Page 364 of 499 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 7475

Thread: DCU Movies

At this point I'm just waiting for official confirmation they're adapting Strange Adventures just to cement the complete screwing over of Adam Strange.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I'm just waiting for official confirmation they're adapting Strange Adventures just to cement the complete screwing over of Adam Strange.

Astonishing Member

There was a rumor a few days ago, that they're working on it.
    But apparently, currently King is attached to Green Lanterns project.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There was a rumor a few days ago, that they're working on it.
    But apparently, currently King is attached to Green Lanterns project.
    Ah, I see.

I guess if you want Hal and John to be True Detective-esque protagonists, Tom King would help with that.

There’s repeatedly been rumors that is one of the projects in the works. Recently there was another one, and the latest rumor also said Gunn has concept art of Brainiac drones. Honestly it should come as no surprise, Mr. Terrific is in Legacy, King is one of the key writers, it’s definitely happening at some point. Best you can hope for is maybe they don’t go as hard on Adam Strange being a bad guy, maybe he just gets brainwashed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or.... use Davis and Cena to establish the new normal.

You allude to the idea that people would watch just because they're there.
    You don't establish the new normal with the old guard.

And I don't think people will watch these films and shows just because Davis is there. I fear the opposite; that the presence of the old guard will tell casual fans that despite some (admittedly big) recasting elsewhere, this is still fundamentally the same DC. WB and Gunn/Safran really, really need to separate the new stuff from the old, and bringing parts of the DCEU with them into the new stuff isn't gonna help with that. Even the good bits of the DCEU are still DCEU, something even the most casual moviegoer has learned to avoid.

Again, not a big issue. I don't think this will make or break the box office or anything. But given the poor state WB/DC is in why risk connecting your new material to the very stuff you're trying to distance yourself from? The whole point here is to start over, how does it make any sense to 'start over' with the same faces?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

King wouldn't be the only writer but still he gave us the best writing for Hal Jordan between 2004 and 2018, so I'm not worried. Same rumours have Damon Lindelof as executive producer which is huge.

Can't wait to see their take on Booster Gold:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s repeatedly been rumors that is one of the projects in the works. Recently there was another one, and the latest rumor also said Gunn has concept art of Brainiac drones. Honestly it should come as no surprise, Mr. Terrific is in Legacy, King is one of the key writers, it’s definitely happening at some point. Best you can hope for is maybe they don’t go as hard on Adam Strange being a bad guy, maybe he just gets brainwashed.
    I mean, it basically becomes about the story and promoting Mr. Terrific while tearing down Adam Strange, and I can't get behind that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    People only get upset about "hair color" when the actor isn't white.

If it was truly a purist thing (although in a sense it is) there'd be heat for everyone, and it's not.
    Not really. People threw a fit about Daniel Craig bring too blond and too short to play 007. I imagine that people wouldn't love a blond haired Superman. If they ever did a classic version of Wally West in the movies, I'd prefer it be a redhead since that feels so much a part of him. Plenty of people complained about Ezra Miller's Barry Allen not looking like his blond haired comic counterpart.

Honestly, I don't think it makes or breaks an adaptation. I think it's nice when the character resembles their comic counterpart, but it's not the be-all and end-all and I think it depends on the character. Some characters, especially ones that don't wear masks, have more distinct and iconic looks that are more important than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You don't establish the new normal with the old guard.

And I don't think people will watch these films and shows just because Davis is there. I fear the opposite; that the presence of the old guard will tell casual fans that despite some (admittedly big) recasting elsewhere, this is still fundamentally the same DC. WB and Gunn/Safran really, really need to separate the new stuff from the old, and bringing parts of the DCEU with them into the new stuff isn't gonna help with that. Even the good bits of the DCEU are still DCEU, something even the most casual moviegoer has learned to avoid.

Again, not a big issue. I don't think this will make or break the box office or anything. But given the poor state WB/DC is in why risk connecting your new material to the very stuff you're trying to distance yourself from? The whole point here is to start over, how does it make any sense to 'start over' with the same faces?
    I don't see it as a risk. i see it more as going "this is what we're keeping". Also, I don't think the casual movie goer actually dislikes the DCEU to the extent you do.

Comics thrive on having an in-universe history to build on. Flashpoint paradox was a gimmick to let them use or ignore ANYTHING they'd done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So you're proven wrong but now it's all these stipulations?
    No, more like I was presented with technically correct answers but they feel like such "meh, i guess kinda yeah?" exceptions. Like the most accurate to comic hair color was the one from almost 20 years ago, and the other two are so subtle as to not really be noticeable to me until actually pointed out it feels like a "aha! gotcha with the worst examples!" kinda thing to me. I don't know how much you really expect from me, like the examples given while technically yeah sure, feels personally more like proof that you shouldn't hold your breath expecting the dye jobs. But to each their own.

If it was truly a purist thing (although in a sense it is) there'd be heat for everyone, and it's not.
    I'm not upset about the hair color, I just think it's silly to keep asking for it when a POC is cast.
    Hell, I think it's silly to keep asking for it when white people are cast. Bruce has had black hair what, just with Keaton and Clooney? And I need to rewatch Keaton cause I think his hair might've been brown...

Thus far the carry overs from the DCEU are restricted to Max shows. Waller and Peacemaker are on Max, not in Legacy or the other movies. Maybe that will change, but the idea that people won’t go see Legacy because those shows exist doesn’t strike me as plausible. If people stay away it’s because the DC brand as a whole is in the toilet with Batman being the one exception, and if Gunn can’t overcome that then no point making any more DC movies at all. Scrap the whole thing, stick to Batman, and maybe try again in a decade or two.

With Legacy, Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Lex, and everyone else is being played by new actors. People will get it’s a reboot and the old stuff doesn’t count. If anything DCU Batman will have a tougher time because they’re doing another reboot meant to stand alongside the already popular Reeves Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I personally prefer then to even have the right hair color... even after I accepted Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, I still thought "He's pretty good as Barry... even though he's not blond." So of course Ezra was almost a no-go, since he didn't act like Barry AND he didn't look like him. Actually, now that I think about it.... most blond superheroes are now brunette. I definitely prefer them to look like the character. Hair dye and wigs are a thing.

But that's me.

Astonishing Member

If rumors are true, DCU has actually got a pretty huge set of creative talents so far.
    Gunn, Mangold, Lindelof, Vaughn. Unfortunately, the weak link so far is Muschietti, which is very strange, considering that Brave and Bold is supposed to be one of the most important DCU projects.