Page 243 of 497 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus Marvel in both Spider Verse and MCU beat DC to the Multiverse of the big screen
    I mean, I wouldn't say Dr. Strange 2 really "beat" anything, but Spider-Verse (the first one) was amazing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash clip - Barry explains who is Superman:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

All that hair on Keaton .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Glad to see yet another version of Batman who actually accomplished something over the course of his career and turned Gotham into "one of the safest cities in the world". Was starting to think the Nolanverse was the only place where the Dark Knight could truly be triumphant

But, as dark as it sounds, I guess that's what you can achieve when you don't toss your villains into Arkham but instead kill them off...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Glad to see yet another version of Batman who actually accomplished something over the course of his career and turned Gotham into "one of the safest cities in the world". Was starting to think the Nolanverse was the only place where the Dark Knight could truly be triumphant

But, as dark as it sounds, I guess that's what you can achieve when you don't toss your villains into Arkham but instead kill them off...
    I guess he probably contributed but it feels like the only reason it happened was Flashpoint.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess he probably contributed but it feels like the only reason it happened was Flashpoint.
    Pretty much this. Barry messing with time creates an alternate 2013 where all the heroes are inactive or missing for one reason or another.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    I think the anti-superhero movie bias you mention is part of it. Thanks to Marvel, there has been so much product out there that critics, at least, and probably the audience, based on the lukewarm to poor numbers for Quatumania, Shazam, and Black Adam, have reached near-burnout. It's not surprising. People were saying this for awhile. Didn't Spielberg or Scorsece and even Kevin Feige say something to the effect that superhero films will eventually go the way of the Westen due to their proliferation?

Unfortunately for the DCU, thanks to a very initiation under Zack Snyder and no plan resulting in mediocre to poorly received movies, the critics also have a bias, I believe, against any DC film. The prior heads of the DCU (unfortunately including Geoff Johns who I think is one of those blamed for the poor reception of Justice League), really messed up, beginning with having Snyder usher in the DCU with his overly violent, dark, and deconstructed take on superheroes and continuing on with promoting C level characters like Suicide Squad, Blue Beetle, Birds of Prey, etc. The brand is damaged. That's why Zaslav hired Gunn and Safran, to try to redefine the DC brand.
    These folks did not damage a thing.

If those movies made Antman 1 or at least broke even-they did not damage the brand.

The damage started long before them and even Justice League or WW or Aquaman.

Trying to do an entire universe of Dark and gritty Baman type universe does you no favors.

That doesn't nor should it ever be that with Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Beetle or Birds of Prey. That doesn't work for them.

You can not do one size fits all mess.

Nor should I EVER see the icon of female heroines Wonder Woman in a movie about wishes. That is best they could come up with??? Was Circe, Giganta and Silver Swan that busy???

It’s unclear how much is perception and how much is reality. Both executives have said some actors from the current universe could persist, and one who seems most likely is Xolo Maridueña, whose character Blue Beetle has close ties in the comics to Booster Gold. Gunn and Safran are planning their own Booster Gold show, and it is possible Blue Beetle could appear in it, depending on Beetle‘s reception this summer.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235509432/

Nice! Seems likely Jaime will be the only one aside from the SS actors who carry over to the new universe. Hope Blue Beetle succeeds and this happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"This is horrible." - Falco

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Honestly, I just think it's a generic CGI white dude in a similar costume. The actor (if there is one) doesn't really matter. We all know who it is and what world he's on.
    I know this is not the point of your post, but...no thank you to watching an AI try to imitate a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I know this is not the point of your post, but...no thank you to watching an AI try to imitate a human being.
    There was probably no AI generated characters, just CGI characters. CGI in most cases is still animated by human animators working at a computer.
    AI can make images, but I don't think Hollywood is using them for that just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235509432/

Nice! Seems likely Jaime will be the only one aside from the SS actors who carry over to the new universe. Hope Blue Beetle succeeds and this happens.
    Something in my guy is telling me Blue Beetle is going to be a surprise hit.
    Now, my guy is prone to indigestion, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Something in my guy is telling me Blue Beetle is going to be a surprise hit.
    Now, my guy is prone to indigestion, so take that with a grain of salt.
    As much as I would love that I just don’t see it happening. Blue Beetle is in the unenviable position of being released during this pre-reboot phase where people are super unhappy with all aspects of DC movies. I was hoping the Flash would generate some goodwill and momentum that could potentially carry over to Blue Beetle, but many critics seem to have a serious hate on for this flick plus Spiderverse has stolen all its thunder. So Blue Beetle being a movie with an unknown IP that’s connected to a hated brand that has a long string of failures probably doesn’t have much of a chance.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-08-2023 at 01:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe. But even so, this is a timeline where Batman succeeded in cleaning up Gotham. That's down to his actions. Doesn't matter who or what created the timeline.