Page 493 of 498 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 7466

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

From the presentation.
    God, this is so generic. What a downgrade from the Man of Steel logo. But, of course, "real DC fans" and Gunn cultists will say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    God, this is so generic. What a downgrade from the Man of Steel logo. But, of course, "real DC fans" and Gunn cultists will say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Get off your high horse, its just the Kingdom Come Superman symbol but in red and yellow instead of red and black

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm mostly indifferent to Joker 2. It looks like the cinematography will be on point and I'm sure audiences will enjoy it, but I don't need more un-Jokered Arthur Fleck or "stripped down" & remixed versions of these characters. Hopefully this film is more focused narratively, as the first one tried to say too many things at once IMO.

I don't mean this to be a jerk, but someone who is really upset about Zack Snyder not getting to make DC movies anymore accusing someone else of being a cultist is extremely funny. You get the irony, right?
    Last edited by Holt; 04-10-2024 at 10:46 AM.

I love MoS but I like this logo better. I was never a fan of that S.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

From the presentation.
    I can dig it, the gold outline is a nice touch. It definitely feels closer to an alien symbol vs. a design Ma Kent would stitch, but that'll remain to be seen

From the presentation.
    Very similar to the MAWS S.

I like this logo but don't associate it with the character angle Gunn is probably going for.

I don't mean this to be a jerk, but someone who is really upset about Zack Snyder not getting to make DC movies anymore accusing someone else of being a cultist is extremely funny. You get the irony, right?
    Amusingly he blocks everyone who says even the mildest criticism of Snyder so I dunno why he comes to a forum full of people he disagrees with. There’s maybe 3 posters whose posts he can even read anymore lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

1. There are no "Gunn cultists." His fans don't live and breathe by his work.

2. There is beautiful simplicity in this new logo. It's simply a hopeful version of the Kingdom Come Superman logo.

It's pretty good, and it's probably a good thing to have a distinctive symbol, but if I'm being honest, I think the bottom yellow area looks too empty. The Kingdom Come symbol usually looks slightly better in this department, though it depends. Probably won't matter too much, especially since the problem probably won't be present at every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    It's pretty good, and it's probably a good thing to have a distinctive symbol, but if I'm being honest, I think the bottom yellow area looks too empty. The Kingdom Come symbol usually looks slightly better in this department, though it depends. Probably won't matter too much, especially since the problem probably won't be present at every angle.
    I was going to say the same - my design brain just wishes where was something on the bottom to indicate the "tail" of the S. That simplified design really worked for KC Superman because with the black background, it was a harsh design which indicated his frame of mind after losing so much. In general, I think it's fine - it certainly makes more sense as a Kryptonian symbol that the classic "S" does after they actually created a Kryptonian language which for some reason doesn't have any of the design aesthetic of his S shield, the one thing they could've used to reverse-engineer what the Kryptonian language looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In general, I think it's fine - it certainly makes more sense as a Kryptonian symbol that the classic "S" does after they actually created a Kryptonian language which for some reason doesn't have any of the design aesthetic of his S shield, the one thing they could've used to reverse-engineer what the Kryptonian language looked like.
    Don't plenty of the characters have a shield-like shape?

From the presentation.
    Reminds me to get around to reading Alan Moore's SUPREME for some good Superman stories. Could do worse than to "borrow" from there.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I like the logo. Oddly enough I didn't even think of Kingdom Come when I first saw it.