Page 315 of 497 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Man, I'm one of the people who really want Blue Beetle to be good, but have doubts due to DC's track record, but it's so sad that if the movie proves to actually be good, it might still end up a bomb through no fault of its own.

Don't know if my family will want to see it in theaters, but I'm planning on going. It does look like my kind of deal.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 07-21-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Man, I'm one of the people who really want Blue Beetle to be good, but have doubts due to DC's track record, but it's so sad that if the movie proves to actually be good, it might still end up a bomb through no fault of its own.

Don't know if my family will want to see it in theaters, but I'm planning on going. It does look like my kind of deal.
    It might get more people into the theater if those who enjoyed it recommend it to others, but that's really the only thing left that could save the movie from failing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People really love method acting, huh?
    She's been method acting since she came on the scene lol

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She's been method acting since she came on the scene lol
    Or maybe she's like Batman. 'Stefani Germanotta' is the mask, Lady Gaga is the real her.

Fantastic Member

So my friend put The Flash on his Plex and I watched it. I went in with pretty low expectations but I love Keaton Batman so seeing it in was inevitable.

It was kind of shocking? It's a really poorly made flick. I didn't expect it to be as...stupid as it was? Like it played a lot like a 2000s stoner comedy. I definitely laughed a lot at how absurd a lot of it was. Barry's exasperation at how stupid and annoying other Barry is was probably the thing that played most. But also the scenes where they just stuck Ezra's face on someone else we're really distracting. If the movie was an absurdist comedy by design, maybe there's something.

But it really just feels like a mess. And not all the comedy lands. And a lot of undermines any kind of drama or stakes.

The needle drops didn't play and there's too many of them. The VFX ranged from really bad to "was this made by AI". Not only was the quality not good visually but the things being rendered on screen were pretty boring and unimaginative. I was especially not into how it looked when Barry ran long distances in slow motion. spoilers:
    The baby sequence that's supposed to an artistic choice to "be from the Flash's point of view" just looks like bad CGI with a yellow filter thrown over it to seem like we're looking through his googles. Didn't love it. The CGI looked really bad.
    end of spoilers

The emotional beats didn't really land. The lack of a real antagonist hurt. Barry and Barry take up so much real estate there's almost no room for anyone else. Michael Shannon sounded like he delivered his lines on the phone in the bathroom. Supergirl was pretty nothing. spoilers:
    Dark Flash was a total dud. Just not an interesting character. Hideous and typical bad movie spikey garbage design. Not even a cool action scene
    end of spoilers

Worst of all, I thought Keaton's showing as Batman was really embarrassing. It felt like every other line he had was a callback to Batman 89. The performance didn't feel like a continuation of Burton's Batman. spoilers:
    there's a scene where does some dramatic bat gadget stuff and then suddenly and with great flourish...pulls out a tape measurer and asks how much they weigh (because he asked Vikki that in the other, much MUCH MUCH better movie!)
    end of spoilers I almost died laughing.

I did not find the Batman stuff here impressive and I'm now at next to no faith in The Brave and the Bold. I was so disappointed at how little there was to enjoy with the Batman stuff. It was all call backs. And his fight scene was just fine. spoilers:
    Seeing him die uselessly over and over certainly was a choice. Especially after he suicide bombs a clearly shielded ship
    end of spoilers

Tldr

The Flash made the amount of money it deserved.
    Last edited by Coop; 07-21-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

It appears Cinemark is DONE with the Flash.

While I was looking movies at my theater where Barbie has 20 showings.

The Flash and Indy was not there.

Spiderverse, Transformers, The Little Mermaid and Elementals had no showings after 4.

Oppenheimer-at one Cinemark has every single showing SOLD OUT including one for 2 am tomorrow morning.
    Every Spanish language showing of Barbie and Oppenhemer was sold out too.

There are no showings of Flash in Texas it seems.

Something very appropriate about there being a poster of The Flash (a massive bomb) next the entrance for the screen that played Oppenheimer at my local theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Something very appropriate about there being a poster of The Flash (a massive bomb) next the entrance for the screen that played Oppenheimer at my local theater.
    Oh God I was a teenager in the 90's so pre 9/11 era and I can just imagine if Flash had been out then one of my A-Hole friends one in particular yelling "Hey there's a bomb in the theater".

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New Blue Beetle spot: https://twitter.com/bluebeetle/statu...07341319176192

Xolo talks briefly about the film: https://twitter.com/Bluebeetlenews/s...98927545548801

First listen of the Blue Beetle score by Bobby Krlic: https://twitter.com/REMEZCLA/status/1682118967454777344

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New Blue Beetle spot: https://twitter.com/bluebeetle/statu...07341319176192

Xolo talks briefly about the film: https://twitter.com/Bluebeetlenews/s...98927545548801

First listen of the Blue Beetle score by Bobby Krlic: https://twitter.com/REMEZCLA/status/1682118967454777344
    It seems like the internet has turned on the movie. There was a lot of positivity initially but now it’s the usual doom and gloom and trolls celebrating its forecasted bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It seems like the internet has turned on the movie. There was a lot of positivity initially but now it’s the usual doom and gloom and trolls celebrating its forecasted bombing.
    Honestly, if it bombs, I'd rather WB drops the superhero movies for a time and entirely drop the shared universes...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, if it bombs, I'd rather WB drops the superhero movies for a time and entirely drop the shared universes...
    Drop the shared universe yes, drop superheroes no. I still want to see sequels to The Batman, and I still have hope for at least one good new Superman movie. Probably not Gunn's though...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Man, I'm one of the people who really want Blue Beetle to be good, but have doubts due to DC's track record,
    If it is as fun as Shazam, I would allready be happy.

Unfortunately Shazam was also not a big box office draw.