Page 497 of 497 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Either way I don’t think this Pa Kent is gonna suggest that Clark let people die in order to protect his secret identity.
    Listen, I wasn't the biggest fan of MoS' Jon Kent, but that's not what he did at all whatsoever.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I just find it weird that all the characters supposed to be Superman's "friends" in the movie are also conveniently the characters who have movies coming out in the DCU. None of these characters (except Supegirl) have much to do with Superman in the comic books.

The original Avengers movie had 6 superheroes. This movie already has more than that.
    I don't think most, if any, of those characters have any projects coming out.

Guy Gardner and Superman interacted a lot in the 90s. Most of my initial familiarity with Guy actually came from Superman comics, since I didn't really get into Green Lantern until the Kyle Rayner era. I just remember Guy being a loudmouth pain to Superman and the League back in those days.

The original Avengers movie had six superheroes in main roles, which is totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Listen, I wasn't the biggest fan of MoS' Jon Kent, but that's not what he did at all whatsoever.
    Don't you know that one of the many symptoms of Snyder Derangement Syndrome is selective memory?
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 04-18-2024 at 04:48 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

On this day in 1938 the first superhero entered our atmosphere via the imaginations of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. He gave us someone to believe in, not because of his great physical power, but because of his character and determination to do right no matter what. Happy #Superman Day to all of you! #UpUpandAway
    The comics are All-Star Superman #1, Action Comics #114 and Superman #1.

I seriously doubt it. There is no cast (other than Maxwell Lord maybe?).

Incredible Member

If they reboot the SHAZAM! movies, the next iteration should be based THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MARVEL. Character-wise? A little less goofy this time around. And, if a series is warranted, definitely one should be based on the old SHAZAM! TV show, but with an overall plot culminating to the re-introduction of MIGHTY ISIS. Hey, a fan can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

The comics are All-Star Superman #1, Action Comics #114 and Superman #1.
    They really do seem to be downplaying/concealing any body transformation for David Cornswet as he takes on the Clark/Kal role in official images. Saw this report purporting to show Cornswet shooting something on the side (someone suggested a MEN'S HEALTH type body article) while he's in Superman shape. Very Cavill-esque!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Didn't see this discussed here yet so...
    James Gunn confirms that scripts other than SUPERGIRL and CREATURE COMMANDOS are well on their way... on Threads (?).
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.