Page 123 of 497 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 7447

Thread: DCU Movies

I'm surprised Gunn didn't shoot that rumor down.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-07-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm surprised Gunn didn't shot that rumor down.
    He can’t address every dipshit who claims something, otherwise any time he doesn’t people will take it as true. Plus debunking “scoopers” is just a hobby for him
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can whoever put "hellblazing ahead" in that title be banned from the internet?

But I like puns.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Supervillains are "mwahaha!i kill .i conquer..i bad"..i saw none of that.The entire climax was focused on clark and people.Otherwise there was no need to for that.Like i said they could have done a superman vs artic giant-esque kaiju battle(that's another whole can of worms).They didn't.
    Superman getting knocked around isn't a problem for me.Him incompetent is.Here i saw no sign of incompetence.

Btw,in the last post i meant "it wasn't goldenage superman vs artic giant kinda fight".my typo
    I'm mainly thinking of how he was like when he was still more humanoid and fighting Superman and Martian Manhunter. He seemed to be really getting off on his powers, no matter if he had to kill people because of it.

I think my issue is more Superman seeming ineffectual and just not a very creative direction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    That is GREAT news. See: the finished Justice League movie (Whedon version) for what the result of WB interference looks like.
    Also see: the zillion endings to Flash they've filmed (that we'll never see) because WB can't even decide what they're doing long enough to release a movie!
    I dont know where this rumor is coming from. There's only ever been one ending of Flash reported at test screenings. There's rumors that Gunn and Safran are doing a hatchet job to the ending now, every plot leak or report from the audiences so far has described the same ending.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm mainly thinking of how he was like when he was still more humanoid and fighting Superman and Martian Manhunter. He seemed to be really getting off on his powers, no matter if he had to kill people because of it.

I think my issue is more Superman seeming ineffectual and just not a very creative direction.
    Be that as a may..no choice(you need atleast adult human level ability to choose with biological and physical constraints)..no morality.As long as he doesn't seem to have had any..His morality is not in question.Therefore a villain he is not.

There is also the problem with bizarro.. what's are people going to call him?

He did his job as bridge between people and aliens/monsters.it's funny people see clark as god. I see him as cryptid.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Be that as a may..no choice(you need atleast adult human level ability to choose with constraints)..no morality.As long as he doesn't seem to have had any..His morality is not in question.Therefore a villain he is not.

There is also the problem with bizarro.. what's are people going to call him?

He did his job as bridge between people and aliens/monsters.it's funny people see clark as god. I see him as medusa.
    Well, I guess it was his choice to enjoy it a little more unless it was just the powers mentally warping him but they weren't really consistent about it beyond him eventually degrading into a feral monster but I think the damage was done.

The movie tried to portray it as he accomplished his job, yet I don't think it was executed very well.

Well, I guess it was his choice to enjoy it a little more unless it was just the powers mentally warping him but they weren't really consistent about it beyond him eventually degrading into a feral monster but I think the damage was done.

The movie tried to portray it as he accomplished his job, yet I don't think it was executed very well.
    Our enjoyment of certain impulses aren't a choice fully either.I can't choose not to enjoy a drink of vodka.

anyways,i still don't get that there is much ambiguity there.There was no billing of parasite as a villain.Especially considering the transformation itself pretty brutal.Not as brutal as dcau though.

Fair enough..it was better than what the generally do with superman with all the dad in the sky business.

Our enjoyment of certain impulses aren't a choice fully either.I can't choose not to enjoy a drink of vodka.

anyways,i still don't get that there is much ambiguity there.There was no billing of parasite as a villain.Especially considering the transformation itself pretty brutal.Not as brutal as dcau though.

Fair enough..it was better than what the generally do with superman with all the dad in the sky business.
    Hard to really accept a guy who gleefully tries to kill some heroes while on a power trip.

I mean, marketing-wise there kind of was ?

I enjoyed DCAMU Superman a lot in his later appearances. I don't think he came off like a "dad in the sky" much.

Hard to really accept a guy who gleefully tries to kill some heroes while on a power trip.

I mean, marketing-wise there kind of was ?
    See that's the thing,I saw no power trip.Only saw desperate hunger which was ample enough.It wasn't even like some vampire **** like dracula or something where an evil vampire laughs maniacally as he drinks from human from rudy himself.There was none of it.when he fully became parasite maybe afterwards..

Edit-i watched it again.the guy was helping people escape which lead to him becoming parasite..so..there is also that..there is also him absorbing pharmacist which leading to him getting medical knowledge (evidence for him absorbing superman giving him more room to fight).there was also the scene with his daughter where he runs away signifying the wasn't all gone.He was also reaching for his family when people started throwing bombs at him.

They used horror monster route with marketing.but that doesn't negate guy not being villain.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-08-2023 at 01:05 AM.

See that's the thing,I saw no power trip.Only saw desperate hunger which was ample enough.It wasn't even like some vampire **** like dracula or something where an evil vampire laughs maniacally as he drinks from human from rudy himself.There was none of it.when he fully became parasite maybe afterwards..

Edit-i watched it again.the guy was helping people escape which lead to him becoming parasite..so..there is also that..there is also him absorbing pharmacist which leading to him getting medical knowledge (evidence for him absorbing superman giving him more room to fight).there was also the scene with his daughter where he runs away signifying the wasn't all gone.He was also reaching for his family when people started throwing bombs at him.

They used horror monster route with marketing.but that doesn't negate guy not being villain.
    He seemed to be pretty happy with it when he was fighting Superman and Martian Manhunter if I remember right.

Just because he had a tragic backstory, got his powers via an accident, and a family he loved...doesn't necessarily negate him being a villain.

But all of this could be because of sloppy execution.

Brendan Fraser speaks about his role and experience with the, now shelved, BATGIRL movie. Fraser portrayed the movie's villain FIREFLY...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I dont know where this rumor is coming from. There's only ever been one ending of Flash reported at test screenings. There's rumors that Gunn and Safran are doing a hatchet job to the ending now, every plot leak or report from the audiences so far has described the same ending.
    The last test screening of The Flash was in July. I agree that the core ending was always the same but there were various tweaks since late September to add and later remove Cavill, Gadot was added and cut from the ending, half of the mid-credits scene was cut and later added back. All this amount at least to 4 versions of the "ending" just for Cavill being in, half-in or out, not counting other characters potentially being cut from the last part of the film recently. This is what Umberto Gonzalez was referring by saying there are half a dozen of "endings" for the film.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/