Page 500 of 500 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500
Results 7,486 to 7,499 of 7499

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The MCU has what? Over 20 films that made profit. Over 10 that hit billion? They can survive The Marvels flopping lol.

The Marvels flopped, yes. But let's not act like Superman, one of the biggest superheroes doing ok numbers is considered anything great.
    It does not matter how many successful hits you had in the past. Star Wars was historically the largest franchise in history and the Force Awakens made more domestically than any Marvel movie, but Star Wars is now universally believed to be a dead franchise. It looks like the same thing is happening to the MCU, except worse, because Star Wars was not getting megaflops like the MCU is now.

DC did the right thing back in 2022 and frankly, they are now years ahead of Marvel at this point. James Gun's Superman film releases the same year as Cap 4, a film that is a sequel to a forgotten Disney+ show from 2021 and is being reshot again from the beginning...I don't know if Gunn's new DC universe will be successful, but I know Cap 4 won't be.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The last time DCEU had a successful movie was in 2019...MCU can definitely afford a couple of flops, especially since their next movie is a guaranteed money-maker.
    The Batman came out in 2021 though and was a huge success. I am away you said DCEU, but that doesn't matter anymore. We're talking about future DC projects here that have nothing to do with the DCEU

As for Deadpool 3, its not going to make money at all. Maybe on paper, but it was bought of Disney's 71 billion acquisition of Fox, they already overspent to get it made. As for its on paper success we got two options a) If it does well, the MCU still collapses b) If it does poorly, the MCU still collapses.

The Batman and, arguable the Joker, doing well didn't save the DCEU. Neither will a Fox X-Men film, even if it has an MCU coat of paint.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The Batman came out in 2021 though and was a huge success. I am away you said DCEU, but that doesn't matter anymore. We're talking about future DC projects here that have nothing to do with the DCEU

As for Deadpool 3, its not going to make money at all. Maybe on paper, but it was bought of Disney's 71 billion acquisition of Fox, they already overspent to get it made. As for its on paper success we got two options a) If it does well, the MCU still collapses b) If it does poorly, the MCU still collapses.

The Batman and, arguable the Joker, doing well didn't save the DCEU. Neither will a Fox X-Men film, even if it has an MCU coat of paint.
    DCEU fans are something else...

Extraordinary Member

Also, if you add the Disney+ productions...Secret Invasion was obviously a major flop
    Secret Invasion did not flop and was it in the 10 top for original streaming shows for each episode.

Some examples.
    https://www.ratingsryan.com/2023/07/...ending_22.html
    https://www.ratingsryan.com/2023/08/...ending_42.html
    Last edited by mace11; Yesterday at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Secret Invasion did not flop and was it in the 10 top for original streaming shows for each episode.

Some examples.
    It definitely flopped critically!

Some examples.
    From what I remember argument was that it had low viewership when compared to other MCU shows, while having bigger budget.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It does not matter how many successful hits you had in the past. Star Wars was historically the largest franchise in history and the Force Awakens made more domestically than any Marvel movie, but Star Wars is now universally believed to be a dead franchise. It looks like the same thing is happening to the MCU, except worse, because Star Wars was not getting megaflops like the MCU is now.

DC did the right thing back in 2022 and frankly, they are now years ahead of Marvel at this point. James Gun's Superman film releases the same year as Cap 4, a film that is a sequel to a forgotten Disney+ show from 2021 and is being reshot again from the beginning...I don't know if Gunn's new DC universe will be successful, but I know Cap 4 won't be.
    It certainly matters.

Star Wars cant be seen as a dead franchise when it has 3-4 tv shows and a whole new slew of movies coming out. That is the furthest from dead you can get.

1-2 MCU films that flopped arent killing the brand. You seem to ignore that GotG 3 and BP 2 both were very successful films.

Some examples.
    It flopped. Being in the top 10 streaming shows does not make it a success. It had a $212 million dollar budget. It was expected to do A LOT BETTER than what it did.

So the MCU had been a failure since it didnt make Disney back the $4billion they spent on it until 6-7 movies in. Ok.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; Yesterday at 10:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Some examples.
    While I didn't necessarily think it was the best, I enjoyed it, personally, so this is good to hear.

DCEU fans are something else...
    Aren't they, though?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

but Star Wars is now universally believed to be a dead franchise.
    ‘THE PHANTOM MENACE’ earned $8.1M in the film’s domestic re-release.

Second highest grossing re-release in the past decade.
    Nah, sorry, doesn't seem like it's dead.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest...es-1235902825/

Least it was *only* the second biggest box office flop thanks to The Marvels. Doubt we are getting another Flash movie any time soon. Maybe even never, I think he’ll be strictly a TV/animation character from now on.
    This is a bloodbath everyone saw coming.

We can throw the Flash on the pile of other DC properties that will never see the big screen solo again.

Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Suicide Squad
    Birds of Prey
    Blue Beetle
    The Flash
    Shazam and Black Adam
    After WW84 failed and Patty Jenkins alleged blow up at WB for not moving forward with WW3. Diana’s probably on WB’s shit list too.

WB/DC certainly played its part in killing the superhero genre.
    Same with Sony. Morbius and Madame Web.
    Same with Disney/Marvel. The Marvels, Ant-Man 3, the Disney+ shows, Eternals.

It’s like George Lucas said decades ago. Executives know these IPs make money. But they don’t know how or why.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; Yesterday at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This is a bloodbath everyone saw coming.

We can throw the Flash on the pile of other DC properties that will never see the big screen solo again.

Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Suicide Squad
    Birds of Prey
    Blue Beetle
    The Flash
    Shazam and Black Adam
    After WW84 failed and Patty Jenkins alleged blow up at WB for not moving forward with WW3. Diana’s probably on WB’s shit list too.

WB/DC certainly played its part in killing the superhero genre.
    Same with Sony. Morbius and Madame Web.
    Same with Disney/Marvel. The Marvels, Ant-Man 3, the Disney+ shows, Eternals.

It’s like George Lucas said decades ago. Executives know these IPs make money. But they don’t know how or why.
    I doubt they'll bench JL forever. It's their most recognizable property after Batman and Superman.

The last time DCEU had a successful movie was in 2019...MCU can definitely afford a couple of flops, especially since their next movie is a guaranteed money-maker.
    There upcoming slate looks like a bunch of flops incoming. Is anyone really excited for a reshot Captain America 4 (Anthony Mackie isn’t a star), Thunderbolts?, Blade? Fantastic Four? It’s like the MCU turned into the new DCEU and is just throwing projects at the wall and seeing what sticks
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fantastic Member

I doubt they'll bench JL forever. It's their most recognizable property after Batman and Superman.
    Joker and Harley Quinn are way more recognizable than Justice League.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    There upcoming slate looks like a bunch of flops incoming. Is anyone really excited for a reshot Captain America 4 (Anthony Mackie isn’t a star), Thunderbolts?, Blade? Fantastic Four? It’s like the MCU turned into the new DCEU and is just throwing projects at the wall and seeing what sticks
    I mean it still looks more promising than Gunn's DCU lineup which has exactly one surefire hit i.e. Batman and that hasn't even started development.

Fantastic Four were one of the most anticipated movies after X-Men and the anticipation for it is much more than for Gunn's Superman.

Bucky and Yelena are extremely popular characters which will definitely help Thunderbolts.

Blade has the benefit of having a successful trilogy in the 90s so its not like it's obscure.