Page 294 of 497 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

I really hope it does well, but they need to stop saying crap like: THIS film will point the way forward to the DCU..............we haven't heard that before........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

I can't stop thinking they move Jaime away from El Paso to another city to try to avoid some conflict, since México and Texas have a rocky relationship, more specifically, North East Mexican states and cities like El Paso.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The reasoning to move Jaime to Palmera City was to give the character his own fictional city to mirror DCEU heroes like Superman and Batman:

The trailer, which dropped this morning, opens with an "I love Palmera City" sign, and the locale gets name-dropped a few more times along the way.

Further establishing that the movie takes place in the DC Universe rather than the real world, Jaime is handed the Blue Beetle Scarab inside of a box from Big Belly Burger. ComicBook.com attented the Blue Beelte trailer event which featured a press Q&A with director Angel Manuel Soto and star Xolo Maridueña, where they talked about the decision.

"To bring Palmera City to the screen is fantastic in its own regard because Jaime, as we were discussing, Blue Beetle, the vision was to have Blue Beetle be on the same level as someone like a Superman or a Batman who have Gotham or Metropolis or cities that are the beating hearts of the themes of the comics, and to create a world for Jaime and to create a world where he feels he fits was really such a humbling and honoring experience as well," Xolo Maridueña said.

Angel Manuel Soto added, "We introduced Palmera City as trying to put Jaime in a city that kind of like the same thing like Xolo said. Superman has Metropolis, Central City for the Flash, Gotham. Why doesn't he have his own city? He's f*cking dope. And that doesn't mean that El Paso is not dope. El Paso is awesome, and El Paso is very much present in the life of the family. But in service of positioning Blue Beetle as a potential leader in the DCU, Palmera City came to life, and thanks to Palmera City as well and the bigger world-building around it is what got us the theatrical."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/bl...ity-explained/

I really need Blue Beetle to not flop but where is the marketing?? The actor's guild is on the verge of a strike so the cast may not even be allowed to promote the film after next week or so.

I love the fact that Jaime got his own city. That’s a big step for a DC superhero. Really not a fan of putting them in real world cities. I hate when Green Arrow lives in Seattle and not Star City.

Using fictional cities allows the creators to shape the landscape to better fit the hero and the cities themselves can become characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I really need Blue Beetle to not flop but where is the marketing?? The actor's guild is on the verge of a strike so the cast may not even be allowed to promote the film after next week or so.
    Basically every movie seems to be flopping with a few exceptions, so I honestly have no high hopes for this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The reasoning to move Jaime to Palmera City was to give the character his own fictional city to mirror DCEU heroes like Superman and Batman:

The trailer, which dropped this morning, opens with an "I love Palmera City" sign, and the locale gets name-dropped a few more times along the way.

Further establishing that the movie takes place in the DC Universe rather than the real world, Jaime is handed the Blue Beetle Scarab inside of a box from Big Belly Burger. ComicBook.com attented the Blue Beelte trailer event which featured a press Q&A with director Angel Manuel Soto and star Xolo Maridueña, where they talked about the decision.

"To bring Palmera City to the screen is fantastic in its own regard because Jaime, as we were discussing, Blue Beetle, the vision was to have Blue Beetle be on the same level as someone like a Superman or a Batman who have Gotham or Metropolis or cities that are the beating hearts of the themes of the comics, and to create a world for Jaime and to create a world where he feels he fits was really such a humbling and honoring experience as well," Xolo Maridueña said.

Angel Manuel Soto added, "We introduced Palmera City as trying to put Jaime in a city that kind of like the same thing like Xolo said. Superman has Metropolis, Central City for the Flash, Gotham. Why doesn't he have his own city? He's f*cking dope. And that doesn't mean that El Paso is not dope. El Paso is awesome, and El Paso is very much present in the life of the family. But in service of positioning Blue Beetle as a potential leader in the DCU, Palmera City came to life, and thanks to Palmera City as well and the bigger world-building around it is what got us the theatrical."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/bl...ity-explained/
    God I love everything that I hear about this film. Really hoping that it's going to hit it out of the park unlike all DC's other movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love the fact that Jaime got his own city. That’s a big step for a DC superhero. Really not a fan of putting them in real world cities. I hate when Green Arrow lives in Seattle and not Star City.

Using fictional cities allows the creators to shape the landscape to better fit the hero and the cities themselves can become characters.
    Yeah, I kind of like Jaime having his own fictional city. That's part of a superhero's identity in DC, I feel.

I also think the suit looks fantastic. I always liked Jaime and thought he had a potential as a character, so I really hope the movie is good and does well. The trailer looked sort of generic, but it's being released against not much competition and there's a big Latino market for films. It also has a pretty modest budget, I think, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

Kind of depends on if your Mexican girlfriend enjoys superhero movies or not.
    Well, she loved Into the Spiderverse and seems hyped by the trailer, so that's a start !

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Basically every movie seems to be flopping with a few exceptions, so I honestly have no high hopes for this movie.
    It’s definitely got a lot going against it. A basically unknown character, it’s and origin story (something people are pretty sick of seeing), and it has those two toxic letter attached to it “D. C.”

But a positive note is that the trailer got a huge reaction on social media. It had more views, was trending longer, and was shared far more on Tik Tok than The Flash and Black Adam. So it generated some excitement with younger fans, which is exactly the audience that WB was hoping to bring in with Blue Beetle.

Plus Xolo seems like a great guy and has a big following because of Cobra Kai. He’s basically the Bizarro Ezra Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I just hope it performs well by the standards of the current market and climate, and WB/DC's position therein. We don't need a super huge gazillion $$$ box office smash hit, we just need a respectable profit that won't embarrass the studio and positive word of mouth/reviews.

If folks walk out of this saying its the best DC movie they've seen in years and it actually got them looking forward to more, that's the real victory.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s definitely got a lot going against it. A basically unknown character, it’s and origin story (something people are pretty sick of seeing), and it has those two toxic letter attached to it “D. C.”

But a positive note is that the trailer got a huge reaction on social media. It had more views, was trending longer, and was shared far more on Tik Tok than The Flash and Black Adam. So it generated some excitement with younger fans, which is exactly the audience that WB was hoping to bring in with Blue Beetle.

Plus Xolo seems like a great guy and has a big following because of Cobra Kai. He’s basically the Bizarro Ezra Miller
    At the very least it isn't associated with a single controversy or trying to revive an old property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I really hope it does well, but they need to stop saying crap like: THIS film will point the way forward to the DCU..............we haven't heard that before........
    The hierarchy of power is about to...

Seriously, though, I do hope it does well. Seems the most promising film they've had in awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    WB is probably going to keep marketing costs really low thanks to Erza causing The Flash to bomb.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

In the age of social media, marketing costs shouldnt even be as big as they still are.