Page 13 of 497 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Starting from scratch might be the better call. The universe is already a mess, the actors are getting older and there is no one in-line to make up a next generation.

I don't think Reeves universe should be the starting point tho.
    I'm with you on that. WW 84 wasn't even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if Gal Gadot's tweet was a negotiation tactic and she already knew that WW3 was getting scrapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Her and Cavill tried the same negotiation technique if so.
    The funniest part about this is that Deadline article claiming that Black Adam will make profit seems obviously like Dwayne Johnson paid for it, especially as the part about Hawkman receiving a solo mysteriously disappeared from the article after the news about Wonder Woman 3 dropped.

Everyone is trying to play the game. The politics is fascinating. It will make for an epic Netflix documentary.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-08-2022 at 01:44 AM.

So what was the point of firing Hamada for wanting a "fresh start" and using The Flash to reboot the Snyderverse when the new regime plans to do the same thing but recast the roles.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-08-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Incredible Member

My advice to the new DC STUDIOS team: one, vet your actors/producer/director better, both personally and politically. We don't want to have another Ezra Miller fiasco, and, if you want the Chinese market, make sure that your actors/producer/actors have ZERO to do with China and their politics (see: BLACK ADAM co-star Pierce Brosnan). And, two, go for small scale, and build upwards. Just because a character is popular with comic book fans, that doesn't necessarily translate to the general audience. I've seen too many instances of rave reviews not translating to box office receipts. You can use the streaming services to put lesser-known characters/concepts on the air as an alternative.

Other than that, good luck.

Go ahead and reboot the universe but at least let some of the actors stay like Gadot, Mamoa and Cavill.

I would be better to let Pattinson and Reeves do their own thing separately. I liked The Batman and want to see more of it.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-08-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Guess it time for Jenkins to start getting some bots and angry social media users to start spamming hashtag slogans.

BANNED

with all these rumors, the image of Kingdom Come, the plan may be a complete reboot, new Superman, Batman, WW, etc, but keep those already known in another universe like Kingdom Come, where they are already older.

Incredible Member

I think this has more to do with time nd age than anything else, to be honest.

They want a reboot, not to be beholden to Snyderverse/DCEU stuff that came before. But they also probably want to have all their most improtant characters (namely the Trinity and th JL) in more or less the same place. They want some late 20s/early 30s Batman, Superman... Not a Superman in his forties already and a Batman that's 20 years his senior (or 40 years if they bring back Keaton). They also probably don't want a rebooted Batman and Superman along with characters with baggage like Gadot's WW or Momoa's Aquaman. This is all about getting a fresh start and I doubt they'd get rid of Gadot and Momoa if Gunn were just interested in the B-list heroes and misfits.

I'm not entirely sure it'll will work financially, though...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s no way they’re leaving Batman out of the new shared universe, and given Reeves was one of the first people Gunn called… maybe Reeves has agreed to place his Batman in a shared universe. Otherwise I can’t imagine they wouldn’t pull the plug on him too.
    But would Pattinson be interested? I always saw him more as someone who like to do this weirder stuff. Then again, his Batman wasn't that physically challening (from an actor's perspective), so maybe a good paycheck is all he needs to be convinced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Reeves universe seems so much more grounded in reality, but who knows?

Man of Steel came from the idea of having Superman in the Nolan universe at first, if i'm not mistaken.
    Even in BvS, they originally wanted Bale back. And even in the finished film, you can see hints of it being some kind of "bad ending version of the Nolan-verse", with the older, more cynical Batman etc...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The ONLY silver lining I see in this WW3 news is apparently the script was indeed co-written by Geoff Johns, so we dodged that nitwit's influence again.

But I have zero hope for Wonder Woman's cinematic future. Frankly, I'll be shocked if she even gets another solo movie again, and I cannot fathom James Gunn having a good sense of what to do with her. He only cares about D-listers and misfit characters. Diana will only exist to be a humorless den mother who gets mocked by Harley and Peacemaker.
    This is so James Gunn it isn't funny. Man! I hope he fights his instincts when dealing with characters that he has no interest in.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So what was the point of firing Hamada for wanting a "fresh start" and using The Flash to reboot the Snyderverse when the new regime plans to do the same thing but recast the roles.
    Hamada’s plan would have kept the shared universe Snyder started going but they wouldn’t have had a Batman or a Superman in it. Zaslav didn’t like that, he wants the DCU to focus on the pillars. Plus under him DC Films typically got better critical scores but made less money than they had under Snyder. Zaslav only cares about money, he wants that MCU setup, and Hamada’s plan veered too far away from that for his liking. Besides why do you care, Hamada was not planning to do anything with Hal Jordan any time soon. For you nothing has changed either way

Come to think of it I expect that GL John Stewart show to get completely scrapped at this point so they can use him for a GL movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    But would Pattinson be interested? I always saw him more as someone who like to do this weirder stuff. Then again, his Batman wasn't that physically challening (from an actor's perspective), so maybe a good paycheck is all he needs to be convinced.
    He'll look so funny in a group of jacked up actors or maybe Gunn will hire and recast with co-stars that don't have an imposing physique. I'll totally be surprised if Pattinson does a shared universe.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm hoping Monkey Prince and some of the new characters get a film or TV show. I don't mind another film reboot but I'm sad Snyder never got to finish his take.

Oh well. I hope Snyder and the old guard get a shot somewhere else. Scoop them up Fiege....

I rather Pattinson/Reeves do their own thing and Gunn explores inherent characters more. Bruce Wayne can wait in line.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2022 at 07:46 AM.

Momoa as Lobo fits, but hearing about another villain characters tied to Gunn makes me worried we'll only get movies with anti-heroes and villains in the future.

I would have liked for WW to finish her trilogy to see them do better and if they wouldn't have done better, than at least WW would have gotten a trilogy. It's the principle of things.

I hope that if they intend to start from scratch that they really do. Anything else will become a mess again. Rather than The Batman, how about starting the new Cinematic Universe with Blue Beetle?