08-2022 at 02:06 AM.

Patty Jenkins‘ ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Not Moving Forward as DC Movies Hit Turning Point (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...9da6937cf0601a

Welp. Reboot it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Welp. Reboot it is then.
    Yup, going by that article it certainly sounds like Gunn's plan is a full reboot.

The rest of the DC slate remains in flux, or at least being kept deep in a pocket of Gunn’s own utility belt but there are several rumors and possible scenarios to consider ahead of next week’s meeting.

The first, which builds on the shuttering of Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 3, is the closing curtain of the Snyderverse, and the heroes cast by filmmaker Zack Snyder for his Justice League. This one sees the shutting down of Man of Steel 2, with a returning Henry Cavill, and having no more Aquaman, fronted by Jason Momoa.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 12-07-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Patty Jenkins‘ ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Not Moving Forward as DC Movies Hit Turning Point (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...9da6937cf0601a
    Good. Because jenkins and geoff writing the script again was not a good sign. Too bad that under gunn. WW's future will likely not be good either.

Well, they've already screwed Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The Hollywood spin is amusing and Rock responded it, even bringing up Captain America's box office from 11 years ago. Whether it makes some profit or not, the fact is it performed way below expectations. Why not own up to instead of making excuses. It's not as if WBD would just stop making DC films because of it or something, that debt isn't going away anytime soon.
    Way below? Not, IMO. Black Adam as a character is a hard sell. It would have had 400, if China didn't cancel it. I think it's in line with the character. I don't see much more, unless they team up with Superman or SHAZAM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they've already screwed Wonder Woman.
    Canceling a sequel with the same writers of the WW84 script is not a bad thing. Although They will likely screw WW in the future. When she likely becomes fodder and useless in the next team apopearances she will have. While having no solo projects to kinda counter those bad portrayals.

Holy ****, Cavill, Gadot, and Maoma all gone? Damn full reboot time then.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/