Page 180 of 497 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gunn and Safran will offer him a new role.
    Dude has the hair to play Reed Richards so maybe Feige will
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It might be nice if they have him voice Shazam in something even if it's not in the DCU.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The final cut of The Flash is finally completed (again?) and the film was rated PG-13 by the MPA for sequences of violence and action, some strong language and partial nudity: https://www.filmratings.com/Search?filmTitle=the+flash
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-24-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Because.. "it doesn't matter what you think"
    I needed that. lmao!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Levi’s recent post about Shazam 2

Dude’s clearly not handling it well.
    He's doing about as well as the box office.

I feel for the dude, I haven't enjoyed anything I have seen him in but I got no personal gripe.

But the movie looked really bad. It's not that they went for a humorous family tone but how they executed it. People knew it was coming It was attached to Avatar 2 the biggest movie of the year. millions of people saw that trailer and honestly I think that hurt the movie a lot more than it helped. The trailer was very very bad in my opinion and it painted a really bleak picture of this movie from a visual, acting, everything perspective.

When you pair that with the fact that the DC logo before a movie for the last what 15 years has been essentially a kiss of death for the majority of the movie going audience, It shouldn't really be a mystery why this movie is bombing like it is.

After watching Shazam battle the Dragon and Kalypso, I got instantly VERY irritated with The Rock. Love him and all he did for wrestling and his overall character, but he REALLY killed Shazam by being petty and thinking he is bigger and better than the people that know. We get it, you want to be the biggest Anti-Hero around BUT to be there you need to earn your status and not have it gifted to you. To get to Supes you need to work up to Supes and by facing Shazam you do that, though if you did square off against Shazam, you should win via DQ or something to protect Shazam...You don't get to vault to the #1 contender. You know that...All you did was make Shazam less than he should be...All the lessons you learned as a WWE wrestler lost to your ego...Just like what would happen if you tried that crap in wrestling...Just ask your Uce, Roman...

Anway, it Pis...Ed me off and it's a shame that we probably wont get to see it on the big screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

I feel for the dude, I haven't enjoyed anything I have seen him in but I got no personal gripe.

But the movie looked really bad. It's not that they went for a humorous family tone but how they executed it. People knew it was coming It was attached to Avatar 2 the biggest movie of the year. millions of people saw that trailer and honestly I think that hurt the movie a lot more than it helped. The trailer was very very bad in my opinion and it painted a really bleak picture of this movie from a visual, acting, everything perspective.

When you pair that with the fact that the DC logo before a movie for the last what 15 years has been essentially a kiss of death for the majority of the movie going audience, It shouldn't really be a mystery why this movie is bombing like it is.
    I don't think the trailer looked that bad. It just there wasn't a lot that really stood out from it compared to other comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the trailer looked that bad. It just there wasn't a lot that really stood out from it compared to other comic book movies.
    People are sick of “well THAT just happened!” type humor, and the Shazam 2 trailer made it look like FotG would be full of it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People are sick of “well THAT just happened!” type humor, and the Shazam 2 trailer made it look like FotG would be full of it.
    From what I hear, so was Quantumania .

I don't know, maybe Rock was right to stay away from Shazam. Yeah, Black Adam lost money, but Shazam might become one of the biggest superhero flops. Reports are now in that it had 70% drop for second weekend.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Just gonna say I very much disagree. I thought the trailer was one of the best ones for a comic book movie we've seen in years tbh. And the movie itself is actually quite good and the special effects are actually impressive for something with such a low budget.

And honestly, I do feel for him. You can tell he loves this franchise so much and he loves getting to play this character. And I dug the movie. The first one was better but this one is really fun.

They should have done more to push this film. They literally just like released two trailers on the internet and that was that. No spots on TV that I saw. No endorsements or brand partnerships. Yeah, I get that the studio is in debt, but like come on...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know, maybe Rock was right to stay away from Shazam. Yeah, Black Adam lost money, but Shazam might become one of the biggest superhero flops. Reports are now in that it had 70% drop for second weekend.
    Which is ironic since FOTG is the much better film if we're being completely honest.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-24-2023 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Just gonna say I very much disagree. I thought the trailer was one of the best ones for a comic book movie we've seen in years tbh. And the movie itself is actually quite good and the special effects are actually impressive for something with such a low budget.

And honestly, I do feel for him. You can tell he loves this franchise so much and he loves getting to play this character. And I dug the movie. The first one was better but this one is really fun.

They should have done more to push this film. They literally just like released two trailers on the internet and that was that. No spots on TV that I saw. No endorsements or brand partnerships. Yeah, I get that the studio is in debt, but like come on...

Which is ironic since FOTG is the much better film if we're being completely honest.
    Shazam did so bad that I don’t know if more advertising would have made that huge of a difference. Audiences just had such little interest in this movie that no amount of ad hype was gonna save it. It’s apparently doing terrible overseas too.

Even if WB did a big ad blitz the week before it opened and it increased the box office by $10 million. That still would have been around $14 million less than the first movie’s opening weekend.

Unlike Black Adam, it seems like most fans who watched it have enjoyed Fury of the Gods. So maybe it will have a second life on streaming and more people will discover it down the line.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-25-2023 at 12:21 AM.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing any Shazam related characters anytime in the future. This film outright bombed! And we saw what WB did to one of their A-list characters when their film bombed (Green Lantern). The Shazam franchise is dead for now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be seeing any Shazam related characters anytime in the future. This film outright bombed! And we saw what WB did to one of their A-list characters when their film bombed (Green Lantern). The Shazam franchise is dead for now
    Sadly it's hard to disagree with this. Unless Mark Waid's Shazam run becomes some runaway success or something like Johns' GL run did, they're most certainly going to shelve Shazam and Black Adam for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Which is petty honestly. Marvel pushed out 3 Ant Man films and we clearly see that he's the odd man out in stars in the MCU. GL was shackled with being the start of a cinematic universe.