Page 254 of 499 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 7480

Thread: DCU Movies

Box Office Theory predicts $350-400m worldwide box office total for The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Box Office Theory predicts $350-400m worldwide box office total for The Flash.
    Yikes. James Gunn has a lot ahead of him to turn things around for the dc brand.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    spoilers:
    Ezra's Flash potentially exiled to the Schumacherverse is such a funny ending to their character.
    end of spoilers
    It’s a hilarious ending for the Snyderverse as a whole. Banished to the wayside with the other biggest DC Film franchise embarrassment
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm not going to miss Miller and am entirely fine with a new actor and a new take on Flash, but I thought this was a pretty good movie (a bit messy in places and a little too much comedy but at least most of it was actually funny). So my fear is that this is going to do to the Flash what the Green Lantern film did to that property and we're not going to get another live action Flash any time soon, if ever. I definitely understand the discomfort with watching Miller, but I worry the character of Barry Allen is going down with him, which would really suck.
    Best Case Scenario they introduce a new Flash in the Gunn-verse Justice League film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Best Case Scenario they introduce a new Flash in the Gunn-verse Justice League film.
    Yeah. I'm holding out hope that it'll be Wally West.

As far as Ezra Miller goes, I've never been the greatest fan of his portrayal so far, but again, I'll reserve judgement until I see him in this film. If he really does set the world on fire, and TPTB become adamant about retaining him, then I do hope he goes to rehab and gets thoroughly cleaned up first - to say nothing of having his legal issues resolved.

But who knows? Kevin Spacey is apparently on the verge of a comeback, so anything's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

As far as Ezra Miller goes, I've never been the greatest fan of his portrayal so far, but again, I'll reserve judgement until I see him in this film. If he really does set the world on fire, and TPTB become adamant about retaining him, then I do hope he goes to rehab and gets thoroughly cleaned up first - to say nothing of having his legal issues resolved.

But who knows? Kevin Spacey is apparently on the verge of a comeback, so anything's possible.
    I'm still holding up hope I'll get a live-action version of Barry and Hal together someday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    The Flash is currently at 68% on rotten tomatoes. Yikes.
    Probably the bits with Keatonman and SG putting people off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Yeah, and I like Wally, but that's kinda my point. There goes my favorite character although it's likely the Flash property will be viewed as toxic. The general public doesn't really know the difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    spoilers:
    Ezra's Flash potentially exiled to the Schumacherverse is such a funny ending to their character.
    end of spoilers
    I don't mind the ending (and it's a reset DCEU with elements of that other timeline, not literally that exact timeline), but I don't like the idea of someone like Gunn coming in to alter the movie's resolution to essentially give a big meta "wasn't all of this so stupid and the actor awful?" to basically screw up the story as a middle finger to the real life people involved. It just seems childish and petty to mock and punish the movie characters for the sins of Snyderbros or Ezra Miller or whatever. I hate that wink at the audience shit, especially when it takes you out of the movie.

I don't know if that's what Gunn intended, but that seems to be how people are interpreting it. Honestly, I hope they just leave all of these characters in their own universe after 2023 because the discourse over the DCEU and this movie in particular has gotten so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't mind the ending (and it's a reset DCEU with elements of that other timeline, not literally that exact timeline), but I don't like the idea of someone like Gunn coming in to alter the movie's resolution to essentially give a big meta "wasn't all of this so stupid and the actor awful?" to basically screw up the story as a middle finger to the real life people involved. It just seems childish and petty to mock and punish the movie characters for the sins of Snyderbros or Ezra Miller or whatever. I hate that wink at the audience shit, especially when it takes you out of the movie.

I don't know if that's what Gunn intended, but that seems to be how people are interpreting it. Honestly, I hope they just leave all of these characters in their own universe after 2023 because the discourse over the DCEU and this movie in particular has gotten so tired.
    I don't know Gunn personally but that sounds kind of out of character for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    If it grosses under 400 million, I'd imagine even characters like Margot Robbie's Harley will be on the chopping block. You'd need to remove anything even remotely connected to the previous universe. Not sure how John Cena would play into this
    Don't see the logic considering The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker's critical and apparent streaming success. The Viola Davis Waller show is scheduled to come out just before Superman: Legacy and Peacemaker Season 2 sometime after it, so that corner of the universe is safe. The Flash didn't even receive TSS/Peacemaker level rave reviews like WB/DC was hoping it to, so they'll probably just blame Miller for its failure and part ways with them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    And secret invasion at 65 ! Yikes
    Secret Invasion Currently.
    73%
    7.10 out of 10
    So it's gone up.

OMG! A Director hires people he is comfortable working with, that do good work! NO!!!! HOW CAN HE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know Gunn personally but that sounds kind of out of character for him.
    It doesn't seem likely to me, either. I wasn't accusing him. I just meant that I hate that kind of sentiment and hopefully he wouldn't be that petty. It's just now we've got this interpretation I've seem all over that it's a deliberate middle finger to Miller and the DCEU versions of the characters and people seem to either relish that idea or be really angry about it and I'm just ready for this iteration of the characters to be over.

Personally, as I've said, I find it to be just a funny, Twilight Zone-ish ending myself. I didn't take it as a slight against anybody.